It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me win this Facebook 911 Conspiracy debate.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Direct link to image of convo: i56.tinypic.com...

Ok so basically one of my friends posted some dumb "flying the american flag" widget on facebook supporting being against the building of the mosque near ground zero.

I simply commented below that post saying 1. There's already one right down the street and 2. The towers came down by our government, Muslims had nothing to do with it.

So of course I just posted that to get a rise out of her but now her *new* soldier boyfriend is chiming in and is apparently serious. Either way take a look at the pic and see for yourself. Anyway, feel free to give me some more info that I can post to win this!

[edit on 31-8-2010 by porschedrifter]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Hey Nick. Bad idea Nick. Giving your name and all out to everyone who cares to look. Hope all is well Nick. Tell Amanda to get over herself and bone up on her rights and the rights of others.

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Why do you need our help?
Surely you can defend the points you believe in so valiantly?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
Why do you need our help?
Surely you can defend the points you believe in so valiantly?

THIS!!! After all, it's obvious you conspiracy theorists have no reservations about making sh*t up off the top of your head as you go along (I.E. "no interceptors were scrambled", "no wreckage was found at the Pentagon", etc) so why stop now?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Just do what every 911 conspirator does: just keep throwing more and more crap at him until he gives up or you come full circle and start repeating the rebutted, outrageous claims you previously made. Remember, the burden of proof is on him, and you've no need to be honest. You're on a sacred mission and he is a government operative !!!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
sigh.... I figured there would be better responses in this thread but alas...not so lucky...

I'd start with:

1) Ask them how WTC 7 (the third building) came down without ever getting hit.... Or do they believe the Muslims just "prayed" it to the ground?? *smirk*

2) How come the steel bars in the Pentagon were blown OUT instead of being "curled" in as one would expect from the high-velocity impact from a plane...

just my 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElijahWan
sigh.... I figured there would be better responses in this thread but alas...not so lucky...

I'd start with:

1) Ask them how WTC 7 (the third building) came down without ever getting hit.... Or do they believe the Muslims just "prayed" it to the ground?? *smirk*

2) How come the steel bars in the Pentagon were blown OUT instead of being "curled" in as one would expect from the high-velocity impact from a plane...

just my 2 cents.

3) In response to 2, be prepared to trot out the ol' the-planes-that-hit-the-WTC-were-holograms pony. Rinse, lather, repeat. And enjoy!

[edit on 31-8-2010 by RKWWWW]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RKWWWW

Seriously? What's the point in posting in this thread if you're just going to lump the whole "9/11 truth" movement into one category? Where exactly did I state that any of the planes were Holograms?

This is a common tactic with non-believers, or people who can't question ANY situation AT ALL... They realize that your logic is sound so they try to "lump" you in with the fringe....

It would be like if you posted in a thread and I went "Oh you frequent Abovetopsecret.com? What an idiot...you believe in Aliens/Boogeymen/ect"....

If you have nothing NICE to add to the thread...just leave.... there's no reason to "rag" on people because of some of the viewpoints....or haven't you learned that yet?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by porschedrifter

Nick, here's a future tip.

The argument you started was about there already being a mosque near ground zero.

Keep it at that. You WILL NOT win against people that just don't know. And a soldier? You lose.

Also...its freaking facebook...the debates there are miles BELOW anything we would want to consider talking about.

Leave it alone. If it makes her feel more patriotic let it. She can be opposed to the mosque. She didn't ask for a debate, you went to her page and egged her on. That is bad form.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
1. Ask him to explain away Bush's Jordan speech.

2. Ask him to explain the incredible flying skills of the terrorist that flew the plane into the Pentagon.

3. Since he's a soldier, ask him why the HQ of the US military is watched over by only 1 camera...in a parking lot...at a lousy 3 fps.

4. Ask him why clocks at the Pentagon stopped at 9:32 when the building wasn't hit until 9:37.

And so on and so on...

