It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warner Bros & Paramount to make post 9/11 movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Warner Bros & Paramount to make
post 9/11 movie

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5fdd1dd5c5e9.jpg[/atsimg]
Sandra Bullock & Tom Hanks to star

Warner Bros. and Paramount are reportedly going after Sandra Bullock for the big screen adaptation of Jonathan Safran Foer's novel "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close,"

According to Variety, the studios have made offers to Sandra and Tom Hanks to star in the movie, set in 2003, which centers around a boy who lost his father on September 11.

movies.yahoo.com...

comments section:
Well I have not read the book so I do not know if any
new information concerning 9/11 will be brought forward
in this movie. But it's def great for the truth movement cuz
it keeps 9/11 in the forefront of the news media by keeping
it alive in film. It'll def be one movie to watch to see if any new
evidence comes forward.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Well the novel sounds interesting enough....
en.wikipedia.org...

It doesn't sound like it will go into any conspiracies concerning 9/11 though it does keep in fresh in the mind of people who are passionate about it.

I'll keep my eyes on IMDb for any updates

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
OMG!!

Talk about beating a dead horse and trying to tug on heart strings like movies about a Jewish child in the holocaust.

Is this what we have to look forward to? 50 years of 9/11 movies which try to keep the lie going for the next generation?

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Jeanius]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

What exactly is the "lie" they keep "going"? As far as I know there was a tragedy that happened on that day...are you tired of hearing about it or something?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Damn...that's a little soon don't they think? I think there's more people who don't believe in the "official" story than they actually realize...just seems a little soon to be making movies like this...they obviously want to embed their version of how it happened into peoples minds, once people see it play out on screen they'll probably be more inclined to simply accept that explanation.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
as opposed to a Pre-9/11 film? All you can do is watch or ignore it. I doubt it will be historical, especially because its a movie.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I'll guess I'll have to save my theories
until I see the movie and see what is
presented. But of course, hollywood
can add whatever it wishes to lead the
sheeple in their direction. But we'll see.
I just posted this to raise ur awareness
of the upcoming movie.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Thanks for the heads up BoondockS, but I wouldn't hold your breath on any new forth coming evidence from this movie.

IMHO though, this is nothing but another person/group/company trying to cash in on the 9/11 money machine.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Here we go folks - 9/11 being instituted into the National Mythology. Where's John Wayne when you need him?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Here we go folks - 9/11 being instituted into the National Mythology. Where's John Wayne when you need him?

Seems his role has been taken by Tom Hanks.

Wasn't he also in the 9/11 fire fighter movie?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The government has been spending money on idea placement for some time. the Goebbelists know that TV and movie land is where most US citizens live these days, and that their brains can be reached at that address. They have also been illegally spending billions on skewed and fake news as well.

Hollywood Goes Political Yet Again: "Issues Placement" Strategy
In the 1997 movie "As Good As It Gets," the single-mom waitress played by Helen Hunt delighted audiences when she cursed her HMO.
The response was spontaneous and genuine, but Hunt's lines were far from spontaneous - they actually were written by a Washington, D.C. activist group pushing hard for a government-run health care system.
While most movie fans are aware of product placements such as the BMW roadster in Pierce Brosnan's film debut as James Bond, Hunt's words marked a relatively new phenomenon: issues placement

www.nationalcenter.org...

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

lol....you people could tie a bushel of corn, an ice cream cone and a lawn mower into some wild 9/11 conspiracy if you could. You crack me up.

Its only a movie, for God's sake. Get over yourselves.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Except if it was all a stitch up the HMOs would be the ones paying to look good in movies because they're rich.

You lot all think that Hollywood takes its orders from big governemt, but it self evident that it doesn't. This is just one example.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by trebor451

And "you people" can invent all kinds of explanations to explain away or justify the thinly disguised utter contempt our leaders have for us, we the people.

You'll keep coming up with convenient excuses to aquit TPTB from justice, and you'll drag ALL OF US with you into tyranny.

Just sayin'.. there's two sides to every coin.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by TheLaughingGod]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by trebor451

lol....you people could tie a bushel of corn, an ice cream cone and a lawn mower into some wild 9/11 conspiracy if you could. You crack me up.

Its only a movie, for God's sake. Get over yourselves.

Well, movies are how history is remembered these days. Bush said 9/11 changed everything and it's one of the few true remarks he ever made. This has nothing to do with whether or not there was any conspiracy on 9/11. The movie will be what people 20 years from now will think represents the "historical truth". That is what I meant by entering the national mythology.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
History? Real history buffs should pursue the topic of FEMALE initial responders, and what it's like for a kid to spend most of his/her life with the walking dead.

It'll never happen. Not 'sexy' enough.

I have the tee-shirt, and I'll be buried in it; but not for not trying and trying and trying.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
reply to post by Jeanius

What exactly is the "lie" they keep "going"?

Mainly that a group of Islamic jihadists led by Osama Bin Laden hijacked planes with box-cutters then performed spectacular maneuvers and navigational feats (despite being incompetent in learning to fly a Cessna) and proceeded to fly into buildings which collapsed as a result (including one which was not hit by a plane but collapsed at free fall anyway) because they hate our freedoms. A vast amount of fantastic coincidences along the way made it all possible.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Azp420

thanks for that clarification, however in the context of the OP, I don't think this is what they meant

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Have you read the book?

Because if you haven't it would seem odd that you feel at liberty to comment on it, given that you wouldn't know the story and have no idea what treatment the film will make of it.

Almost like you'd made up your mind already.

new topics

top topics

join