It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leave the Past. The Time is Now!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kyle43

Agreed. Many people do choose to be blissfully ignorant, but some people don't. By giving people an idea that's "outside the box" we may be taking them out of their comfort zone, but their comfort zone is leading to an entire population's destruction. I'm not limiting this to conspiracy theories. I'm talking about things that you and I can both sit down and look up on official websites, or things that are easily observed in everyday life. I'm not proposing that we MAKE people believe, but every person should at least be given the right to decide. Some people are just scared to look for fear that others won't be with them.

I understand that we aren't close to the truth about a lot of topics, but we can claim to have some knowledge of how to look for it. To say that it is an infringement on a group of people's ignorance doesn't take into account that the socially accepted ignorance infringes upon the search for truth. That's like saying that we shouldn't have a news channel because their version of the truth may take away my blissful view on such and such. If you (not you specifically) don't want to hear what I say, change the subject; use your voice. But as a people we should be understanding of others views to achieve peace, instead of literally blockading ALL mention of an alternative story and then going about mindless work like we're in a field of daisies.

To compare a seeker of truth to The Powers That Be is forgetting that humongous difference between a love for control and a love for sharing.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
I understand your reservations about the religious fervor of my sentiment. For me I cannot escape it. Everything is religious to me, even that Hendrix quote you used.

There you mention religion in your post, which was a response to my statement of your religious "fervor"! However, reading over it again, I see that several places, while you mention religion (or 'religious' to be more precise), you do not come out and say YOU subscribe to one particular religion. It may be you signature that has me confused as most people who speak of Jesus are most often of the Christian religion! So, I recant, I take it back man, you have nothing to scratch from you Akashik record lol!!

See, I have a very sour taste left in my mouth from my own Christian upbringing, which is far too long a story to tell here. Personally, I adore Jesus, the Jesus I know through my own research and reading of many "alternative" texts, so I'm with you on that level anyway! Then, coming out of that religious haze I began to open my eyes to the whole rouse that is religion! I'm quick to jump the gun on said issue.

So, apologies made and hopefully accepted, moving on...

I also believe that one should not approach another with a sense of higher authority, as I've stated. When you do that, you open yourself up to a s&%t storm of ridicul and judgement. I do not know anything concrete about any of these issues, they are called theories for a reason. I can only guess that most of us here do not know anything concrete really, so it is dangerous to approach any conversation with those we consider "asleep" with that type of attitude. If we want to wake people up to the (subjective) truth, we must realize that the truth we speak of is all theory, however, we know at the very least that there is something just not right going on and it is within our power to change it!

edit on 8-9-2010 by IrishCream because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Thank you all for your suggestions!! I love when productive conversation is all i read!

Unfortunately kyle 43 i am surround by those who have no concept of the world except for main stream media. There are those that i know around me that are "awake" but not many. But in my current setting i could not even contemplate keeping quite. I'm 19 and i refuse to watch my generation grow up blind to what we on ATS know or at least think we know is coming.
Also i have heard a first hand account that the US government new exactly what was going down on 9/11. (but that's insignificant)

To everyone else you suggestions will help me greatly. In fact i have had some success today talking with a random strange about presidential assassinations of all things.

Little love some active listening and smashin on obama gets the job done

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by getinout?

I'm 19 too, I can def. relate. I don't like getting on my facebook and seeing people complaining that there are no parties on a friday night, how awesome the latest Jersey Shore was, or how sick a Lil Wayne verse is...

I am not saying to not try and "wake" people up. Not at all! Infact whenever someone does post some news I always give my controversial two cents. That goes hand in hand with me "guiding" them to start looking deeper instead. If any world issue or crazy concept is being discussed while I'm out at a group gathering or something, I will always give my opinions. People are usually genuinely interested for what I have to say and the conversations generally last for a long time. I am more interested in actually hearing what others have to say about all the cool topics we have on ATS and I feel like a lot of people are already caught on. Almost always people bring up 2012 and I just like to let them know that I think that it will be the time where your karma comes back to either help you or screw you.

I just strongly believe this reality is something that every individual needs to ultimately figure out for him/herself. If the time comes to discuss your personal views then take that opportunity as a chance to also learn more about yourself. Like someone said before, discussing topics so sensitive and belief is truly an art form of how you approach it.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by IrishCream

No, worries my friend. There is no insult to forgive. No, I do not practice religion. I too am but a humble student of Christ. I am neither above you, nor below you, but right here with you.

If I came off sounding superior, or judgemental, it is I who owe you the apology.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I think it's awesome how this thread has attracted students of the Great Work. It really is amazing to behold.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
So iv reread the whole thread and come back to the question wat are we gonna do! Im tired of learning and not using this information. Lets move on a grand scale!

LETS SEE ACTION! LETS SEE PEOPLE! LETS SEE FREEDOM! -the who

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by getinout?

What I intend to do?
I have a grand plan.

But for it to work, no one can know it except me. Kinda like how secret societies operate. All will be revealed in due time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join