It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS Report On 9/11: Ground Level Explosion Caused WTC To Collapse

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

en.wikipedia.org...

The video speaks for itself. It doesn't matter where it was posted or what "conspiracy site" it was found on.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Aww shucks. I forgot, the tactic that the OS crew uses to promote their ignorant shenanigans:

Blame it on Alex Jones.

For real, you guys have to read some Brzezinski, Machiavelli, Sunstein, Marrs, or how about this new guy:

I know I know... they are both crazy along with Ahmadinejad, right?

How many people can you call crazy before you realize that everyone around you has stood up and faced the grim truth: That we do not know, but the OS was absolute sh!t.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

Source please.
I don't follow these truther threads enough to know what your referring to. I have not heard about the israeli's getting busted with a bombs. Sounds made up.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

Originally posted by Black_Fox

Laws of physics???
Really?

WTC 7,The vaporizing of 4 planes,motlen steel,suddenly jet fuel burns high enough to melt steel?

Please,dont bring laws of physics into this..............

If you do not want to accept the possibility that aircraft impact damage combined with massive accelerant-instigated fires caused a domino effect of collapse and that there might have been an achilles heel within the building's unique design that noone fully understood was there, fine. That does NOT give you license to be making up claims of secret controlled demolitions, lasers from outer space, or whatever, that are way more outlandish than the scenario you disapprove of, and that certainly does not give you license to be slandering everyone from Silverstein to fire fighters to air force pilots to taxi drivers to even the Red Cross of being complicit of treason and murder.

I don't know how many times I've seen someone here accusing Theodore Olsen of lying and/or being part of the coverup, and all he did was answer the telephone.

And yes,Alex Jones is a tool,a money grubbing radio evangelist.

...so you do agree with me then that the 9/11 comspiracy movement is infested with outright con artists polluting the well for their own financial gain? Splendid, now we're getting somewhere.

GoodolDave....I, as does Black Fox agree that there are some very unscrupulous individuals out there, trying to make money at whatever cost...They do not care about the families of the deceased or the deceased themselves....My belief here is however that, at first I took what I was hearing by the msm, only in the years after did I realise that things weren't adding up...

1. Something like 85 security camera's covering "that" side of the pentagon, yet they can only show ONE, which DOES NOT show a commercial airliner crashing. Or are you telling me it does ?

2. WTC 7 .... Ok seriously, what can you possibly say about this ?

3. Firefighters and Construction workers who heard explosions in the lower levels, including two who were actually hit by the blast, and your telling me that the building collapse started on the "ninety somethingth floor",due to burning jet fuel which distorted the shape and weakened critical joints which led to the pancake effect collapse, sorry I don't buy that, thousands upon thousands of bolts and supporting girders all give way at the same time.....ok that is your opinion, and what I have wrote is mine, You are no more right than I am or Black Fox.....As for "you truthers", well I for one have never been on Prison Planet, and yeah I'd call myself a truther because common sense and rational thinking tells me that all is not as it seems.
So you carry on being blind, see I've had a sh!t day and I don't generally rant like this, but what you've posted has really pi$$ed me off....END

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012

Source please.
I don't follow these truther threads enough to know what your referring to. I have not heard about the israeli's getting busted with a bombs. Sounds made up.

It is made up. No Israelis were busted with bombs. More 9/11 confusion.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Going to Prison Planet and that snake oil peddler Alex Jones for information on "the truth" about 9/11 is like going to the Pope to learn "the truth" about evolution. It is an established fact and not for debate that the towers started to collapse at the ninety-somethingth floor, where the planes impacted the structures, so whatever caused the structural integrity to fail, it began there. There is no way, shape or form that any explosives planted at ground level is going to cause the towers to collapse up at the ninety-somethingth floor, regardless of how much super duper thermite or nimi-nukes you use. Either Jones is so stark raving paranoid that he thinks the 9/11 conspiracy borders on the supernatural, or it's a calculated attempt to rewrite the events of 9/11 to his liking. Either way, why is anyone actually taking this drivel seriously?

When I say you truthers are getting all your information from these damned fool 9/11 conspiracy web sites putting out drivel to get people all paranoid over shadows, you're not really proving me wrong.

