It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would vampires have dna?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Don't ask me where I came up with this. Was watching a vampire show and thinking of how fun it would be to see a hundreds or thousands of years of history. But even if your dead, undead, whatever a vampire is, would they still contain human dna?

Just thought it would be a fun discussion.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
If they were human at some point they would still contain human DNA.

It may be mutated but it would still be there.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

This may help you a bit

The Science of Vampires - Part II

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
There is also a pdf report

Speculations on Vampire Physiology and DNA

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by name pending

That is a fun article. Ilike how things are explained. I guess from some of the "studies" it reported, could you actually take a dna sample?

Pooey, so I guess I am not the first person to think of this.
Thanks for the info!

[edit on 28-8-2010 by nixie_nox]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I am fascinated by vampires too, so I keep reading tidbits here and there
You are welcome.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by name pending

Thoug I do think that I found a discrepency in the article. I appreciate scientific explanations. But it says the liver stops working as there isn't impurities to filter out,but later says the kidneys remain and the vampire occassionaly urinates out impurities. I don't think you can have one or the other.

Also, I would like to hear further explanation on why blood has to be the diet. The stomache is an acidic place. Blood would be broken down like anything else.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_noxPooey, so I guess I am not the first person to think of this.
Thanks for the info!

See, now that statement right there deserves its own psychology thread me thinks, the whole there is no such thing as original thoughts and concepts.

Anyhow, vamps have dna...nightly if they are properly feeding.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by nixie_noxPooey, so I guess I am not the first person to think of this.
Thanks for the info!

See, now that statement right there deserves its own psychology thread me thinks, the whole there is no such thing as original thoughts and concepts.

Touche.

But it was said in fun. Hence the smiley.

I know there is no such thing as original thoughts and concepts, which is why the brain in vats theory doesn't work.

Anyhow, vamps have dna...nightly if they are properly feeding.

Good point, but that would be someone else's dna.
And it would be broken down in the stomache if the stomache still functions the same way.

But does a vamp have their own dna, or retain their original dna.

Say you had a vamp that lived 500 years, could you connect them to their decendants through dna testing?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Sorry to say this, but there are a gazillion other forums for young people to talk Vampires on... please use them.

Apologies for any offence caused and for not being on topic.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
vampires would be some kind of a side species originated by some human defect in their DNA (intentional or not ...)

every thing alive have DNA ... even if they are immortal, they would have to have DNA, just like any other example "REAL" in nature

but about real vampires, they probably exist, not immortal, but humans that just like blood ... its possible ... very possible

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I guess they would, IF THEY EXISTED. But said DNA would be the same as the human they were, no disease can modify DNA.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
This is another "Twilight" fanboy question, No vampires are not real, thus no DNA.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by clever024

It is a hypothetical question. Hence the reason I stated this is for fun.
Never did I announce I think they are real.
And in case you didn't notice, this is the cryptozoology forum. Don't venture in if you don't like the topics.

Your not invited to a lot of parties are you?

BTW, take trolling 101 before you try posts such as these.Vampires have been discussed a long time before Twilight ever came along.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by nixie_nox]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

About as common as noobs that come with an inferiority complex. No offense.

There are thousand earthquake and conspiracy sites. So whats your point?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
This is actually making me think. Personally...i think they would have dna if they existed at some point.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

it is, look up blood drinking;Seek and ye shall find: some times, the wanted answer!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

let's put it like this; if spirits/ghosts/demons or whatever you like to call them have dna so have the vampires since they are nothing more than malevolent spirits (ignore the stories written in last 200 years and especially vlad tepes and dig a bit further, ancient greece for example, and you'll understand what i'm talking about).

and if they do, their dna would differ from human dna since they never were human and humans would be just vessels for these beings.

if any of those exist, of course

top topics

join