It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did NIST Edit WTC 7 Footage To Hide Evidence Of Implosion?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Yup. I hear the boom right before the collapse of the penthouse. You can too if you turn the audio up a bit.

Unless someone has a good bass or subwoofer system they won't be able to hear the full range of these sounds.

People need to understand how sound and recordings work. You don't just stick any p.o.s. digital microphone to something and record everything about that sound. First of all it won't even register the fundamental pitches of any frequencies that have wavelengths longer than the device itself.

What does all of that gobbledy-gook mean? It means if there's a sound wave with a massive wavelength (very low-frequency "booom"), you're not going to pick it up without a special recording device with a physically larger receiver. Just like you couldn't catch a massive fish in a tiny net, you can't capture a sound with a massive wavelength with a tiny receiving device. You can still pick up the upper harmonics of that sound, as every sound is actually made up of many different pitches that occur in certain patterns called "harmonics" (something for the so-called "debunkers" to study). But the upper harmonics alone don't give an accurate "picture" of what something actually sounded like in person. You can't get that punched-in-the-chest feeling, or the earthquake-like rumbling in the ground, or anything like that.

Also your sound equipment that plays it back won't be able to reproduce a low-frequency "boom" unless your speakers are physically big enough to reproduce that wavelength. Ie a subwoofer. Something else to look up. Otherwise you only get the upper harmonics again and you get a lot of treble but no root pitch.

So what does all this mean?

You can hear explosions in the videos, but not like they would have actually sounded if you were there.

All you are really hearing is the frequencies that are small enough to be reproduced by your computer speakers. Smaller speakers = less harmonic range available for you to hear the "booom" 's, which are very low-frequency in nature.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by VirginiaRisesYetAgain]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

I've got to say, first of all that I've been a long time reader of ATS, but never a member, but your reply actually PROMPTED me to join. I am a conspiracy theorist in almost every sense of the word, and when it comes to the WTC I am almost certain that it was an inside job, and although I feel that you are on the wrong side of the fence with all the mounting evidence (such as...I don't know, hard science) I have to commend you for this post. It was well put, and it actually temporarily replaced my feet on the ground.

Just thought you should get credit where it is due. But it was just enough to convince me that the man's account was simply not successfully articulated.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
My only question is if there is nothing to hide then why would NIST fight the FOIA request?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
You can't really trust infowars... Alex has his own agenda as well.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The real question everyone should be asking is why the undamaged portions of WTC 7 didn't create any resistance, and slow down the fall of WTC 7.

All four corners of WTC 7 fell at the same time, equally, all the way down! Not all 4 corners were damaged!

The corners alone should have offered some resistance, but the speed that all four corners fell tells us there was ZERO RESISTANCE all around.

It is VERY suspicious.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Ok i believe everyone that was involved with this is real but the real organisers of it I believe is the American government how do you control people that are slowly trying to take the government on simple you create something that scares everyone to fall into line. I don't know why this is so hard to believe there is also no way those towers would have fallen the way they did without some demolitions involed the plane hit one side of the tower if the heat heated the girders it would have only happened on the girders that already had heat in them would have been affected heat doesn't jump from one piece of steel to another unless it's connected but even then the heat dies down as it goes further from the source.

So if the heat is only melting one side of the building how would it fall, it would fall to one side not straight down there is no way that would happen. Also the fact that a documentry came out so quickly explaining way it happened doesn't sit right with me.

See steel has a grain in it and the when these molecules heat up the go the same way as the grain so if there is a second part welded to this girder the molecules are harder to excite to create heat so more heat is required. I challenge anyone to weld a few pieces of girder together the same they are done on the Trade centre and see if it heats up can garrantee it won't not to the extent the place being heated does.

Now someone said no one saw any demolition crews in the area well if they are planning on decieving the public it would be pretty stupid to have them walk around with demo crew on their shirts wouldn't it these people could have been anyone any type of maintenance personell. These could have been layed over the course of a month or so.

