It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LOOK!!!! A Deer of a Different Color...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Cool Pics.

The Bear at the table is priceless and makes me wonder if he was a human in a previous life and is now a Bear ?

He certainly sits as though he's done this before !!

Here in New Hampshire we have lots of Deer, Bear and Moose.

I am not a hunter but I mountain bike in the woods alot and have several encounters with fawn coming right up to me on my bike out of curiosity.

I sense that they knew I wouldn't harm them but they really liked my 22 lb. high performance racing mountain bike !!!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This thread is fantastic! I read every post. Great pictures and stories.

I've seen many deer in my life and never did I see a black one, but I found this interesting fact about them... They call them "melanistic deer" and outside of Texas, they're very rare.

Texas is a good place to study the dark colored deer. That’s because there just happens to be more black deer in eight Texas counties than in the rest of the world combined!
Just check out the photos of these twin white-tailed deer fawns that were taken in the Northwest Hills area of Austin.

Source

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Thank you! I have received 2 applauses for this thread.. I am very proud!

At that source you posted is this:

Piebald Deer – What are They?
www.buckmanager.com...

Piebald deer are sooooo cute!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Yes that was a wonderful picture. This was a excellent thread all the way around.

One to make us all feel good.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The black deer isn't really that rare in my neck of the woods (Alabama), we call em "swamp deer". Deer hunters still call em fair game. And apparently they taste the same.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I would expect the dear to have the IMG or increased melanin gene, its the opposite of albino. Instead of a reduction in melanin, it has an increase. cool looking dear tho

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This is a video to restore your faith in humanity. There are good, kind, decent and gentle folk.

The gentleman that made this disabled comments so if you are out there, this touched my heart and made my day.

Turn the headphones up, the music is beautiful.

You will have to go to the link below, video embedding is disabled.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 3-9-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Ahhhaha... that is the cutest thing!... Love that picture so much I'm gonna use it as my wallpaper on my computer... omg... I LOVED it!

This was the greatest thread to read when I woke up this morning, with so much worrisome in the world today... these pictures brightened my day!

Thanks everyone!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join