It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over-weight Woman Kills Boyfriend by Sitting on Him: Gets Probation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Ok first .. lets take this disturbing news in a serious manner
No poor jokes allowed

After seeing this .. many thoughs came to my mind

* Murder
* Abuse
* Relationship trust
* With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility !!

Its comparable .. she is strong and can probably beat and kill many with her bare hands
there is no reason that during a fight you would loose control of yourself .. and end a life by your action

its the same thing when you have a GUN or any other powers .. small or big
i never though i would employ a spider man quote ..
but this is a wise phrase that everyone on earth should have a though on it
all humans on earth are stronger than somebody elsewhere or stronger than a little animal
it have a spiritual side

what she did is awfull .. it breaks my heart .. the guy im sure was not able to move at all he was debating .. fighting until he had no forces and her still sitting probably on his head for several minutes after ..

i dont know .. but this is one of the worst way of dying ... EVER .. not able to move at all

Story:

CLEVELAND -- The details are shocking and hard to believe, but authorities say a woman -- who was believed to weigh around 300 lbs. at the time -- sat on her boyfriend and killed him last summer.

On Wednesday, Mia Landingham, pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter in the death of her 120 lb. boyfriend, Mikal Middleton-Bey.

It happened back in August during an altercation between the coup More..le, who share three children together.

During Landingham's sentencing, her boyfriend's family spoke of the pain she has caused their family.

"I just want to let you know how much you have hurt us by taking Mikal away from us," said Sharon Phillips, the victim's step-mother.

Landingham's public defender told the judge there was a long history of domestic abuse between his client and her late boyfriend.

He also pointed out she has no prior criminal record.

Landingham, then told the judge she was sorry for squashing the father of her children. "I just want to say that I am sincerely sorry about this situation... I wish I could take it back."

Judge Carolyn Friedland sentenced her to three years probation and 100 hours community service.

Landingham was then immediately released from jail.

While Middleton-Bey's family hoped Landingham would eventually be able to take part in her children's lives, they were surprised that she got no additional jail time.

"So basically you can say that I can go sit on somebody and get probation?" said one of the victim's sister.

"I feel there wasn't no justice."

Landingham faced a maximum of five years behind bars.

Liveleak link

IF YOU WERE THE JUDGE ... ?
how much do you think she diserve ??

My answer is more than 5 yrs ,, 10 yrs in prison to repent and try to be at peace with this lesson .. sometime it can change any person into a better person .. 10 yrs is what she diserve
paid by the tax payer .. sadly

edit on 10/17/2010 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
uhhh what a horrible way to die!! And only PROBATION!!???

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Seems like both sides are a little bit on the mental side, but if she was really being abused by her 120 POUND boyfriend..then maybe she should've sought protection from one of the many groups that does such things.

Also she should receive jail time/mental rehabilitation while serving.
edit on 10/15/10 by Elsek because: Answering op's question

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by j4k312
uhhh what a horrible way to die!! And only PROBATION!!???

This is the justice system
.. once somebody is dead .. they dont care anymore
no more then this woman .. will she have remorses about that .. ?? or not at all

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

How do you sit on someone and not know it?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

no more then this woman .. will she have remorses about that .. ?? or not at all

I just recently took my SAT's and one of the questions had to do with our Justice System, and its true that the Justice System isnt about seeking the truth..its about winning.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It is hard to make a decision on what is the reason for why this person got probation and not jail time, though there are questions that are brought to the forefront when reviewing the relevent articles. The first question that comes to mind, is how large was her boyfriend who she killed? Was he a small person in body and size, or of equal size, and the details of the past domestic violence also comes to mind as well. Who was the abuser and who was the victim in those cases. If the history of such shows where she was clearly the victim in those cases, then I would agree, as much as some would think it wrong, that the probation is the way to go. But if, on the off chance, she was not the victim, but the abuser, then it should be full prison and jail time for the crime as she clearly went too far.
Justice must be blind and all emotions have to be set aside in all criminal cases, and all facts need to be weighed as if each case was the first of its kind.
What she did was clearly wrong, of that we can all agree, but the reasons why and what led up to such, is not so clear and kind of fuzzy, still in the court records. I would hope that for all of our sakes, that when ever we go into a court room as either the plaintiff or the defendent, that the judge and the jury are equally blind to all but the facts of the case.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
If you weight 300 pounds you know it and you also know it would be dangerous to sit on someone. She used her weight as a weapon - she should get the maximum amount of years in prison. That had to be a terrible way to die.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Unfortunately I cant view the video. sucks.
It also sucks for the individual who lost their life. Makes you wonder though. All the times in a persons life they think about how they may meet their end, and I bet being sat on never enters your mind. Isn't that rich?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by afterschoolfun
reply to post by Ben81

How do you sit on someone and not know it?

unless you know it but dont want to know it .. thats a DONT CARE attitude

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elsek

I just recently took my SAT's and one of the questions had to do with our Justice System, and its true that the Justice System isnt about seeking the truth..its about winning.

Yes .. sadly the reputation of some attorneys are more important
this movie speak about it very well

Law Abiding Citizen Wiki link

Very wise movie

it show some light on this corrupted justice system
thats why she will get out in no time .. while the familly is still bleeding from the lost

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I wish I could watch the video but it is blocked in my country.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I wonder how this would have been treated if an overweight MAN sat on his GIRLFRIEND during a domestic dispute and received a female judge? Three years probation? Doubt it. Just food for thought.
edit on 17-10-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elsek
I wish I could watch the video but it is blocked in my country.

Can you click on the liveleak link that i have provided above ??
maybe its only youtube who is blocked in Germany
didnt know that .. im half germany living in canada lol working fine here

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brood
I wonder how this would have been treated if an overweight MAN sat on his GIRLFRIEND during a domestic dispute and received a female judge? Three years probation? Doubt it. Just food for thought.

your right .. i think if it was a guy he would get sentenced 10 yrs minimum

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Pretty shocking sentence - obvious plea deal involved - should have (at minimum) also included therapy, IMO.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brood

Yeah for sure seems like justice system is as always exactly the opposite....

Its about the fact that the judges seem to forget what JUSTICE is....
Justice should be lenient to those deserving leniency but as in many cases its lenient to the ones who deserve nothing better than a prison cell.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
What would be interesting to know is how long has the abuse been going on. One should consider that she doesn't have a criminal record and still has children to raise. Her children are hit two ways. 1. They lost their father. 2. They'll most likely be teased at school by classmates with "Your mama is so fat... " jokes.

In addition the mother will be made fun of for a very long time. Let's put ourselves in her shoes. Everyone that comes up to you and asks you how your husband died, what will you say?

It's a strange case, and a very embarassing way to die and to lose a spouse.

I believe that she should've gotten some jail time, but only to illustrate to the public that no crime should go unpunished.

new topics

top topics

join