It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chronic Wasting Disease questions..any hunters here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Hi everyone.

I was just reading the post about McDonald's happy meals and how they're super bad for you. This got me thinking about how most processed meat (especially hamburger) is questionable at best. I live in an area where hunting is a viable alternative to buying meat at the grocery store, and I think it would be a good way to save money and eat healthier if you're into meat. This got me thinking about the recent (or not so recent) news stories you might have heard about chronic wasting disease and I was wondering about other people's thoughts on the subject? I guess the first thing that popped into my head was, "Is this even a real problem, or just another manufactured threat to scare people." What are your opinions, and/or knowledge on this subject?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I would assume that any infected animal would be noticeably infected so I wouldn't kill it for food.
What I would suggest is to find the areas and species that this disease is infecting the wildlife and hunt elsewhere outside of these areas.

heres a map of the areas where it is found... the areas are huge...
www.cwd-info.org...

They don't know for sure if it can be transmitted to humans, it's pretty scary.
edit on 17-10-2010 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

I just looked at the FAQ section of the link you posted

They say it can't be transmitted to humans but to still use caution FAQ

Thanks for the map! I heard somewhere that if you cook the meat properly that helps to eliminate the risk, but I don't know much about it, which is why I'm posting here.

edit on 17-10-2010 by bekisu because: More info

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
You should be very careful if you live close to the border of any infected state. It may well have already spread to the animals in that area, but Fish and Game as not discovered it yet. I am no expert, but any disease that is a form of encephalitis is extremely dangerous and I wouldn't trust cooking to kill it.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
wow! i've never even heard of that. thanks for the enlightenment. im not much of a hunter but i love venison, i think its a much healthyer meat. reading on what it does to the infected sounds nuts! reminds me of some form of zombie deer.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

Thanks for the tip, I'll take that into consideration. Maybe I'll just go vegetarian, seems like the better option more and more, the smell of cooking meat kind of grosses me out.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bekisu

Take em young and healthy, its obvious when to let a sickly buck pass your sights, you just feel so sorry for the poor thing you want to throw them your lunch instead.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
From the Timeline this appears to be a natural disease, I didn't see any figures
on the amount of incidences in herds or if there is a definite increase....anyone
know??

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

lol...I dunno, I've hunted a few times but I'm not that good at it, I think the sickly ones would get away too... Carrots can't run.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeyDawn

I don't know much about it, I thought it would be something worth looking into though. I'll do some more research and let you guys know what I find, if anyone else knows anything though, please post.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
If it's not tranferrable from animal to human yet make no mistake that it will. All in the name of depopulation!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
i have chronic wasting disease
or chronic wasted disease?
i cant remember:/

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

lol...yeah that's kind of what I was thinking about. Creepy stuff. I'm going to go invest in a padded room...they said I might need it once I joined this site, I'm inclined to agree.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekisu

lol...yeah that's kind of what I was thinking about. Creepy stuff. I'm going to go invest in a padded room...they said I might need it once I joined this site, I'm inclined to agree.

You know that even though they won't say anything to the contrary but a long held suspicion is confirmed via that a byprduct that makes packaging cardboard so rigid is applied to the batter for the fries making them eternally and oddly stiff while giving a uniform like look and how other potato fries are usually varied in size.

Law of averages dictates that per every order of fries of greater then a medium you should have enough fries to place side by side to form the shape of a potato. With McD Fries what you get is a flat box like if they are a deck of playing card that are freshly cut from the master uncut sheet.

Stick a cigarette lighter or a candle and burn a McD fry, it goes black instantly with a foul chemically smell. This is not indicitive of proper food processing and indicitive of chemicalization whereas a real potato fry should first bake like a baked potato before it blackens the McD fry instantly blackens.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Interesting stuff... I decided to google how they prepare the potatoes for McDonalds restaurants, it's pretty involved. According to the article I found here: www.associatedcontent.com...
They have a lot of sizing requirements for the fries, many steps to the process. As far as the chemicals go, it said potatoes are sent to "The Blancher" where they add dextrose and sodium acid pyrophosphate. Here is that quote:

The fries are then flumed out of the A.D.R. room to the "blancher." The blancher is a large vessel filled with one hundred and seventy degree water. The trip through the blancher takes about fifteen minutes and it is here, according to Le, that "the chemicals are added." Le was not sure what all is added, but I later found a pamphlet published in June of 1991 by McDonald's entitled, "McDonald's food: the facts." It states that both dextrose and sodium acid pyrophosphate are added here to enhance color, as well as to protect the flavor, of the finished product.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Ok,i don't really think I will be able to contribute much as i think most of you are in the U.S.A. ,and I am in England but I clicked on the thread because of the wasting disease title.

I am not a farmer but we live in a big Farmhouse next to a farm where the farmer (who lives somewhere else!)keeps a large herd of bullocks.We have tried not to get attached to any of the bulls (who are quite amusing and not really any trouble at all)because we know they are going to slaughter eventually.

My kids did name a couple of them but after the first lot were dispatched to the laughter house they did'nt do it any more!
That did not stop us from keeping an eye on them though as they do escape sometimes and need to be herded back again.

Anyway, about three of them looked like they were starving to death ,as I have said I am not a farmer so I really worried and eventually got my husband to ring the farmer and ask if he knew about this(he does not come down here very often) he told my husband "Oh don't worry they have just got that wasting disease."

I have to admit I was extremly concerned by this not only for the poor bullocks who really should be put down ,but also for my children who quite often 'play ' with them ,stroking them and letting them lick their hands.

So,like I said I have'nt really got any ground breaking info for you but thought I would tell you just how unimportant the farmer thought this was ,and how amazed I was at his reaction.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by saratoga123

Here's a link I found, Chronic Wasting Disease and Mad Cow disease are related so it might be of interest to you.

www.legis.state.wi.us...

Probably a good idea to keep your kids away from that farm.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Your best bet is to protect yourself and your families from the vectors that are spreading the diseases. As science moves forward --finally---I do believe they will find the syndromes to be caused by these organisms as well as chronic diseases they work on for profit. You see to site resistance is no longer in the equation as long as we know we have these organisms that can alter our DNA, Assimilate into other organisms DNA, as well as hide in the DNA. nar.oxfordjournals.org... If you would like to dig deeper--you can always research Morgellons as many if not all chronically ill patients have it. Whatever it is...The CDC contracted one lab Kaiser Permenente, over 2 years ago to discover its origin and cause and still no word. Yet many are suffering in the denial and lies that it is easily treated, easy to cure. But hey---they decided we needed a blood test for pooled supplies for T. cruzi. Thats a joke...
edit on 3-11-2010 by SilverMaven because: (no reason given)

top topics

join