It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worm Monster of Iceland: Lagarfljóts Worm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I was watching Destination Truth on the SciFi channel and was intrigued by the story of the Worm Monster of Iceland known as the Lagarfljóts Worm. I had never heard of this legend before and became fascinated, as while there are legends of the Mongolian death worm- I had never heard of a lake worm before. And this worm, reportedly has razor sharp teeth and has the body of a worm, which differs from the legends of Nessie and other lake monster creatures.

Sightings go back as far as 1345 to as recent as this past year. The Destination Truth crew had an experience seeing a 30ft something on the lake, and not all the while concrete proof, it is very interesting. Since I had never heard of the worm monster before, I thought I would share with ATS

The first sighting of the monster, or The Worm as the locals know it, was reported in 1345. There are numerous sightings recorded since, many of them in the 20th century. In 1998, a group of students and a teacher in Hallormsstaðir School, located along the river, witnessed a similar mysterious stationery long snake-like streak in the river. The sighting lasted for over ten minutes. Some stories claim The Worm is capable of blowing poisonous fumes and wrecking death and havoc at a whim.

Begins at 8:36

www.grapevine.is...
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 2-9-2010 by xynephadyn]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Wow... very interesting indeed

These "legends" never cease to amaze me. Seeing one of these monster's would be the highlight of my life.

I spent a lot of time in the Okanogan growing up but I was not at the Okanogan lake unfortunately, so I never spotted the Ogopogo.

Also Vancouver Island was like a second home to me due to my Grandparent's moving there, but again I never got a chance to even look for Caddie. But Caddie isn't as advertised around the Island so I didn't know about it until more recently.

Everything from the Thunderbird to this worm makes you wonder what is still hiding in our few untouched places. And how are these amazing creatures avoiding our capture, even as skeleton's, for decades?

GummB

ps.. i seen this thread while i was working and couldn't respond, I had to look it up in hopes of getting you a couple more s&f's

[edit on 2-9-2010 by GummB]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
guess its possible , ive heard that repiles dont stop growing so who knows what can be done under optimal circumstances.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Ok, so a big worm that looks like a huge gnarly with all those teeth?
Wow... I know where I will NOT be swimming, going, visiting.
On the other hand I'd love to see it!

GREAT FIND! Cant' wait to hear more about this!

peace

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
the first thing that comes to my mind is the sand worms from the novel/movie "Dune" one must learn the ways of the worm to ride it.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by GummB

Thanks! Yea I can only imagine "what if" it exists. I believe that Nessie, and Bigfoot exist, and that their existence has been "withheld" from mainstream media disclosure for the same reason TPTB wont allow alien disclosure- it puts too many holes in their agenda.

Be that as it may- Its interesting to imagine where this worm comes from. Did its species come from melted glaciers? Some ancient Jurassic period species that froze during an ice age and somehow mutated and was brought back to life? The thought of it gives me nightmares

top topics

join