It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Texts Show A Nation's Anger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Most of us can recall what we were doing on 9/11, how we heard the news and the emotions we felt. However, less is known about the immediate emotional reactions to the attacks as a collective American people. In a recent study published in Psychological Science, researchers analyzed text messages sent on September 11, 2001 for emotional words. They found spiking anxiety and steadily increasing anger through that fateful day.

Source

While this isn't conspiracy related I thought people in this forum might be interested in seeing the reactions people had on 9/11. While the results aren't that surprising, I do find it strange that there really wasn't much sadness on 9/11. It's interesting how emotional reactions on that day may have been the cause for everything that has happened since, even if people's emotions have changed as time has gone by.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
While the results aren't that surprising, I do find it strange that there really wasn't much sadness on 9/11.

I don't know how anyone in their right mind could even form those words in their head, let alone actually type them and then press the button to post.

The family members? You don't think they were sad? Heck, that very day, many family members knew they would not be seeing their loved ones again. Passengers on planes, people at the Pentagon, and in the twin towers, the whole lot of firefighters that were killed, etc.

I think you seriously need to reassess that statement.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I don't know how anyone in their right mind could even form those words in their head, let alone actually type them and then press the button to post.

The OP only paraphrased what researchers who have analysed the text messages found. In fact, he added: “I do find it strange that there really wasn't much sadness on 9/11.”

And I have to agree with him. Something what bothered and puzzled me on 9/11 was the lack of compassion and sadness displayed by politicians. The message I heard, was a call for revenge and the desire to form an alliance against terror. A consesus, which expressed the desire to bring war to “those countries, which harbour terrorists”. But this came mostly from pundits and politicians. I always thought, that the common people reacted differently. I have emotional pictures in my mind. - But perhaps this is a misperformance of my memory. I find it very intriguing. I think I need to watch some 9/11-videos which show people from the street.

Here is Ehud Barak as an example for a politician who completely lacks compassion. The exploitation of the situation seems to be his singular motivation.

Should someone stumble over a free pdf. file of the full psychological study, I would appreciate a link.

edit on 9-9-2010 by Drunkenshrew because: deleted some conspiracy-minded speculation

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Here is a link to a graph of the study. The graph is very telling.
www.uni-mainz.de...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

Ok, point noted, and I have considered what you said, as well as read the article and looked at the graph.

My conclusion: People who have just been informed that their loved one has died are in no position to be sending text messages. They are hurting bad, grief stricken, crying, and don't know what to do next.

Let's repeat this little experiment with just the victim's family members, and we'll see where the sadness meter falls. Try 100%.

top topics

join