It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just another way PC seeks to end your life

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
ITT (In this thread): people ranting about fatties to make themselves feel better for whatever reason. If people were as concerned with their own lives as they were everyone else's then this topic probably wouldn't even exist, but as it stands people will point to every single corner of the world and cry foul rather than shutting up and taking action to make things right in their lives.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
No i agree with the OP.
Coming from the UK ourhealth care is paid for by the tax payer and at this moment in time its being abused by many people. Obese people need to take some damn responicibility for their bodys or else your going to be paying the price soon enough. dont think its okay to have a # diet and not bother to make proper meals or exercise - I think your #ing lazy.
To many people try and hide behind medical problems when in reality, the last time they probably stepped into a doctors was for constipation - Caused by poor diet.
And you know, if people should only be concerned what happens in THEIR lives, then we might aswell shut down the Social issues board.
But put simply, being obese IS a social issue.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
No i agree with the OP.
Coming from the UK ourhealth care is paid for by the tax payer and at this moment in time its being abused by many people. Obese people need to take some damn responicibility for their bodys or else your going to be paying the price soon enough. dont think its okay to have a # diet and not bother to make proper meals or exercise - I think your #ing lazy.
To many people try and hide behind medical problems when in reality, the last time they probably stepped into a doctors was for constipation - Caused by poor diet.
And you know, if people should only be concerned what happens in THEIR lives, then we might aswell shut down the Social issues board.
But put simply, being obese IS a social issue.

Welcome to the future America.

When health care is "public", your personal life inevitably becomes a social issue.

/soapbox

Actually I otherwise agree with the OP too as my previous post indicates.

edit on 29-12-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
ITT (In this thread): people ranting about fatties to make themselves feel better for whatever reason. If people were as concerned with their own lives as they were everyone else's then this topic probably wouldn't even exist, but as it stands people will point to every single corner of the world and cry foul rather than shutting up and taking action to make things right in their lives.

And then there's those of us that already made things right in their lives and now they want to pay it forward and try to help other people do the same... Sorry if that hurts your feelings somehow but I'm more concerned about the children whose daddy died of coronary heart disease at the age of 36.... They trump your big boy feelings, sorry. I have enough adopted children, thanks

edit on 29-12-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by Brood

You call me, yes me, a fool, I was obese, my feelings were hurt at school by name calling and bullying, I needed protected from that, so that comment was directed at me and others in a similar situation.

FACT: My body would not burn off the fat, no amount of excercise, dieting or calorie control worked, it WAS medical, and I needed treatment.

FACT: There are a lot of obese people out there who are so because of a medical problem, not because they shovel big macs down their throat or want to eat like mommy and daddy.

To call all obese people fools is simply ignorant.

edit on 27/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

I was just wondering...

If you would have gone to the doctor to see about your weight problem...

...If everyone had protected your feelings for you about your obesity.

en·a·ble
   /ɛnˈeɪbəl/ Show Spelled[en-ey-buhl] Show IPA
–verb (used with object), -bled, -bling.
to make able; give power, means, competence, or ability to; authorize: This document will enable him to pass through the enemy lines unmolested.
to make possible or easy: Aeronautics enables us to overcome great distances.
to make ready; equip (often used in combination): Web-enabled cell phones.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

I would have gone regardless, I knew there was a problem when all the excercise I did (especially through the Armay cadets) and regardless of dieting and calorie control, I still kept putting weight on, plus I seemed to stop growing whilst everyone overtook me.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
MIne shot a cd out,and cut of my finger. Beeping sounds followed by "must kill,must kill" I am scared.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Brood

Being an obese person myself I can't say I disagree with you. I fully acknowledge that I did this to myself and every step of the way was pretty tasty. I've done my best to fix my diet in recent days but it used to be a lot worse and involve a ton of fast food. I would never touch a Double Big Mac however. I fail to see why McDonald's has to divulge info on that particular meal, after all its a DOUBLE Big Mac anyone taking a bite knows darn well it ain't good for you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join