It would be very interesting to see if there is any paperwork for maintenance crews that worked on the towers in the time leading up to this wonder if it went when the towers went down. Remember there is always a paper trail they need to show how many people were there and were working for them incase people question why so many are there or for so long.

For all that are asking how i know about steel I'm a boilermaker welder and deal with stuff a fair bit and know how it acts to heat even though heat maybe different level steel always acts the same way. Thats my 2 cents worth for you all.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
What i mean by real is they really hurt the American people whats a terrorist attack without any real victims or families of those victims if noone comes forward for their family that would look pretty suss wouldn't it.

Also forgot to explain a little more about grains in steel this does make a huge difference cause Snap on do this with their breaker bars they roll a sheet into a bar then cut in half and turn it so the ends become the centre this stops the breaker bar from bending and all relates to changing the grain structure so the heat that bends it cant flow the full length of the bar.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by VirginiaRisesYetAgain
People need to understand how sound and recordings work.

It is helpful, yes. In fact, in the 30+ years I have worked in and with audio, one of the things I really hate to have to do is correct know-it-all wannabes who inadvertently bark up the wrong tree. And it's really not the wannabes I mind, it's just the arrogant ones that take threads on off-topic tangents to school people when they really should be attending school instead.

And now, for the relevance of that comment:

First of all it won't even register the fundamental pitches of any frequencies that have wavelengths longer than the device itself.

That is 100% categorically WRONG. To prove the point, I will use the ever common middle C on a piano, which vibrates at a fundamental frequency of 262 Hz (A=440 Hz), and has a wavelength of about 4.3 feet.

According to you, a capturing device (microphone) would have to be 4.3 feet long in order to capture a middle C fundamental pitch? Umm, No. The cheapest Chinese mic embedded in the cheapest camcorder will easily capture that fundamental frequency. No problem.

The mic that was on board the camera which captured that video was likely highly capable of capturing at least down to 100 Hz, if not all the way down to 20 Hz, of that explosion. The video doesn't look pro enough to me to have had a separate audio iso recording being done (i.e., it doesn't look like a broadcast setup), and if it did, then the pro mic and separate deck will have for sure captured everything down to 20 Hz unless high pass filters were used on the capture or in post/edit.

But something about that audio track in itself doesn't feel right to me on the video I posted above. Not enough and not the right ambient sounds going on. Sounds manipulated to me.

And that is the premise of the article- that the video, and I am saying potentially audio, were edited by NIST to intentionally conceal. Remember also the strange audio issue of the Fairbanks footage getting copied and handed back to him with no audio.

Also the fact that the 911 cOmission would not investigate all the reports of explosions from the firefighters, police, and others.

There is a conspiracy against 9/11 audio going on. Multiple fronts. Things they don't want heard.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Science is science - Physics is physics... Have humans dicovered the ability to change laws of physics ? Im posing questions not posturing beliefs...

physics911.net...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by blankduck18

Alex Jones is one crazy SOB. I, however, do not subscribe to his crazy and zany ideas about some things, particularly 9/11 as he offers up no "Smoking Gun" to convict the US Government for pulling it off. There is NO PROOF that ties the US Government to any such plan of attack on that day.

I will suggest that if ANYONE has PROOF that can substantiate that the US Government did play a role or cause 9/11 to occur that very day, then present it here or on Wiki-Leaks so that the TRUTH can set everyone free. Otherwise, STFU about 9/11 being a government conspiracy.

Besides, 9/11 is my Birthday. I want Osama Bin Laden dead or alive so I can again celebrate it with dignity and honor.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I am a sceptic on many topics I see on this board, and many people I know, and probably most people in my country are similar.
But one thing is for sure about 9/11. The way those buildings came down was suspect, and I have yet to meet one person who thinks otherwise. You can argue about who and why it happened or was done, but the fact remains, the way those buildings came down is not consistent with what most people would expect from planes hitting them or side damage from other fallen buildings. It just doesn't fit.
I agree with those on here who think the same. Just doesn't seem right, and I am one to trust my gut feeling.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by VirginiaRisesYetAgain

Sadly 10 years later still no investigation. Why the hell do we even vote to let these bastards in? I almost shed a tear watching that video. I agree with Lucus who did the The Ultimate COn video and say this event was nothing more than a big distraction from something else. It saddens me that congress wouldn't pass a bill to help aid the 9/11 first responders, but they love handing out ponzi schemes.....err bailouts.