The video is an actual broadcast on CBS news... now unless CBS news became merged with Prison Planet and I missed it, your argument is completely invalid. Does it matter if the clip comes to light from Alex Jones? I highly doubt Alex Jones got CBS to make the statements that "A third explosion at the ground level of the WTC may have caused the building to fall down within itself"

Your so busy attacking Alex Jones and "truther websites" but fail to even acknowledge that the clip is an actual CBS News Broadcast that is quoting CNN news. Talk about deflection and not staying on topic..lol...I expected a better response from the believers, but instead of attacking the actual message, you attack the messenger. Even Stevie Wonder can see through this one.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by chupa-chups

Just to pick up on your point 2 relating to WTC 7 of which you say " what can you possibly say about this ".

Well, I can say quite a bit about it because, although it is endlessly cited by truthers as evidence of cd, it is in fact clear evidence that there was no cd. It was by pure chance that the collapse of WTC 1 damaged WTC 7 and started fires. Not only that but the collapse cut off water supplies to WTC 7. Fires burned all day and finally resulted in collapse.

Take out what happened by chance and you are left with the supposed perps planning to cd WTC 7 ,as it stood , in full view of millions. If you believe that you should get your critical faculties checked.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

Well, I can say quite a bit about it because, although it is endlessly cited by truthers as evidence of cd, it is in fact clear evidence that there was no cd. It was by pure chance that the collapse of WTC 1 damaged WTC 7 and started fires. Not only that but the collapse cut off water supplies to WTC 7. Fires burned all day and finally resulted in collapse.

Just because falling derby (superficially) damaged WTC7 and office fires plagued the building for 8 hours does not constitute as "evidence" against a controlled demolition Alfie1. That is a spectacularly weak call of "evidence". It remains an impossibility for a steel-framed building to collapse through itself at freefall acceleration unless all the columns on the respective floors are simultaneously removed which even "official" investigators NIST admit would indicate use of explosives (they couldn't put two and two together in their report though), they say there must be "no structural components underneath the falling section of the building" otherwise freefall can't happen. If we are to believe WTC7 collapsed exclusively from fire we have to believe that the fire caused all the columns spanning 8 floors to buckle simultaneously before the above falling section even encountered them. That's 8 floors of structural components gone pretty much instantaneously. Explain how fire can do that. I've said this before, and I'll say it again: the burden of proof is on you to convince us a building that "collapsed" in a way that mimics a controlled demolition collapsed from fire. What evidence do you have besides non-evidence arguments such as "do you believe the perps were dummies" (I'm paraphrasing) or "WTC7 was damaged by falling derby" (which even NIST admits was insignificant)? All we want is evidence. Is that too much to ask? Does that make us crazy, mentally-unhinged "conspiracy theorists?" Show me real-world evidence for your extraordinary claim, and I'll believe you.

Fires burned all day and finally resulted in collapse.

Any evidence (apart from computer models) that WTC7 collapsed from fire?

your critical faculties checked.

That's the highlight of my day, right there.
edit on 15-10-2010 by Nathan-D because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Yup, just MORE proof of other explosions that can be put into the pile which will sadly be ignored. Who knows, maybe there was supposed to be another explosion at Capital Hill that failed to happen.

BTW, Just ignore Dave and Alfie1, they are both very suspicious users. I am almost positive there are other motives involved regarding some of these guys.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Nathan-D

You appear to be deliberately evading the point of my argument. It is commonly asserted by truthers that the perps had the enormous resources of the state at their command and that they covered up evidence of their crimes on the grand scale by say, having planes flown into the towers to cover cd, and also on the small scale by faking telephone calls from the planes for example.

But, when it comes to WTC 7, truthers seem quite happy with the idea that the perps just planned to blow it up willy nilly as the world and his wife watched. You have to exclude the chance happenings.

Do you not see that to embrace both is incompatible.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

I'm not evading it Alfie1, it's just a meaningless argument and is not 'evidence' of anything, as you seem to think. Why do you constantly try to sidetrack discussions away into the meaningless and pose questions one must answer speculatively? I can't answer that question. I don't know. Sure, it seems strange, maybe the perpetrates are just extremely brazen. Who knows? Whatever the case, it doesn't change the fact that the official explanation of WTC7's collapse defies basic physics and all-known antecedents. As I said in my previous post, just provide evidence that WTC7 collapsed from fire, because personally, I find that hard to believe, since it looks pretty much identical to a classic controlled demolition. Also, explain how fire can cause there to be "no structural components underneath the falling section of the building", because I simply can't fathom it. Shed some light on my misunderstandings please because I'm clearly lacking the intellectual capacity.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012

Source please.

Mossad Truck Bombs on Sept 11

Israeli Spies Caught Celebrating 9-11

Five Dancing Israelis Arrested On 9/11

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
"The video is an actual broadcast on CBS news... now unless CBS news became merged with Prison Planet and I missed it, your argument is completely invalid."

