It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can some one please create a ATS App

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
WIth all the Technology availiable can some one make an app for this site?! I know we have some very smart people on here and i know some have good tech skills. I am always on my phone looking at the website and I am sure alot of us do on our free time away from our computers... Any thoughts!?!

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The question is, what can an app do for ATS that we can't get from the web browser?

2nd line

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by yizzel

An app can add alot of functionality if designed the right way. For instance the ability to search, s&f, reply back, create a post, bookmark your favorite post, choose categories, and thats just a few that I could think of. The biggest benefit of all is having the site load alot quicker, posts would load so much faster on a phone with out having to load the whole site. I also read ATS from my phone, as a matter of fact I wrote this comment from my Android phone. The same goal can be accomplished through a mobile site. I think an ATS app and a mobile site to go along with it would be the way to go.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
well, all that you said can be already done by the browser, except follow up your posts ...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Yes, that's true. The same goes for any other site that has an app. You can accomplish the same functions on the Facebook app as you can on the main site. The key point of any phone app is speed.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by arcanetek

Point taken about the extra speed. Though from my experience it's not necessary as it typically takes only seconds to load up ATS on my iphone.

Don't get me wrong, I love apps on my iphone and maybe an ATS app could be useful, if only it could do something that can't be done on a web browser.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Ok, I was thinking is that it is about speed of an app but also the mobility I honestly check ATS on my phone more than my pc and right now I am replying from my phone. I think what is needed is simplicity but all the same tools as the website. I honestly think more people would use it than we think... thanks for replying and not letting the thread die! Any other ideas

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by howie82788

How about a text-2-speech mode. It could be handy at times when it's difficult to read text on the phone like when jogging, cycling or driving etc.

Flagged

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I was looking at creating a thread about this subject. I want ATS to create a mobile app for the iPod touch, iPhone, and android market. I was thinking of having the chat available on the ATS Mobil app. That and thread reply alerts, U2U message alerts, and ATS live accessibility when there is a broadcast on their radio show. Its good I looked this up before blindly creating a thread almost exactly like this one. I hope ATS goes through with this idea someday soon.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I do all of that on my Droid phone....just using a browser which is super fast and no different than viewing/using on my laptop. I personally see no need for an App.

edit on May 27th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
No, we need an app. Viewing this site in the browser is extremely cumbersome.

So much so that I never visit ATS on my mobile - and I love my smartphone!

I definitely support the idea for an ATS app.

edit on 5/27/2011 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I would like an ATS mobile app also!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Reply to post by greeneyedleo

An app would load faster and munch less battery.

I use the mobile site for those reasons, but lose a lot of functionality.

I am on a Droid 1

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

I agree. I try to load it on my device but the connection times me out eventually in a WiFi location with a low signal. face book doesn't do that because its an app now. ATS lags allot on my thing to.

top topics

join