A little bit off topic:

Funny how the Bushes could afford all that land they purchased in Paraguay. That though leads to another story.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Evisscerator

Building 7 not proof enough? All important government offices were located in that building. i bet even the money trail of that lost 2.3 trillion the day before 9/11 was in that building. Good ol' rumsfeld main office was in that building.

I keep asking why the hell do we keep voting these bastards in office? But people are nothing more than sheople.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
We all know that it was your own govt that brought the towers down and so do you guys, but ul do nothing about it but talk and act hard on here

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evisscerator
reply to post by blankduck18

if ANYONE has PROOF that can substantiate that the US Government did play a role or cause 9/11 to occur that very day, then present it here or on Wiki-Leaks so that the TRUTH can set everyone free. Otherwise, STFU about 9/11 being a government conspiracy.

They knew they were inside USA more than a year before the atttacks. but closed down the surveliance of Al Quada
CNN

en.wikipedia.org...

The president recieved 40 warnings face to face from the director of CIA, according to none other than Condellisa Rice!

ABC news 2004
"Condellisa Rice said that the president received 40 warnings face to face from the director of central intelligence that a major al Qaeda attack was going to take place and she admitted that the president did not have a meeting on the subject, did not convene the Cabinet."
abcnews.go.com...

Fox News April 11, 2004:
"The complete text of the PDB was released the day before Bushs comments and in fact the PDB does very clearly discuss an imminent attack on the US. For instance, it says that FBI information indicates patterns of suspicious activity in this country consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of attacks"
www.foxnews.com...

More warnings
www.nytimes.com...

The history of Al Quada is based on torture, torture does not produce information that is relieable, and is illegal, and is not valid in a court
Newsweek 2009
"The commission appears to have ignored obvious clues throughout 2003 and 2004 that its account of the 9/11 plot and Al Qaeda's history relied heavily on information obtained from detainees who had been subjected to torture, or something not far from it."
www.newsweek.com...

BBC dokumentary
where is Al Quada?
en.wikipedia.org...

FBI whistleblower Sibel Edmonds:
"These people had intimite relation to us untill the day of the attacks!"

April 2010
George W. Bush 'knew Guantánamo prisoners were innocent
the 911 mastermind is still sitting there, without facing a judge or anything
www.timesonline.co.uk...

Bush and Cheney did NOT want 911 to be investigated
edition.cnn.com...
Cheney: "a invesigation would take resources from preventing the next attack"

Bush and cheney refused to testify under oath!!!

When Bush finally relented amid presure from the 911 widows to start a investigation 442 days after the attacks, he appointed Phillip Zelikow to lead it, who was very much a Bush insider..
www.smh.com.au...

want more proof?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonhplayer
We all know that it was your own govt that brought the towers down and so do you guys, but ul do nothing about it but talk and act hard on here

That's a good point. Most people I know who think 9/11 was an inside job constantly air their grievances and disgust, but they never actually do anything constructive about it. They leave the leg work to other people.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by type0civ

I think the arguement that people would have seen people planting and running wires for detonation is flawed.
1st, you could use remote detonation.
2nd, had you ever been there? mad people hustlin and bustlin, who would really be looking around for suspicious bomb planting personnel? There are so many entrances and garages, who would even question of they did see something? Probably lookec like a construction guy, who was probably seen all the time at the site.

idk what happened, I only know that arguement is flawed.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by type0civ

Why would the penthouse be taken down first?

The Penthouse wasn't, but the support columns below that area were. If the support under the Penthouse detonated first wouldn't the Penthouse free fall and collapse?

