It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misogyny: Ruining the Female Male Relationship(esp. in the digital age)

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mayertuck

LOL.

That song just sounds like it's a weak, petty and jealous woman lamenting the fact that she is incapable of keeping her man happy.

I don't find it sexist, I find it quite endearing.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

That's a nice off topic post that has absolutely nothing to do with anything other than to attack me instead of what i'm saying. If you have to do that then well, you're obviously losing the argument (and you know it).

The user i replied to put forward the idea that those against feminism or who were commenting on feminism should be quiet and deal with it. I merely put forward that many people here are not against feminism, they are against feminism being used as an excuse to create unjust laws that favour women. These people, including myself have pointed out laws that do just that.

But hey you keep going, you have my pity.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

All I can do now is feel pity for you.

I hope you can find a way out of the demented bubble in which you currently reside.

Your soul might just be beyond redemption.

Ah.... wallowing now in your great and magnanimous pity.

It itches.

There is a thread going on now titled Feminism - which you seem to feel is the end of the free world... and then there is this one you have chosen as a haunt, titled Misogyny.

The feminists seem to have lost interest and gone home.

This is where the misogynists come to post.

You plan to fight this ill gotten concept of misogyny by repeated and relentless attacks on women?

What's up with that?

There is a point where unadulterated envy and sheer jealousy is mistaken for misogyny.

I think this is what we are dealing with now.

Don't you?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

You are no longer adding anything to this debate, you're just trolling, although wasn't it you who spoke of an ATS condition known as last word -itis? I think you have a terrible case!

Look there are some perfectly understandable concerns surrounding certain, very specific issues to do with women gaining preferential treatment over men. That isn't feminism and it's not what the original feminists wanted, they wished for equal treatment, laws now stand that guarentee equal treatment and the law then went further. Now we have laws like the automatic arrest law where if a women accuses her husband of abuse he is arrested, if he accuses her however then she isn't automatically arrested.

Now that's a direct example of where things are no longer equal. And lets be clear, i don't agree with your 8% figure regarding men and abuse, however lets for a moment do a hypothetical and take that statistic as fact. So only 8% of men are victims of domestic violence, well the laws surrounding domestic violence and automatic arrest are still unequal in this situation as the abused man can't get his wife automatically arrested. If however she turns around and accuses her victim then he'll be straight into prison. It seems that whenever someone points out a direct example like this you gloss over it and call us misogynists. You do this because the glaring inequality is something you can't deal with, or that you simply don't care about.

Sorry but every post you make seems to prove you are losing the argument. Do you know why feminists as you call them stopped posting? Because they were wrong and it was proven they were wrong. Oh and odd thing rusethorcain, i'm technically a feminist because i support equal rights.

Therefore the feminists didn't stop posting.

You gotta love it

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
The feminists seem to have lost interest and gone home.

So in the context of your above statement, that would suggest that you are:

1. Not a feminist.

2. A misogynist.

The reason the feminazis have stopped posting is because their viewpoint and ideology is untenable and illogical.

They have suffered serious ''pwnage'', because the counter-argument to their warped ideology is based on reason, logic, equality and fairness.

The girl who started this thread even displayed earlier on that she doesn't understand the definition of the word ''hate''.

If that's the kind of level of discussion that the feminazis bring to the table, then it is no surprise they floundered so early on in this thread.

edit on 20-10-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

I fail to see any misogyny in this thread... but if you want to keep labeling people -- like Sarah Palin ... I guess ignorance is bliss to some people ...

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayertuck

Originally posted by mayertuck
reply to post by tiger5

Later I will find the stats for you. latest study has both genders about even in commiting dv.

Since I am being lazy today, here is a link with over 250 studies on the issue.

www.csulb.edu...

Also in case you are intersted here is a link to a group that tracks domestic violence reporting media, the "gender groups" reporting etc. From what I can tell they are non-biased on the issue. Their website is www.mediaradr.org.

Here is one of their articles dealing with the "myths" of domestic violence:

www.mediaradar.org...

Sorry Mods. I feel the need to reproduce this clever presentation of the research into Domestic Violence in toto simply because it unfortunately blows some of the arguments I was making out of the water.

