It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Muslims prep for Islamic holiday _ around 9/11

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

US Muslims prep for Islamic holiday _ around 9/11

www.google.com

NEW YORK — The lunar calendar that Muslims follow for religious holidays is creating a potential for misunderstandings or worse in a year when American Muslims are already confronting a spike in assaults on their faith and protests against new mosques.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Eid al-Fitr, a joyous holiday marking the end of the holy month of Ramadan, this year falls around Sept. 11. Muslim leaders fear that their gatherings for prayer and festivities could be misinterpreted by those unfamiliar with Islam as a celebration of the 2001 terrorist strikes.

Brace yourself for the spike in new articles and slogans from the likes of Fox News that Muslims are celebrating on 9/11.

I don't know much about Muslim festivals but I have heard Eid is their biggest festival similar to how Christmas is for Christians or Diwali for Hindus. I found that out when I was invited by my long term neighbors who were Muslims for Eid. We used to celebrate it every year for like 10 yrs until I moved out and relocated. Now also every year I call them up and wish them and they reciprocate the same on the festivals I celebrate.

This year I doubt they would be feeling safe to celebrate their festival but nonetheless I would call them up to wish them Happy Eid.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Thank you for bringing this up. I think it is important to get this out there so people realize that the holiday is not related to the attacks.

In the end, though, I am sure it will not matter. People will spin it as they want to with no regard to the relevant truthful answers.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Only the people ignorant of the Muslim holidays would think they were celebrating the attack on America.

I hope no one from ATS sees me celebrating with a seafood dinner on 9/11. It is my significant others birthday. I and our party will be happy and joyous because another birthday has come.

I deplore and condemn those responsible for the horrible senseless death and destruction of the Twin Towers.

It does no good to dwell on past events. We must rise above our troubles or the enemy will have taken our joy forever.

We will have a moment of silence and then pray for the families of the massacre. Then we'll thank God for our food and eat delicious Georgia wild shrimp.

I, in no way, condemn the entire Muslim peoples for the actions of a few.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well the sensible moslems must try a bit harder to promote their anti - terrorist credentials. THere is a terrible scope for misunderstanding due to the timing of this holiday.

This is going to be a tough one with a need for PR.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Muslims but not particularly US Muslims are part of the Illuminati in
a big way now and have quite a lot of power with the old guard.
When the oil runs out they won't be big players any more.
I'm sure they will join the ranks of the anti Tesla conspiracy.

[edit on 8/14/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Does anyone out there honestly believe that Sadam was some kind of threat at all???? With Kim jung il or a person with any real power still ruling. People are braindead these days. Does your country have oil? We need it, and will take it by any means neccesary. Does anyone really believe it was because of Sadams treatment of some Sunnis? They actually tried to kill him. Smell that smell?? smells like sweet apples!!! Just hook the oil mtrucks up lets drain'em and move on

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
one word MOSSAD,we have penetrated the mid-east.We will now continue to complete our mission!(control oil, with major profits going to the US and other allies)Man I wish I were from one of those older oil rich families!!! I would be a pig, a complete muslim 72 whores

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Sheol

I do not mean to discrace any religious movement, I prefer to acknowledge the actions of any group saying that thier thoughts and actions are caused by the purpose of thier god. I understand that to some "strapping a bomb to kill other religions" makes perfect sense... YEAH RIGHT I'm sorry if I sound shallow but I am not religious ,and only believe what I see (DARWIN) I prob.. just lost half of you. I cannot say I'm perfect as a matter of fact I'm far from it .But these crazies and thier killing beliefs should at least kill people of thier own beliefs because we would rather not even assoc w/ you

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Sheol

Since when did we let the Islamic culture dictate our holidays?
Do you think Osama bin Laden did not know that significance?

Lets not persecute every person of Muslim faith for what happened on that date.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Their Eid is moving days I think, so next year it will fall on different day. This year however ...err I dunno when, but it might be close to it.

The point is, how about me ? Anniversary fall on 911! That is forever dude!
I cant escape and I accept it with open mind, and with nice sunset dinner to celebrate my own 911.

So, this is small things to get excited, move along people, Eid on 911, so what ?

[edit on 15-8-2010 by RainCloud]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Wow the Muslim hate stick is having a new revival isn't it just?

I wonder what the people behind the rhetoric hatred are trying to avert attention from now eh?...

Anyone posting this kind of BS should be seriously looked at I think...

I note there are certain "religions" that get favored over others on ye ol ATS eh?...

wonder why eh?...

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
All these middle ages based religous festivals should be banned. How are normal intelligent people supposed to get on with life with these disallusioned fools having silly festivals based on fairy tales.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
An unfortunate date to celebrate it on.

But that being said, I hope they have an awesome holiday. And I hope it'll be free from retarded racists and muslim haters. We don't need that, least of all on a day with double meaning like this.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Don't forget we are out to kill the most fundamental Muslims
the Taliban.
Which we will soon give up fighting.
In you face George Bush.
Because they are now a fundamental part of the world ruling Illuminati.
The Taliban met with the Illuminati as recorded in Roger Moore film
about 911 as if it were a thermometer.
A temperature everyone forgets.
We shot every German with a gun until we destroyed them all and
all that was left were the Illuminati backers.
So same old same old.

ED: About religious groups.. mild Illuminati power in voting and
the member are tax payers with municipal clout. To be sure Mayor
Blumberg wants the vote of the Muslem workers in the city of new
york. So does Blumberg care about 911, did Giuliani, did Bush.

ED+: CIA is part of the ruling illuminati

[edit on 8/15/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Taliban - Created by CIA.
2nd.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux

Taliban - Created by CIA.
2nd.

So it makes sense that the Taliban was was set up perhaps in
the secret meeting included in the Roger Moore film.
The DC crowd on Washington Avenue didn't even want Bush
to step into the White house.
But with the Illuminati on his side he made it in to meet with the
Taliban.
Then set out to kill them all.
But that didn't happen.
So what went wrong.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I don't know how much speculation is in you post but what I mean is very common knowledge, - for some people:

Allegations of connection to United States CIA There are many claims that the CIA directly supported the Taliban or Al Qaeda. In the early 1980s, the CIA and the ISI (Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence agency) provided arms and money and the ISI helped gather radical Muslims from around the world to fight against the Soviet invaders.[119] Osama Bin Laden was one of the key players in organizing training camps for the foreign Muslim volunteers. "By 1987, 65,000 tons of U.S.-made weapons and ammunition a year were entering the war."[120] FBI translator Sibel Edmonds, who was fired from the CIA for disclosing sensitive information, claims that the U.S. was on intimate terms with the Taliban and Al-Qaeda, using them to further U.S. goals in Central Asia.[121] Republican Congressman Dana Rohrabacher is quoted as saying, "The Taliban was a construct of the CIA and was armed by the CIA... The Clinton administration, along with Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, created the Taliban."

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

ps. do you mean michael moore?

[edit on 15-8-2010 by cushycrux]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bicnarok
All these middle ages based religous festivals should be banned. How are normal intelligent people supposed to get on with life with these disallusioned fools having silly festivals based on fairy tales.

Some of these festivals still exist just for the children for some families. I had to have easter explained to me when I was older, I spent my whole childhood just thinking it was about the easter bunny and candy. Same with Xmas. Its was just about presents.

My parents were totally non religious, but they weren't about to deprive my of what other children were celebrating because of a silly religion.

Other religious festivals not related to childhood fun, or good food, yeah, don't care much for them. Not when they cause misunderstandings between people.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I think they can celebrate it in their own country with no problem. If they try to party it up in N.Y. or D.C., I say what happens to them was brought upon themselves.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join