It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth is Alive most of us know this,,but have you tried talking to it???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Replying to one of my posts inspired this subject,,what is a living thing? something that drinks water,,moves eats,,has some kind of circulatory system,,our planet fits all those definitions ,,the core is its pumping heart,,it needs water and gas to maintain its ozone ,,or "skin" just cause we dont understand it when it speaks,,it doesnt mean it cant speak ,,,i am positive there are ways to communicate with our planet,,,not that it would want to talk to us,,we are after all polluting and suffocating it slowly,,,most people dont think about it,,we take our planet for granted,,we are of earth,,we are its children,,and if all of its off springs can speak then it must speak too.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Bravo to you for novel thinking... I KNOW too the earth is alive. We are so small... actually we are the parasites that exist on this living being the EARTH... I always wondered... Is our Gallaxy/Universe a parasite on another living being... ?

Say an ATOM on an ant on another EARTH somewhere in a LARGER Universe... Yes this planet can talk...
Could there be living Universes inside of all of us? Something to think about

I hear the water, earth and trees speak to me....

I never was ALIVE until I lived in the country and experienced MUD and earth every day... Seems people in the city do not hear as well as the country folks that deal with our LIVING MOTHER EARTH EVERYDAY Bravo and flaf for you!

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by stayjersey

Just curious, how does the planet replicate?

You don't really believe all that stuff do you.

No one believes that surely?

And no, before you do, don't give me a link to a dodgy new age site.

The Earth is not a living thing, it does have a dynamic system though.

Perhaps your just confused.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Yes I vibrate with Earth gia. and do feel its alive.
2nd

edit on 10/6/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
This is nothing new, people have believed this for millennia. It is religion, through forbidding paganism, that has kept this secret from the masses. I personally believe there is more going on than we are aware, way outside of our current understanding, and that the entire universe is alive.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by midicon

In this case there is no link that will validte the opinion from a scientific point of view. The definition of Life in the eyes of science does not allow for macroscopic organisms.

Yes, I am one of those that believes the Earth is a life form. I believe in the idea of Macroscopic life..such as a a colony of Ants. The colony itself is a living hive with semi-autonomous units inside it that are also considered alive... to a point.

For example, only some ants are ale to reproduce (How do ants reproduce?) yet a sterile workers are still considered alive. Our bodies are also macroscopic organisms. We are filled with cells and organisms of various types working together as community and coordinated through an EM field.

So in that aspect, it is not hard (for me) to see that the Earth is a living system and that it is in fact sentient, although not the same kind of sentience that we have (meaning so sense of "I")

As per the OP's question, no, I do not attempt to communicate with Gaia. That would be like one of my white blood cells trying to communicate with me.
edit on 10-6-2010 by rogerstigers because: extra thoughts

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

My curiosity with regards to the Earth's repruduction was, an attempt at humour.
A bit dry I admit.
I fail to see the relevance between ant's and the Earth.
But if your happy!

The Earth is what it is. We don't have to dress it up with new age nonsense.
Isn't the fact that it's a beautiful planet enough for you?
It's a bit sad really.

Regards Midicon.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by midicon

I apologize for missing the humor. My comment was not really meant as a rebuttal, though, so no worries.

As for new age nonsense.. *shrug* to each their own. The concept of the earth as a life form of its own is not new age, it is very old age... guess it is a matter of interpretation.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

The Earth is Alive most of us know this,,but have you tried talking to it???

Mother Earth? Why of course! She provides us with everything we have, food and clothing, water and plants, animals, birds and fish, all that humanity needs is here. She asks not for worship, other than to stop polluting Her lands, Her waters, and Her air, and she asks not for sacrifice. she is my Grandmother Mother, my Mother, my Sister, my Daughter, she is all things Feminine. I talk to Her daily, and stand upon Her and give thanks for everything, and She blesses me often and richly.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Well I thought a living organism had to fit MRSGREN

M-Movement
R-Respiration
S-Sensitivity
G-Growth
R-Reproduction
E-Excretion
N-Nutrition

If the earth fit's all of these characteristics then yes, it's alive.
I personally don't think the earth is alive, I think the earth possess's a lot of energy, you may be able to be one with the energy, the flow of things.
But I don't think you can 'communicate' with the earth.

If you can, Touche!

Cheers
Brady
edit on 6-10-2010 by GetRadNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

If the Earth is not a living thing, how can it die then?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Whether or not the earth is a living organism is to me, a moot point, Whether or not you can speak to it or any of it's organisms and communicate with it is a far more pertinent question. I believe you can actively communicate with everything in nature, even trees and rocks.
It's pretty much the oldest concept in the world, a garden of eden view if you will (remember, Adam named all the animals).
Shinto is a living example formalized into religion if you will.
Those unwilling to try talking to nature will never find out.
It's their loss.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Don't be silly, the Earth can't die.
Only living things die.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by midicon

Oh i suppose we can do what we want then. The Earth will exist forever.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Yes, talk to the creatures of the earth - plants (like Prince Chas), animals, birds and bees.

It would be nice to communicate with the others who live on this planet.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

"I apologize for missing the humor. My comment was not really meant as a rebuttal, though, so no worries.

As for new age nonsense.. *shrug* to each their own. The concept of the earth as a life form of its own is not new age, it is very old age... guess it is a matter of interpretation."

No need to apologise.
' New age ' is usually ' old age ' dressed up.
For me the term seemed fitting.
Even though it may be an old idea, it doesn't mean it's true.
But I do agree with you "to each their own".
I was only pointing out the obvious.
Wasn't there something on this site about denying ignorance!

Regards Midicon.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Chances are the Earth won't exist forever.
I didn't say we can do what we want, or imply that we should.
However, that being said, we can do what what we want,
It's just that there are consequenses from our actions.
This has nothing to do with the Earth being alive though.

Regards Midicon.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

I've spoken to Earth on several occasions...and I have to say, she is kind of annoying. Very self centered. She's always asking me if she looks fat and that she's tired of being so round. Earth is incredibly jealous of Venus for her smaller hemispheres. Just last week I got a text from Earth saying, "omg do u think ppl can c my ozone layer holes?!" Last night on the phone she told me some really disturbing things about wanting to shave her south pole....and then she went on this huuuuuuuuuge rant about how hot she is getting compared to how she used to feel. Honestly, I think she may be going through menopause.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Regards Midicon.

I never said that you could talk to the earth, that was the OP. But i believe that the Earth is alive. AnD i shoulda stated i was being sarcastic....my bad. So! we can do what we want, wheres the popcorn!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Regards Midicon.

It's not a chance, it's fact the sun will cease to exist as we know it (estimated at 5000 million years). The sun's energy is not infinite, at some point it will simply fade or turn into something completely different, whatever it may be we willl not be around to see it (unless humanity succeeds in spaceflight and colonization). At some point the earth will be nothing more than some frozen planet, if it hasn't been hit by objects and desintegrated, it might even crash into the sun or the solar system might lose it's gravitational cohesion sending the heavenly bodies into all kinds of unpredictable directions.

A 'fun' article about the sun losing energy:
www.exitmundi.nl...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join