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

I get it, "Dave." Just be one of the first people to reply to a thread, and just ridicule the truthers with something short and then be off again, right? Is that how it works?

You've done it on a good handful of threads now and it's no more logical to appeal to a straw-man right off the bat in this thread as it has been in any others.

Next you'll be the only one talking about holograms and space beams. AGAIN.

All this time spent on the 9/11 forums and you still don't know what a "straw man" is? Really? Or is there some other reason you keep using them?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I think the most irritating part about this whole thing is how you keep on making yourself out to be the victim. 1--In your final post you state, "Please, don't get me started" as if they had been egging you on. You were the one who started the argument with your unwarranted and unwanted comments about 9/11 being an inside job which had nothing to do with her "stupid" widget. 2--In your OP you state that you "simply commented below..." and then you were attacked by the mean old "retarded" soldier and his girlfriend. Why are you even worried about it anyway? They are "retarded" and you obviously are so much smarter and more knowledgable than they are. After all, you have "200+ artists and entertainers" on your side.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Your not going to win an aurgument unless you have one solid story from start to finish. Since that does not exist in the truther movement then nobody outside the conspiricy crowd will ever buy any of it. Also if the guy had or has access to classified info on 911 then he is gonna know what your selling is bunk. Just like I do.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by VirginiaRisesYetAgain

I get it, "Dave." Just be one of the first people to reply to a thread, and just ridicule the truthers with something short and then be off again, right? Is that how it works?

No, actually, that's not how it works at all. How it REALLY works is that the conspiracy people will post some ridiculous thing they read on some damned fool conspiracy web site and I'll post why it's rubbish. Not even two posts after mine, some guy came up with the genius idea to "ask them how WTC 7 came down without being hit" when the NIST report already gave their assessment on how the building collapsed. It'd be one thing if he didn't agree with the finding, but pretending WTC 7 was sitting there unmolested one moment and then spontaneously fell for no reason the next is out and out lying.

You've done it on a good handful of threads now and it's no more logical to appeal to a straw-man right off the bat in this thread as it has been in any others.

...and yet out of all the things you've been griping about me, you have yet to prove why a single thing I ever said was incorrect. You DO know what, "straw man argument" means, right?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

you said 'just like i do'.. does that mean you somehow got your hands on classified information about what happened 9/11. or did you mean that as in you believe the point he is trying to get across is nonsense?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
You said you posted what you did to get a rise out of the other person. Am I to take it that is not the way you feel? Are you doing this just for the drama and to start an argument? Sorry I don't understand your motives here, what are you trying to achieve?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The Ground Zero mosque has ZERO to do with 9/11.

It is about freedom of religion, however.

We shouldn't have let the pilgrims in either if that's their beef.

Secular humanists need only apply.

If we do not have freedom for all then we have freedom for none.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

If you can't win a debate on your own merit maybe you should either learn more about the issue or just not debate. You made a point of attacking her page and now you can't back up what you started? Wow.....
With friends like you........

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

I gathered from reading her post that she is the conspiracy theorist... The OP is a truther or did I read it wrong?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
The Ground Zero mosque has ZERO to do with 9/11.

HUH? You're kidding me, right?

Just because it's incorrectly called the mosque at ground zero doesn't mean that it doesn't have a lot to do with ground zero.

It wouldn't be an issue if 9/11 didn't occur?

It wouldn't be an issue if people didn't believe in the official story. It is about freedom of religion but it's about freedom of religion because of the emotions, proximity and the extremists of a religion that allegedly were the sole cause of 9/11.

How can you honestly say it has ZERO to do with 9/11?

In general:
Lots of information about the mosque

Specifically:
The War for Your Mind: "Ground Zero Mosque"

FACTS about "Ground Zero" "Mosque

And tell them to stop watching Fox News and use their own mind instead of relying on others to form their decisions by misinformation. I've had these same issues asking me to "fly the flag" based on ignorance with hints of patriotism to support it.

Edited for clarity and additional information

[edit on 8/31/2010 by Three_moons]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join