It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Offspring

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
This probably isn't an original idea but I'll share it anyway. I was thinking about Mars after reading Very Clear Martian Fossils - HERE! by Arkaleus. I started to think about if there really was life on Mars. What if
there really was a civilization on Mars a long time ago, before we were ever around. One day they realized that there was a great meteor or asteroid that was going to come so close to the planet. This asteroid or meteor would completely messed up their environment (sort of like everyone is predicting is going to happen to earth). They realized that this was going to happen long before it actually occured. They went underground in order to survive if they could but they new that it was basically a lost cause. Let's say they were at the same stage in technological advancement as us where deep space exploration was really not an option at the time so in order to keep their race going they tried to develop a sort of genesis pod that would inpregnate their dna on a planet that had livable conditions. (Earth) Could we just be the offspring from a lost race that originated from Mars? Just a far fetched idea, but could this happen or is it just out of the question?

I would be interested to hear what you think.
Thanks,
Kata.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 02:17 AM
link   
LOL...does Spock get created after the "genesis pod" hits Earth?

I understand it's a theory but I can also have a theory that Elvis was actually the Messiah, that doesn't make it a very sound theory.

It's a great possibility that Mars may have been populated...that's something within the realm of possibility. The rest is just sci-fi speculation.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I think a more reasonable assuption might be that we were seeded accidently. If mars once had life.. that life might have been carried here by means of a meteorite... but we'd be talking about primordial soup here.. that chance our evolution would follow theirs would be slim to none.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Heh, I have wondered... why do people "unlike" themselves? We didn't evolve on earth, Mars gave us life. We didn't build the pyramids, aliens did. Our technology didn't come from us, it came in an alien spacecraft, and we duplicated their tech to fit us, etc. Why didn't mankind invent anything by herself? Are we that stupid?

Anyway, we need more proof that Mars actually had life before, and there are many theories. Who said that stone was from Mars?

Fossils? Well, one could make out a fossile of many rocks here on earth. Besides, just because Mars may once have had life it doesn't mean Earth couldn't develop life itself. Remember that both Mars and Earth lies within the "life circle" around the sun, that is, both planets lies in a life-supporting distance from the sun.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnusualMe
I think a more reasonable assuption might be that we were seeded accidently. If mars once had life.. that life might have been carried here by means of a meteorite... but we'd be talking about primordial soup here.. that chance our evolution would follow theirs would be slim to none.

who says that this is an accident? its just natural way for life to expand...
planetary collisions, meteors....it can be seen as just a part of a great big life making machine

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
There was a thread on this identical topic - that's right I refuse to call it a theory - just a couple of weeks ago. I guess that's why there's a search function.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Sorry if this is a repeated thread CommonSense, but I did do a search for this subject. I must have somehow missed the thread that related to this one. Anyway do you have a link to that thread so I could read some of the responses?

Kata.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Has any one considered the posiblity that Earth might have seeded Mars. That is if Mars ever had life. Just, an idea. Perhaps Mars didn't quite have the properties to sustaine for the 1/2 billian years as the Earth. After all it is less active geological speaking and much further from the sun. Also it being a much smaller body and further from the sun there would have less possibilities of comets and other astro bodies falling into Mars gravitational filed. Its Chemical make up would have been less abundant as the Earth, hell look at its atmosphere, that says alot.

[edit on C:Sunocu06e6 by Opus]

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Thank you for watching movies. This sounds like the plot to Mission to Mars. Except in the movie they go to the planet and find all of this out because the Alien there tells them about it. Well shows I guess. But still. Sounds a lot like that movie. I think in the movie they may have sent people to Earth but still same difference.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I don't know if I can believe we decended from Martians. It is entirely possible and I obviously have no proof, but I think the fossil records on Earth rule out us being a colony of Martians, which is what is being suggested.

Here's two things I always fantasized about since I was a child which are sort of related to topics mentioned here.

1) Mars and Earth could have been seeded at the same time with primordial life, but it did not survive on Mars. I think meteorites would be the ideal method for a galaxy being seeded with life. Mine a huge lump of space-rock or a small moon. Inject smaller lumps of rock with a hardy bacteria and use solar powered maglev to hurl them off the moon and towards a neighbouring galaxy. It would be a cheap way to hurl potentially millions of seeds of life somewhere. Probably not realistic, but since I was about 10, I've carried this idea with me. Although why somebody would bother, I can't imagine.

2) Considering the possibility of any alien creation of life on Earth, I fantasized as a kid that 'the missing link' in human history can be explained as the intervention of Aliens altering cave-man DNA to make the species evolve more quickly/contain alien DNA, etc.

/fantasy

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Kata,
Here's one of them. www.abovetopsecret.com...
CS

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku

Originally posted by UnusualMe

who says that this is an accident? its just natural way for life to expand...
planetary collisions, meteors....it can be seen as just a part of a great big life making machine

Sorry maybe the word accident doesn't fit, I'm well aware of the process which causes debris from one planet to enter another.

new topics

top topics

join