Take it easy on the guy - he seems to be a bit slow when it comes to something as complex as First Grade reading comprehension.

"But, when it comes to WTC 7, truthers seem quite happy with the idea that the perps just planned to blow it up willy nilly as the world and his wife watched."

The world has a wife? Now that's news to me! Source please.

Or, did you mean to say that all the people in the world have a wife? And if this is the case, is it the same wife for all?

"It is made up. No Israelis were busted with bombs. More 9/11 confusion."

Seriously, I am inclined to believe you, but in all honesty, I have some serious reservations about taking the word of someone who thinks the world has a wife.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

There were many things I heard during the footage that I've seen the truthers try to use to show conspiracy, but they were just all bad reporting. They would say things that weren't even confirmed. This whole conspiracy thing started over seas that day and it just spread across the globe like a virus. I think it was Pakistan, not sure, that said the Jews did it, and all the haters jumped on that like a moth to flame. I have yet to see one single bit of proof that anything occured other than planes flown by POS, crashed into buildings and killed a lot of innocent people.

Wow, someone around here--and I'm not naming any names, mind you--has a wildly imaginative and interesting take on the facts surrounding 9/11. I especially enjoyed the part about how the 9/11 conspiracy started overseas. Now that's a new factoid I have never heard. Now that I'm enlightened, I may go spread the word so as to quell any further distortions that have been dispersed amongst the good people of America. Call me the Paul Revere of the "Truth Movement." I'm off.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Nathan-D

Also to Alfie,

The NIST freefall collapse report on WT7, (which they had to revise to include some freefall) only addresses the area of greatest damage which did not include by default, the entire structure below, only part of. You are left to decide if that could really make the rest of the building go down in almost unison. You could also argue that WT7 is the key to all the events of 9/11 because of the information held inside it, and that no matter what, WT7 would be destroyed. If WT7 had been a singular attack, it would eventually/very quickly more like, have been seen as suspicious, so that is where it becomes the ugliest of scenarios. The deal then is, a massive conspiracy of concealment involving wrongdoing on a huge scale by corporate entity/s and huge sums of money and surely not insurance money. If Alfie is nearer to what happened, then the terrorists got more than they bargained for, even the false Bin-laden video picked up on that, well not really.
edit on 15-10-2010 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

This is a CBS news report. If you are going to attack a media figure, its only
logical you would attack CBS for airing this report?

It seems you misdirected your criticism.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I love how the so called 'debunkers' try to discredit all of the eyewitness testimony from 911 concerning explosions. They continually claim it is somehow outdated or unreliable. When in fact just the opposite is true.
The original witness' are the most reliable. It is over time that the waters have become deliberately muddied to justify the official story.
edit on 15-10-2010 by jambatrumpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Truthers are fond of citing that Dan Rather news item about a van and explosives but they never get around to telling anyone that he back-tracked from it later.

www.911myths.com...

edit on 16-10-2010 by Alfie1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

Truthers are fond of citing that Dan Rather news item about a van and explosives but they never get around to telling anyone that he back-tracked from it later.

www.911myths.com...

edit on 16-10-2010 by Alfie1 because: (no reason given)

Oh...A main stream media employee retracting their original statements that conflict with the official story? how surprising...

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Going to Prison Planet and that snake oil peddler Alex Jones for information on "the truth" about 9/11 is like going to the Pope to learn "the truth" about evolution. It is an established fact and not for debate that the towers started to collapse at the ninety-somethingth floor, where the planes impacted the structures, so whatever caused the structural integrity to fail, it began there. There is no way, shape or form that any explosives planted at ground level is going to cause the towers to collapse up at the ninety-somethingth floor, regardless of how much super duper thermite or nimi-nukes you use. Either Jones is so stark raving paranoid that he thinks the 9/11 conspiracy borders on the supernatural, or it's a calculated attempt to rewrite the events of 9/11 to his liking. Either way, why is anyone actually taking this drivel seriously?

When I say you truthers are getting all your information from these damned fool 9/11 conspiracy web sites putting out drivel to get people all paranoid over shadows, you're not really proving me wrong.

Thats right! On a controlled demolition of a building they plant the detonators at the top! Rite? That must be the logical way to do it. Just get guys in the demolition trade to fly drones laden with fuel into buildings, save all this rigging detonators! Obviously works! Even though all the fuel burns out on impact! Come on! They must be official story websites you can post on!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join