It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dying 7 Year Old Taunted by Adults

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
People who speak of Karma, are just those not willing to ever be active in retribution.

Quoting Karma is a cop-out.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
These people also have children - and terrifying children so that you can teach a stupid woman with a personality disorder a "lesson" does not make things better.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This is a very emotional issue and it is easy to let your emotions to speak for you. But it is also important to remember that things said publicly are indeed public statements and can be misconstrued and manipulated by those that make their living off of the misery of others.

In order to allow the emotions to settle a bit so that cooler heads may prevail this thread is being temporarily closed.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
While both noble and natural to want to defend the defenseless, especially when it comes to a child. Let's try to keep emotions in check with our posting in order to avoid actioning.

Thread Reopened.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

pride is a disgusting trait

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I just spent a good amount of time writing a very appropriate post, which did not post
and then I lost the content.

I'm not in the mood to re-write it right now, but maybe later. please disregard this post.
edit on 9-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

Originally posted by fonenyc

pride is a disgusting trait

That isn't pride. It's arrogance and spitefulness.

Pride can be the condition of a healthy mind. The other two qualities I mentioned are not.
edit on 9-10-2010 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Apology Extended

I would hope that people keep the negativity to a minimum on this thread, or it will get closed again.

I think we can discuss this without getting angry and posting comments that are pure venting.

The people have apologized in regards to this incident, here is the news clip.

Apology for Taunting

Scott Petkov says he's sorry. "We apologize for our actions and stupidity. It was an ignorant thing that we did and it was basically in retaliation about things that were said about my house and my wife."

Scott's wife Jennifer doctored-up and posted photos of Laura Edward, who died from Huntington's Disease , showing her wrapped in the arms of the grim reaper. She also posted a photo of Laura's 7-year-old daughter, Kathleen Edward, who is now dying from Huntington's Disease , her face becoming the center of a skull and crossbones.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I understand people's frustration, but wouldn't it be nice if everyone sent words of Love and Support to the little girl instead.

Why waste your valuable energy on anger and hate?

Just think about how that little girl and her remaining family will feel if everyone sends their Love.

Originally posted by Master Shen long
adddress and contact details of the scum involved please......

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I have spent the better part of my adult life helping kids in one fashion or another and this story breaks my heart.

Heartless trailer trash is the only words which I could type right now. I believe the only reason the husband apologized is because of the backlash they are getting from this.

A few days ago, someone who was visiting one of my neighbours said something to another neighbours daughter. She is 16 and just came out of the closest that she was gay. This person said to her "You're much to beautiful to be gay. I could make ya straight again." He is in his 40's. My neighbour, the girls father, proceeded to knock the guy out. No talking just three punches and a kick to the head. The guy, when he came to was thrown in a cab, literally, and sent on his way.

I tell you this little story because I feel that's exactly what needs to be done to these people. They need to be shown the error of their ways and made an example of. Stuff like this shouldn't be tolerated. Picking on a sick 7 y/o shows just what type of people these folks are. They could use to have some sense knocked into them.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
I understand people's frustration, but wouldn't it be nice if everyone sent words of Love and Support to the little girl instead.

Why waste your valuable energy on anger and hate?

Just think about how that little girl and her remaining family will feel if everyone sends their Love.

Originally posted by Master Shen long
post removed

Yes they apologized after receiving death threats! So i guess the anger and hate worked to getting that coffin tore up and a apology. Although not sincere.

Dont know why thread was closed i cant go anywhere and get away from political correctness. Who cares about venting. Someone scared those creeps into a apology and im glad.

Thats why we have so many people like them in this world because noone stands up to these kinda people any more. People say be mature about it dont threaten them feel sorry for them etc etc. No sometimes all people understand is a good $#@ kicking.

Someone got to these people and thats why she apologized. She acted like a totally different person in the apology.
edit on Sat Oct 9 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: to remove quote of OT post

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Karma is a bitch isn't it?

I can only imagine the maelstrom they have brought upon themselves-- the reason, I'm sure, they have now issued a series of apologies.

I guess they no longer derive "personal satisfaction" from the situation.

What were her comments? She wanted it to "rub their ass raw" and "take it or leave it"?

Indeed.

On occasion the universe conspires to provide some small measure of justice. Bravo.

edit on 9-10-2010 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
I have spent the better part of my adult life helping kids in one fashion or another and this story breaks my heart.

Heartless trailer trash is the only words which I could type right now. I believe the only reason the husband apologized is because of the backlash they are getting from this.

A few days ago, someone who was visiting one of my neighbours said something to another neighbours daughter. She is 16 and just came out of the closest that she was gay. This person said to her "You're much to beautiful to be gay. I could make ya straight again." He is in his 40's. My neighbour, the girls father, proceeded to knock the guy out. No talking just three punches and a kick to the head. The guy, when he came to was thrown in a cab, literally, and sent on his way.

I tell you this little story because I feel that's exactly what needs to be done to these people. They need to be shown the error of their ways and made an example of. Stuff like this shouldn't be tolerated. Picking on a sick 7 y/o shows just what type of people these folks are. They could use to have some sense knocked into them.

Amen! I agree with you 100%. Remember epic beard man the ole white man who set the thug straight on the bus? Someone did a interview with Mr Thug after the incident and he was just as polite as he could be. He acted like a totally different person. I guess that butt whooping mellowed him out. A lot of these jerks just need someone to step up to them and put a beating on them. It really does work wonders for some people.

Some people are used to acting like those guys and getting away with it. With noone standing up to them. So they assume all the general population will be the same way. But one day eventually they run into the wrong person or people.

I know everyone will scream dont advocate violence but really thats all some of these folks understand.
edit on 9-10-2010 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Adults need to take care of Adults. Spouting poetry about God and the thereafter, or Karma takes care of nothing. I am discusted in every adult in the area who knows of this yet stands by and does nothing other than spouting such poetry as mentioned above. GOD helps those who help themselves. GOD put those little angles in our care and trusts US to take care of them. “When you have to deal with a beast you have to treat him as a beast. It is most regrettable but nevertheless true.” - Truman.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Little info on the area this happened in. Detroit, Michigan Metro area, industry town.

SE Michigan where I and fellow ATS members/Mods live. Our area is mostly comprised of "Blue Collar Workers" hard working class that have a great deal of compassion, yet do not put up with crap.

So on a personal note, unless these people truly show remorse and extended a helping hand, I would start packing up and think about relocating soon.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Here is some more news coverage of this with video. It seemed to me like neighbors fueding, and the lady doing the taunting and posting the photos didn't have sense or restrain to leave the daughter out of it.

www.myfoxdetroit.com...

In the second video the husband of the lady taunting did make an apology, but only after being taunted themselves by pranksters and receiving death threats.

It also sounds like the community has rallied behind the girl, donating money and holding some benefit rally type event for her.

edit on 9-10-2010 by warpboost because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
what in my post was negative....
so i know not to do it again.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sp33d
what in my post was negative....
so i know not to do it again.

T&C mate... Sometimes its not so obviouse to the member... Take it on the chin and move on (my last post was done over too). The rules are a bit foggy but when you understand them they make sense and are here for a reason

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join