It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Obama Lie???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I just received this in a email, so I am not sure where the "facts" came from. I am sure they are easily looked up. Im guessing this may have been discussed somewhere around here all ready. Feel free to point me in right direction. It is hard being new and not sure what titles to search for.

Anyway,, if this is true, I am really beginning to get a bit insulted that the leader of our country really thinks we are so stupid that we can add 2+2. I try hard to stay out of the political field, but this is just insulting on so many levels.

Obama claims his father fought in WWII. Is that so?

Barack Hussein Obama Sr. (Obama's father)
Born 4/4/36
Died 11/24/82 at the age of 46
He was 5 years old when WW 2 started, and less than 9.5 years old when it ended.

Lolo Soetoro (Obama's step father)
Born 1935
Died 3/2/87 at the age of 52
He was 6 years old when WW 2 started, and 10 years old when it ended.

Barack Hussein Obama Sr. (Obama's father) Born 4/4/36 Died 11/24/82 at the age of 46 He was 5 years old when WW 2 started, and less than 9.5 years old when it ended. Lolo Soetoro (Obama's step father) Born 1935 Died 3/2/87 at the age of 52 He was 6 years old when WW 2 started, and 10 years old when it ended.

Can someone tell me what is wrong with this picture????

Here is the video where he clearly says this.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by yigsstarhouse]

[edit on 14-8-2010 by yigsstarhouse]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

He probably mis-spoke. A simple search would show that his paternal grandfather fought in Burma during WW2 with the British army and that his maternal grandfather fought with the US Army. Why is this so hard to fact check?

Just one example of many on the 'net...

Maternal grandfather
Link

[edit on 14-8-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Could someone have read this page wrong?

Barack Obama was born in Hawaii on August 4th, 1961. His father, Barack Obama Sr., was born and raised in a small village in Kenya, where he grew up herding goats with his own father, who was a domestic servant to the British.

Barack's mother, Ann Dunham, grew up in small-town Kansas. Her father worked on oil rigs during the Depression, and then signed up for World War II after Pearl Harbor, where he marched across Europe in Patton's army. Her mother went to work on a bomber assembly line, and after the war, they studied on the G.I. Bill, bought a house through the Federal Housing Program, and moved west to Hawaii.

www.barackobama.com...

I think he probably did just misspeak.

[edit on 8/14/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Obama sure does Mis-speak a lot.

Nothing mush else to add other than -Hes a politician-They lie-hes no different.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by yigsstarhouse

Obama claims his father fought in WWII. Is that so?

Yiggy.....

Yes.....it's true.

He was in charge of a squadron of Kenyan attack goats.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Most people who speak a lot in public misspeak from time to time. It's a human tendency. It happens. The more you speak, the greater the odds of misspeaking become. Misspeaking also increases with the amount of stress place upon said human.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

lol you crack me up my friend. btw, I am still pondering your ponderence of art!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I agree people can misspeak. After all, we are only human, but I also think if one speaks from the heart, and doesn't count so much on a teleprompter and Thinks before one speaks, they might not be so prone to make those mistakes.

I have always had more respect for a person that speaks from the heart, but that is just me.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

Yiggy.....

Yes.....it's true.....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5b6760c2898c.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7e43c803846d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Look...aside from the plain fact that Obama didn't have the experience in a leadership capacity of such magnitude...
Could it be...and I'm just curious when I ask this (because I don't roll with the Birthers/Anti-Birthers and all the other nonsense)...
Could it just be...that...a lot of Americans are just pissed off that there's a black guy in the White House?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Frankly, I wish Obama would misspeak more because sadly, the outtake reel from this administration won't be nearly as entertaining as the one from the last administration. Be back later...I'm going to go put some food on my family.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Misspeak? Is that what they are calling lying these days? Misspeak is like accidentally calling some one named Jack , Jim. Lying is when you say your grandfather fought in WW2.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohioriver
Misspeak? Is that what they are calling lying these days? Misspeak is like accidentally calling some one named Jack , Jim. Lying is when you say your grandfather fought in WW2.

So, it's been documented that both grandfathers fought in WW2...
that wasn't you mis-speaking, now was it?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Between me and you, I think Ohio river just misspoke himself... How odd since that is kind of where this thread is going eh? I guess it is very easy to do!

I can only speak for myself, I dont have a problem with a black man being in office. I just have a problem with everything that is going on that we know isn't right.
I used to wonder if this country would vote a black man or a woman in first. At least now I have That answer....

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

maybe one of his Daddies just lied to him, and he believed them, and has been too busy to do his own fact checking?

Honestly, how many of your Daddy's lies have you believed in?

edited to add:

Star & Flag BTW. & thanks for sharing this with fellow ATSers,
et

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
You know I have to say, another thing I am wondering about is, where were the reporters that day? Don't they just live for the moment to catch someone in their simple mistakes or "misspeaks?" That was a campaign speech, and it seems to me the republican camp should have been all over that in some form or another.

Make you wonder what else they let slide by, just because...

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

He probably mis-spoke. A simple search would show that his paternal grandfather fought in Burma during WW2 with the British army and that his maternal grandfather fought with the US Army. Why is this so hard to fact check?

Just one example of many on the 'net...

Maternal grandfather
Link

[edit on 14-8-2010 by LadySkadi]

Were you a girl scout?
This is my way of saying I like your answer.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Originally posted by ohioriver

So, it's been documented that both grandfathers fought in WW2...
that wasn't you mis-speaking, now was it?

It is just so hard to believe anything that comes out of his mouth. I have just decided to assume it is a lie first until proven otherwise.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

Understood. I feel that way about all Politicians. I listen to what is said with a cynical, wait and see attitude.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by LadySkadi]

join