It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delay in deployment of radar designed to look under Mars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
George Noory, host of Coast to Coast am, just mentioned that the ESA had delayed deploying a special radar that was onboard Mars Express.... a radar that was designed to look underground.

well, I wanted to check on this so I did an internet search and found this month old story from the ESA:
www.esa.int...

Now... this is interesting because this radar was supposed to be the BIG experiment for the Mars Express project.. simply because it was capable of detecting undeground water.

Now... how is this related to UFOs/ET? Well, for several months, many who believe that Mars was once inhabited have been looking forward to this data... as it was assumed that it could directly prove if there were buried ruins (or active settlements, to run the idea to its fullest) on Mars. Funny, then, that they'll have to wait....

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Interesting. Even what little space exploration we do now seems to be shelved for vague reasons that only help promote speculation like this.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Let's hope these Private sector Space groups can change that.They aren't limited by all the bureaucratic nonsense and red tape.Hopefully they'll get some real gifted people at work and surpass NASA,hehheh.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
more info on the same subject:

www.space.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
My thoughts on the Beagle 2 Lander Hijacking and the MARSIS Knobbling, as well as the Beagle 2 Report, Beagles 3 & 4 etc. etc.
As you can see, I�ve done A LOT OF WORK ON THIS!;

A Beagle �In The Pound� and a MARSIS �Wing-Clipped�;
www.physicsforums.com...

Nommos Prime (Dogon) �Getting Too Close?�;
www.physicsforums.com...

Beagle 2 Demise (Hijacking);
www.physicsforums.com...

Beagles 3 & 4;
www.physicsforums.com...

Questions anyone?

PS: I'm the "Nommos Prime (Dogon)" bloke...

[edit on 30-6-2004 by Ixataar]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
Interesting. Even what little space exploration we do now seems to be shelved for vague reasons that only help promote speculation like this.

I seriously doubt its some huge conspiracy.. you guys are pulling.

We already proved there was once water on Mars with the Rovers.. whats the point of blowing away another several million dollars to prove it existed under the surface? Think about that.. Deny Ignorance

Its kinda like looking in your backyard for dirt. Then digging a huge hole to see if theres dirt under the surface..

We've all seen the pics from Mars.. does it really look like theres some secret underground facilities there? Ruins? Come on guys..

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwsdakota
We've all seen the pics from Mars.. does it really look like theres some secret underground facilities there? Ruins? Come on guys..

I don't buy a lot of it, but this picture certainly has kept me intrigued.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
As you can see, I was (intimately) involved with this, all through 2003.

Beagle 2 Lander�s Destiny;
www.physicsforums.com...

Other Mars Express stuff (My (SPOT ON!) Prediction (regarding the Censorship of "Face" images);
www.physicsforums.com...

I also made the predictions of Groundwater and Methane on Mars (which I got RIGHT again!) on the Physics Forum.

[edit on 30-6-2004 by Ixataar]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11thdimension
Let's hope these Private sector Space groups can change that.They aren't limited by all the bureaucratic nonsense and red tape.Hopefully they'll get some real gifted people at work and surpass NASA,hehheh.

Tell ya what, if you all send me money, I can start a Private Sector group of my own, and get all the answers ahead of them!! Sounds childish, don't it? That's because it is childish to assume that the Private Sector will ever surpass the government. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm in FULL support of those people fortunate enough to have their own money and facilities, but I just don't see them getting anywhere any faster.

Oh, and heelstone, where'd u get that pic man? I like it. Kind of reminds me of the Tau pic I saw once.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Great...then maybe they can answer all those silly posts on hollow planets

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
Oh, and heelstone, where'd u get that pic man? I like it. Kind of reminds me of the Tau pic I saw once.

Lots of websites have the image, but I got it from below:

www.viewzone.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Posting on that other forum about how the Beagle was high jacked or what ever like something out of a old James bond film sure does sounds a lot more �sexier� then admitting they tried to send a probe on the cheap to mars and it just failed for what ever reason. It�s been a very courageous attempt that I admire and people should be in awe of the skill it took to do what they did. The mars express is sending back some great pictures like the one posted in this thread a detailed analysis of it would be interesting and hopefully some of the members here with that skill will undertake the task for us.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
rwsdakota,
think about it.

more than just underground water is at stake. This machine has the ability to look underground. It has the ability to see if something unexpected is under the surface ofMars. A radar that can accurately detect underground water can also detect things that aree NOT water... and are probably not natural.

This radar has the abilty to peel away the sands of time on mars... No, I'm not saying that radar images of pyramids or other obvious stuff like that would have appeared... but we would have seen if there were unusual, perhaps artificial, formations under the surface.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   
like we wouldve seen underground tunnels??? possible if any life lives underground couldve made them, dont forget we have not been all round Mars properly (and deff not by Humans just probes) so there is plenty of room for life on Mars still, till we get there in person an search properly.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Haha - Blobby eh?...I've seen that avatar elsewhere

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Let's hope these Private sector Space groups can change that.They aren't limited by all the bureaucratic nonsense and red tape.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you can bet your ass that as soon as the X Prize is claimed, there will be a virtual flood of new laws and regulations passed on private space travel, eventually putting it under the FAA and Homeland Security agencies....

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
.... just a thought...

rather than saying that the radar was broken or otherwise unworkable, the ESA said that they were delaying the experiment. This means that the actual date for these underground investigations will begin after the time of the US election.

Ok... I HAVE NO EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THIS IDEA... but I wonder, maybe, if everything in this area has been pushed back after the US presidential election for a reason... as in a scenario where the US will reveal what it knows about life on Mars if Bush wins reelection. But Mars Express is owned by ESA! Well... just run this through your heads... what if the ESA was told to hold off on the experiment because the powers that be KNOW that some underground stuff was going to be detected?

Yes, that's a lot of 'what ifs'. However, if the Mars Express had conducted this survey and something WAS found... such a discovery would obviously not fit into any timetable those who have inside knowledge of the alien situation have planned. As has been recentky discussed on another thread, ther alien sistaution will only be revealed when there is political stability and all the 'pieces' are in place to control the population if some idiots stir it to violence when the news breaks out.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   
OK... now it's August and some new weird stuff may be coming out of the ESA...

Well... Richard Hoagland is now arguing that the ESA may have discovered ammonia in the atmosphere of Mars... but that this information is now being buried:
www.enterprisemission.com...

His new conspiracy revolves around the fact that ESA publications claim one thing while press junkets claim another thing.

Now... I don't have much faith in Hoagland. I think he may be a disinformation agent. However... I'm willing to hear him out.

Right now you may be asking what this has to do with the radar-themed lead of this thread. Well... I didn't want to have two threads going that were about ESA Mars Express 'coverups'. I'm still waiting to see how they'll deal with the radar issue (my bet: everyone is waiting to see how the american domestic situation plays out during the next few months).

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
UPDATE:

Now they're saying that the equipment that is designed to look underground won't be deployed until Mar05:

www.newscientist.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
UPDATE:

Yet another date for the deployment of the subsurface radar. On the bright side, it looks like we're finally getting close to seeing this thing work.

The reason I keep updating this thread is because I honestly think that these delays have been intentional. If underground water/structures had been found during the election or height of the Iraq war the overall stress level of the american public could have boiled over into economic problems:
www.newscientist.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join