It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lockheed Martin Helendale RCS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Helendale RCS panorama

I shot this panorama of the Helendale radar cross section range in October. You can find the complex on google earth around
N34 49 14.49 W117 17 47.21

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I forgot to mention that you can see wind socks in the panorama. The runways at the RCS used to be marked with Xs to indicate the runway is closed. The 2003 imagery shows the X marks removed and 22 or 4 on the runway as designations. The runway is only about 4000ft long and doesn't appear to be in good condition.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

gariac,

I have no idea if this has any relation to your thread but I keep remembering a thread from about 1,5 years ago by some guy named Bob-something. He worked for Lockheed Martin (some high up position where he had clearance to certain information) and he was saying that some kind of revolutionary new propulsion system would be introduced by 2010....(It would shock the world, he said!!)

I really cannot remember his complete username or the title of the thread but he seemed pretty legit. Will try and find the thread for you...

Peace

Edit: It's becoming pretty obvious I will never find that thread again. There are literally 1000's of threads on Lockheed. Oh well......guess we'll see in time.

edit on 31-10-2010 by operation mindcrime because: Duhhhh

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
Helendale RCS panorama

I shot this panorama of the Helendale radar cross section range in October. You can find the complex on google earth around
N34 49 14.49 W117 17 47.21

So what is it other than an old runway? Why post it on ATS?
What's so interesting about it? I've never heard of it, that's why I'm asking.
Thanks !

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Hi,

Have taken the liberty to post a link to gariac's own site which covers the place;

www.lazygranch.com...

It is used to test aircraft radar cross sections.

Peace!

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Wave
reply to post by jfj123

Hi,

Have taken the liberty to post a link to gariac's own site which covers the place;

www.lazygranch.com...

It is used to test aircraft radar cross sections.

Peace!

Thank you so much !
Now this could be an interesting place.
I looked at the page you linked to and it says this is a facility where they test planes to see how they would show up on radar. I would assume they would test entire planes, entire plane mockups, angled structure mockups, etc... to figure out how to reduce radar return.

What I do find odd is that google earth is allowed to map that area. To me it suggest this is not a sensitive area.

Thanks ! Good thread !

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Play with the google history. They used to have a few pole models out in the open.

new topics

top topics

join