It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreign corporate money financing Republican candidates

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

Read my signature . . . if we all Americans collect money to buy our "for the people elected officials back from corporate lobbying", perhaps we would be doing a lot better, but we rather waste our money on things that we don't need and dream that our corporate elected officials works for us.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Fix the problem: No More corporate contributions, Outlaw any and all lobbying as it is today(pay for votes).
Start severly prosecuting any and all involved. Reublican,Democrat,whomever.........
Level the playing field so money and greed cannot be a factor........
Thats a start anyways......

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by VType

Is no going to work as long as the one making the laws in the nation are the same ones benefiting from dirty money.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Get ready for the landslide of denial from the right.

Although I have no more faith in the left, either. It was Clinton who signed NAFTA, and a ton of deregulation into law. Both parties are treasonous. Both parties are working against the country and her people.
edit on 18-2-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: fruedian slip

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by VType

There is a movement for a Constitutional amendment to help get corporate money out of the equation. You notice THAT never makes the news.

en.wikipedia.org...

The wikipedia article on corporate personhood gives an excellent overview as to how and why we got into this mess, and why little short of a Constitutional amendment will get us out of it.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Yes the amendment is been around but after the supreme court passed the that corporations can finance political campaigns as individuals, you imagine that is never going to make on the congress floor.

We just got the supreme court to make sure it never happen.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

It's going to be nearly impossible to overturn it.....which i obviously wish wasn't the case. We're screwed.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by VType

Is no going to work as long as the one making the laws in the nation are the same ones benefiting from dirty money.

Precisely! Even I have a hard time accepting money and not being influenced by that contribution. Thats why I kissmybossesass at every opportunity and I hate his guts for being such a [rhymes with stick].
edit on 18-2-2011 by whaaa because: sfg7

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Well, you are right, the ruling last spring did make it really sure that the politicians would never do the work. We the people are going to have to. I suggest we start knocking on doors and gathering signatures.

Use social media while we can to spread the word. Its going to be up to us to fix this. No one at the top has any incentive at all to do so.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Let's not forget the Chinese financing of Clinton in the 90's.

That was my first thought. And good old Clinton paid the Chinese back a thousand times over.

......Barack Obama has reshuffled his staff, bringing in a trio of free trade advocates who could spearhead the passage of the South Korea trade agreement.

To replace Larry Summers as head of the National Economic Council, Obama brought in Gene Sperling, who held the same position in the Clinton administration. With Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel back in Chicago running for mayor of the Windy City, the president brought in the former mayor's brother, William Daley, a former Clinton administration official and banker. And to top it off, General Electric CEO Jeffery Immelt was tapped to lead a newly created Council on Jobs and Competitiveness.

Before becoming the director of the NEC in the 1990s Sperling worked behind the scenes to secure the passage of the North American Free Trade Agreement.

"He supported fundamentals of the Clinton administration policies which were really wrongheaded," Dean Baker, co-director of the liberal Center for Economic and Policy Research, told The Washington Post.

By the time Sperling moved up to take over the NEC, he was working on China’s entry into the World Trade Organization, an event which caused millions of manufacturing jobs in U.S. to be permanently lost.

Sperling also played a major role in repealing the Glass-Steagall Act, which separated commercial and investment banking. Many observers credit the act’s repeal with causing the financial crisis that brought the economy to its knees.

Daley too was instrumental in the passage of NAFTA and China’s entry into the WTO. During the debate over NAFTA, he served as a special council to the president. His only responsibility during that time was ensuring that the trade deal passed.

After delivering the trade pact that cost America 20 percent of its manufacturing jobs in just 14 years, Daley moved on to serve as Clinton’s Commerce Secretary from 1997-2000. During that time, he helped pave the way for China’s entry into the WTO.

Daley’s work in the Clinton administration earned him a reputation as someone who is ''squarely on the opposite side of working families.''.... www.economyincrisis.org...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
come on now

do you honestly think then democrats have money foreign money going to them??

ever heard of george soros? the majority of what he invests in is foreign and he and others like him donate to the democrats.......

not to mention are they really at a disadvantage? they got the unions not to mention others

prime example of democrat funding was the one nation rally paid for by democrats.

it would have been nice to make a thread calling both sides out this aint just one side its both......

hell foreign money got obama elected..........meh

If someone says I'm a thief, I can't defend myself by pointing out that my neighbor's a rapist. Why? Because it's not what is being discussed. This 'yeah but look at the other side' approach is circular and counterproductive to our political debate, from my perspective at least. Both major parties have flaws too great for me to want to be affiliated with either one of them, but maybe if the parties' advocates focused their attention on cleaning up their own house, instead of simply slandering the other side, then they would have a stronger platform to run from.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Boreas

...Both major parties have flaws too great for me to want to be affiliated with either one of them, but maybe if the parties' advocates focused their attention on cleaning up their own house, instead of simply slandering the other side, then they would have a stronger platform to run from....

You are making the mistake of assuming either party gives a rat's behind about the American people instead of their own pockets and advancement. There IS NO DIFFERENCE between the two partes!

The last decent politician I can think of was Congressman McFadden:

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over.

"This evil institution has impoverished and ruined the people of these United States, has bankrupted itself, and has practically bankrupted our Government. It has done this through the defects of the law under which it operates, through the maladministration of that law by the Fed and through the corrupt practices of the moneyed vultures who control it....

"These twelve private credit monopolies were deceitfully and disloyally foisted upon this Country by the bankers who came here from Europe and repaid us our hospitality by undermining our American institutions. Those bankers took money out of this Country to finance Japan in a war against Russia. They created a reign of terror in Russia with our money in order to help that war along. They instigated the separate peace between Germany and Russia, and thus drove a wedge between the allies in World War. They financed Trotsky's passage from New York to Russia so that he might assist in the destruction of the Russian Empire. They fomented and instigated the Russian Revolution, and placed a large fund of American dollars at Trotsky's disposal in one of their branch banks in Sweden so that through him Russian homes might be thoroughly broken up and Russian children flung far and wide from their natural protectors. They have since begun breaking up of American homes and the dispersal of American children. "Mr. Chairman, there should be no partisanship in matters concerning banking and currency affairs in this Country, and I do not speak with any....

The men who rule the Democratic Party then promised the people that if they were returned to power there would be no central bank established here while they held the reigns of government. Thirteen months later that promise was broken, and the Wilson administration, under the tutelage of those sinister Wall Street figures who stood behind Colonel House, established here in our free Country the worm-eaten monarchical institution of the "King's Bank" to control us from the top downward, and from the cradle to the grave.

"The Federal Reserve Bank destroyed our old and characteristic way of doing business. It discriminated against our 1-name commercial paper, the finest in the world, and it set up the antiquated 2-name paper, which is the present curse of this Country and which wrecked every country which has ever given it scope; it fastened down upon the Country the very tyranny from which the framers of the Constitution sough to save us.

On May 23, 1933, Congressman, Louis T. McFadden, brought formal charges against the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve Bank system, The Comptroller of the Currency and the Secretary of United States Treasury for numerous criminal acts, including but not limited to, CONSPIRACY, FRAUD, UNLAWFUL CONVERSION, AND TREASON.
The petition for Articles of Impeachment was thereafter referred to the Judiciary Committee and has
YET TO BE ACTED ON.
home.hiwaay.net...

His Fate??? He lost his seat but kept on pushing the issue, so he was shot at twice and then poisoned. Since his death we have not had an honest politician who actually represented the people who voted for them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join