It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer Is World's Most Costly Disease

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Article

The American Cancer Society says that cancer is the costliest disease in the world. They also believe that cancer is likely the leading cause of death, reports CBS News. The American Cancer Society will present the new report on the costs of cancer this week at a global cancer conference held in China.

I guess all the nuclear fall-out and GMO food has finally caught up with us.

You're more likely to die from cancer than anything else. That's scary. I wonder if we compare cancer rates from 100 years ago if we'll be near the same as we are today? Maybe the advent of electricity has something to do with it? Maybe GMO food? Maybe nuclear fall-out?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust
Article

The American Cancer Society says that cancer is the costliest disease in the world. They also believe that cancer is likely the leading cause of death, reports CBS News. The American Cancer Society will present the new report on the costs of cancer this week at a global cancer conference held in China.

I guess all the nuclear fall-out and GMO food has finally caught up with us.

You're more likely to die from cancer than anything else. That's scary. I wonder if we compare cancer rates from 100 years ago if we'll be near the same as we are today? Maybe the advent of electricity has something to do with it? Maybe GMO food? Maybe nuclear fall-out?

electricity is have nothing to do with cancer but GMO foods are biggest causes of cancer as they gives us more carcinogens than anything else(including nuclear fallout)

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

I think they got that headline wrong.

Shouldn't that read:

Cancer is the world's most PROFITABLE disease

If only half of the stories of natural and/or suppressed cures are true, it's painfully obvious that TPTB use cancer to control the population while making a pretty penny to boot.

[edit on 8/16/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I disagree!
That cancer is the costliest disease in the world.

War is the costliest disease in the world.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
TPTB suppress every alternative that seems to cure.

Don't you wonder why 60 years later there is still a "war on cancer".
It doesn't take that long to develop more and more deadly weapons to kill people.

"Cancer, above all other diseases, has countless secondary causes. But, even for cancer, there is only one prime cause. Summarized in a few words, the prime cause of cancer is the replacement of the respiration of oxygen in normal body cells by a fermentation of sugar." -- Dr. Otto H. Warburg in Lecture [7]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

When was cancer 'discovered'? Just think of all the people that died before it was discovered, and they didn't know they had it. Just like AIDS.

I have to agree, though. Cancer is extremely expensive. And what sucks the most is that most insurance companies wait until you hand them your death certificate to cover any of it. Boo to them.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Ah yes..the economy has taken a downturn, so funds are low and debts are high in the biz of cancer. Let's put it out there how costly it is..in the hopes people will dig deeper and pay for our condos and golf memberships.
Pffft.
Cancer is costly because it is made so..no other reason. It is rampant because it is made so. There will NEVER be a cure put out by mainstream medicine because they benefit from it more so than any other illness.
I lost both parents to this horrid disease..and I have never donated a penny..never will.
I figure..they took more than enough from me already.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by AccessDenied]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Lets just take my parents
3300 a year into Social Security times 50 years = 165,000.00
times two=330,000.00 dollars they paid into Social Security alone lets not even count Medicare.
So one died of Cancer the other a heart attack.
My mom ran up a 33,000 dollar bill with Cancer.
My dad got 5 years of Social Security pay out at 17,000 total
Mom 33,000 to her hospital bill plus Dad 17,000=50,000 dollar payout by the government.
When they paid in 330,000 total.
Equals 280,000 dollars profit for the Feds.

Those frickin Baby Boomers only 280,000 dollars profit from that couple!
So how much has your family paid in and will your family get a pay out?
Or was it robbed and used for War?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
So the American Cancer Society is pointing out that My Mom screwed the government out of 33,000 dollars it could of used for war funds!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
So now is the American Cancer Society
Going to point out how much in War funds my Grandparents screwed them out of?

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Gmoneycricket]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

I think they got that headline wrong.

Shouldn't that read:

Cancer is the world's most PROFITABLE disease

If only half of the stories of natural and/or suppressed cures are true, it's painfully obvious that TPTB use cancer to control the population while making a pretty penny to boot.

[edit on 8/16/10 by FortAnthem]

and to make this worse, everytime they controls the populations they use the media to convince that everything that they use to control the population is attributed to not-so-real Anthropogenic Global warming instead themselves

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
So anyway I am going to go hug my kid that went the Persian Gulf
will suffer from Depleted Uranium,
take a sip of fluoridated water,
have a radiated vegetable for a snack
as you all discuss the evils of Cancer
and how it screws the government out of war funds.

top topics

join