Mayertuck you achieved something that no one else on ATS has ever done!

Ya got me! I concede. I told you I was strong.

But next time I am going to get ya (lol)
edit on 20-10-2010 by tiger5 because: misspelled word

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

i posted it to highlight the hypocracy of the current dv paradigm. If a man did all those things he would be arrested, or critizied for committing dv, yet when a woman does it it becomes a national hit.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

Thanks tiger that means alot. I am glad that you are reading what I have to post, My goal of reaching just one person with this has been fulfilled. Now to try and reach another. Hopefully soon we can get the true issues of this problem acknowledged and solved for everyone.

As for getting me next time,if its on a different subject I am sure you will. Im not as spu up or "invested" in the rest of the topics on here than I am with the threads I have posted in the most here. I like reading them but usually dont partipate because I dont really feel I have much to contribute.
edit on 20-10-2010 by mayertuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I am a feminist, and I am still posting, and I have not lost any argument. Just because people may have a differing opinion does not negate mine.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
I am a feminist, and I am still posting, and I have not lost any argument. Just because people may have a differing opinion does not negate mine.

It's doesn't negate your opinion, however your facts have been called into question because they are utterly flawed.

Lets be clear on the thread title.

Misogyny obviously ruins the male/female relationship, all some people are saying is that misandry also does the exact same thing and they have pointed out very specific areas where laws utterly favour women, which is against the idea of equality.

But nice to see you back tater, very entertinaing

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Why thank you, if there is one thing that I enjoy doing it is entertaining people so I take it as a great compliment!

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

yea even though i have been harsh in my criticisms of you, I do appreciate your point of view. No matter how much I may disagree with it.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

Why thank you, if there is one thing that I enjoy doing it is entertaining people so I take it as a great compliment!

Then you have suceeded. I'm hoping your time away has allowed you to maybe see where some disgruntled individuals are having issues. This isn't about hating women, it's about questioning areas that favour women over men, which is inequality. That's the essence of all these troubles, the fact that some equality laws are actually unequal.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Just shows you how little some in this country strive not for freedom per-say. But dominance.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Interesting. Watch this video and then look at the headline for this video.

www.cnn.com...#/video/showbiz/2010/10/20/sbt.teen.mom.investigation.hln?hpt=T2

We can discuss afterwards.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

That's horrible.

The woman is hitting him and she's "under investigation", just imagine if the roles were reveresed, he would be straight to prison. We're told that when this happens a man should either just take it (like he does) or walk away, a woman being hit is told to call the police and given all the sympathy in the world. This inequality needs to stop and men should be able to speak out.

Thing is if they have been together for a while then she's obviously been doing it all that time and only when cameras are around and she slips up is anyone made aware. This is why the figures that say only 8% of men are victims of abuse are utterly flawed, men just don't tell anyone. And his wound, being a man will be less than a womans because men generally don't bruise as easily, but it will still have hurt him. Imagine if he turned round and struck her with the same kind of punch, he's a big guy and she would have the most spectacular bruises. This is another reason why men don't report things, less physical evidence.

So we now have this woman, crying on a talk show and making excuses, a man would be in prison. One of the people on the video made an interesting observation that few people do. She said that this abusive woman will take it out on the child, that is one of the reasons i think men don't leave. If a woman is abused she can grab her kids and run to a shelter, she'll no doubt get custody so she knows they're safe. If a man leaves he can't take the kids because the mother just has to call the police and claim he's kidnapped them. In the end she'll win, have the kids and minus her usual punching bag they'll get hit.

Abusive people will always find a victim.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Exactly, and the reason I stayed in my situation for so long. The thing that really got me about it was the headline, saying that the couple was under investigation, when he was the victim, and he shouldn't be under investigation.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

LOL.

Must have been ''that time of the month'' !

Seriously, though, it is absurd to suggest that the ''couple are under investigation'', when she punched him in the head ( and it banged against the wall ), and all he did was raise his forearm to protect himself from getting hit again.

A man hitting a woman is quite obviously wrong, because it's cowardly and picking on someone that is usually a lot weaker, physically.

However, many women seem to be under the misapprehension that that makes the opposite acceptable !

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join