It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Tally of Global Wealth Illuminates Staggering Disparities

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Well thats the difference then... I don't believe in evil.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Capitalism is individualist? REALLY? How do you see that? Say, someone comes up with a great idea for a business, they'll most likely need some initial CAPITAL to get things rolling.. That capital will usually come from an investor, someone who is interested in your business and will make a healthy profit from his investment in your dream. Now, many times the inventor/boss/whatever can't do everything on his own, so now, he'll need employees. Looks like quite a few people are involved, and we really just scratched the surface. Now, if these people decide not to work together, and only for themselves, chances are the business in question will fail miserably very quickly.

It's an us vs them mentality that helps perpetuate this travesty. I see it everyday in my profession of Union Construction... "Hide and seek, for a grand a week", or "Barely passable" are familiar sayings on many job sites. We get pitted against the contractor, and most times, both sides try taking advantage of the other anytime they can. I just went to work for a new signatory contractor, and the Foreman they brought in was a piece of # drunk, who had almost zero abilities (not to mention he was drunk by 8am the latest). It was common occurrence for this guy to miss 90% of a work day, and spend the other 10% drinking in his truck, or threatening to commit suicide.

Now, I went through the proper channels to try to remedy the situation, and apparently, I was quick to learn that this fellow has some serious familial connections, and I'm told to STFU and just do my job. Other contractors on the job always asked me, why did I still show up and start work at 6:45am when the boss never strolled in until 8am? Why take the proper 15 minute coffee or 30 minute lunch when no one was making sure I was doing the right thing? I always answered the same way... A true test of character is if you are willing to do the right thing, even when you know NO ONE is watching.

Many people have given up on their own abilities and talents, because in the real world, they don't always matter. I've seen extremely talented journeymen who have been out of work for 11+ months, not because of anything wrong with their work, but rather, they aren't connected in the right way. I've personally seen great workers laid off of jobs, while they'll keep the lazy ass-kisser, or the scumbag who takes credit for everyone else's work, and throws anyone and everyone under the bus to the contractor. It seems, even on the much smaller scale, everything is a popularity contest, or in who you know. I'm one of the "lucky" ones who usually works the majority of the year, but I'm not sure if it doesn't have more to do with my bloodline (3rd generation union member) or my actual skills.

When everyone tries fighting against each other, in order to scam some extra profit, things break down. The workers work less, making less money for the business owner, who in turn, pays their employees less, and hence, less money will also go out to the investors.. EVERYONE will eventually lose... simply due to greed. Now, don't even get me started on people getting placed into positions that they have no idea how to do their job, but got placed in that job due to false bravado, or simple bull-#ting skills. It's another thing I see every day.. Construction managers that have NO EXPERIENCE in ANY building trades, and have NO CLUE about what they're talking about, and will usually drive most projects grossly over budget and over the deadline.

They will usually try to tell you how to do your job, and when you try to logically explain why what they want you to do is impossible due to the law of physics, they'll stare at you with that blank look, thinking that you just made that up (simply because they're so used to everyone else around them bull#ting nonstop). It's frustrating, but it's the world we live in. Maybe someday, things will get better, but I believe we need a large cultural shift in order to get that completed.. We all need to work together to do great things.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Hmm, so someone who kidnaps, rapes, tortures, and kills their victims for pleasure, you don't consider to be evil?

Maybe it depends on your definition of evil, but there are certain actions that people take that I define as evil.

Knowingly allowing toxins to poison a communities water supply, even after high incidents of cancer start killing the children, in order to keep ones fat paycheck is also, in my opinion, evil.

Child labor, evil.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

So are many people of the third world evil? Many children work.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I would say your suggestion is the equivalent of blaming the rape victim for getting raped.

There are, unfortunately some countries that do just that.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Humorous indeed.

Thou commoners shall gripe all that you wish, but in the end, nothing shall any of you do.

Your are of an inferior class to us, a dog with bark, sans any any bite.

As we see fit, you shall toil; enslaved and obedient you shall remain.

Your generations we shall cut even deeper.

You shall continue to bark and not bite.

Nothing more shall you do.

Barking dogs without bite.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Syyth007

Yes capitalism is individualistic. I make the money, i make the rules... Simple as that.

I own my own business... I sell a service, my labor... To the highest bidder which is usually $300 an hour... Most jobs are $20-30k, I do two jobs a month....

You do the math.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Capitalism is the tool used before Fascism

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkRedSoda

Hilarious. Attitudes like that will lead revolution to your door, and how will your money save you when you are surrounded by many resentful "dogs" with rifles and fire? Please, keep stoking the fire, it will only keep us warm until we are ready. With the blatant attempt by the Western globalists to take over the world, your true payment will come soon enough.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I wish the working class would wise up, realize that it is the rich that need US, not the other way around. You think the rich are going to pick up tools and build their own houses? MAintain their own vehicles? Deliver their own supplies? Fix their own private roads? Butcher their own food? The rich could never survive without us, period. They couldn't make any money without our sweat.

Oops, that was not directed towards anyone in particular, just hit the wrong reply button.
edit on 26-10-2010 by TKDRL because: added line

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

What about making children study all day like they do in Asia? Is that less evil?

What if some children want to earn money? Would it be evil to give them the job?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ADUB77

Are you serious?

Almost all democratic countries are pro-capitalism. Apparently it's more practical and preferable for people to be responsible for themselves than to be looked after and managed by the government/other people.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Exactly... Personal responsibility is key to capitalism.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkRedSoda

You might want to look up Robespierre.

Or other Kings who P'd off the poor.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Now you are being silly.

Do you whip the children regularly?

Sounds like you are trying to justify something.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join