It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USB Wireless Adapter Gives BSoD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Yesterday, my computer completely died on me, and came up with the dreaded blue screen of death (BSoD), with the message, "Page fault in nonpaged area". Anyway, after many hours, I fixed my computer and it now starts up perfectly. However, when I plug my USB wireless network adapter (Linksys WUSB54G), it blue screens on me.

I've removed and reinstalled the drivers for the adapter and it still goes to the BSoD.

If anyone can be of any help, I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks in advance!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
There should be a string of characters on the BSOD. What are they?

Also what OS are you running, what driver do you have for the adapter?

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Hey,

Thank you for the reply. Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. I'll have a look at the BSoD and answer your Q's shortly.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by xeroxed88

What antivirus software are you running?

MM

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I guess that you either need an updated driver for your USB device, or... perhaps you can solve it by disabling "hyperthreading" in your PC's BIOS.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies. I've installed the latest driver (WUSB54G Version 4). I'm using Windows XP Professional SP3 (32bit)

I plugged in the USB Wireless Adapter early to force the BSoD but it didn't actually go to the BSoD immediately, it wasn't until it tried to automatically connect to a network that it did crash.

Link to driver dowload page: www.linksysbycisco.com...

Here's what the BSoD looks like:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MissMegs

I was using AVG but uninstalled it recently. I have MalwareBytes virus scanner (I think that's what it's called) at the moment.

top topics

join