And as for reports of construction, there were several people interviewed just after the demolition/attacks on the three buildings and many reported strange - caution/taped off construction going on a couple months prior to the events of that day. Including bomb sniffing dogs being pulled off of their duty in the building about the same time.

Two week heightened security and bomb-sniffing dogs for the WTC was lifted days before the attacks (Newsday 9/12/'01)

Turner Construction, who supervised the 2000 demolition of the Seattle Kingdome, participated in the post-9/11 Ground Zero clean-up and performed extensive renovations within the World Trade Center towers just prior to 9/11, was in fact performing unspecified renovation work throughout the WTC complex until the very morning of September 11, 2001. The Port Authority of NY/NJ now claims that records describing such work or other projects were destroyed on September 11, 2001. A December 2000 WTC property assessment described required renovation work to be completed within one year, upon steel columns within elevator shafts of both WTC towers that was immediately pending or already underway.

Turner and whoever else was involved helped create a sleeping giant, to awaken on 9/11! They worked it, installed it, wired it and most likely covered it with insulation until the "BIG" day arrived.

You can follow the Turner connections - they lead to some pretty big players.

If you would like to see the elevator shaft construction paperwork and official signatures take a look at this page and scroll down.
Construction Authorization Papers

With authorization like that, you don't need much more! I mean really you have fire department personnel talking about secondary explosions after the plane impact.

Two jets, a few months of detonator construction and a bunch of corporate-political figures in and controlling WTC, (From Silverstein, Rockefeller to Bush) is all you needed to make this happen. Plenty of cash to buy off air traffic control, construction, buildings and the media Turner - Murdock. Get real, it was easier than you think after proper compartmentalization started.

All you really need to do is watch this - and "WOW" it all makes sense. It's a serious interview, and it is sick that this still isn't taken for what it is - an awakening slap in the face!
A well known film director asked to join the New World Order and he refused! HE WAS TOLD 9/11 WAS GOING TO HAPPEN AND HE TOLD US! He was just like you and me, made some money doing good movies and was liked by Nick Rockefeller. Look what Aaron Russo has to say, he died from cancer and had nothing to hide!

Russo told by Nich Rockefeller 9/11 would happen

This has been going on for 9 years, if you can't give 10 minutes to watch the Aaron Russo interview, then you don't really want to know the truth!

10 minutes of video, for truth of an event that took away 200+ years of fought for Constitutional freedoms and gave new police powers over Americans, not Muslims! Americans, WAKE UP!

American minds have become weak and ignorant - to entertained to care I guess!

What do people really need exactly to understand this event? I will follow this up with just a few of the "REASONS"!

[edit on 3-9-2010 by arizonascott]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

Hey my friend,

I just wanted to say that your post touched me....not only because I feel exactly the same way, but also because I deeply sympathize for your loss. I loss several members of my squad in the battle zone directly due to the events that transpired on 9/11.

It's been a tough pill to swallow, but at the same time a tremendous growth experience for myself. I trans-mutated from a muslim hating, kool-aid drinking ignorant buffoon to a now searcher of truth and justice.

I don't mean to be cliche, but I only hope that you and I can hopefully one day find some sort of inner peace and solace in that those really responsible will eventually be brought to justice.

And lastly, I too have begun to much resent the sheep and shills that blatantly continue to support the status quo. To me, they have begun to become more dangerous than the actual TPTB.

Sorry for the off-post rant.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
One of the first things that came out of Dubya's mouth was "Boy, that's a lousy pilot." Amongst pilots, this would be an inside joke...

Wouldn't someone in his position be concerned about the individuals located at the area being impacted; not in a joking mood?

His little inside joke is further indication of an inside job. Flesh was burning, not just jet fuel, and he comments on a pilots inability to fly?

Those of us who are incapable of thinking for ourselves usually tend to follow someone in an authoritative position; thereby allowing self to be led to the slaughter...Blind faith.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join