It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Water People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I am not sure where I heard this, but I think it was an article online. A person had an encounter with an alien race and said that they referred to the human race as the "Water People". The person said that it was in referrence to the major component that makes up our body. I am sorry I do not have a link to this information, but my question is if this is how they charactorize us, what must the major componenent of their bodies be?

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Well, I have just done a search on google to find some sources and cant pull anything up thats relevant, but just thinking about it, if aliens do consider us to be 'water people' then its a pretty accurate description, considering that the human body is made up of of about 66% water.

JAK

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   
A (very) quick Google mainly pulls up Dr. Lyall Watsons' "The Water People" Science Digest May 1982. From what I have read it appears to be utilized mainly in the argument for Creationism against Evolution.

The water people are mentioned on this site about Wovoca which (off topic) brings to mind one of my favourite books: Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee.

Jack

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
this is also interesting from another sense: if we assume that you're remembering right and that aliens do actually call us 'water people', it suggests that they're not composed of nearly as much water as we are...food for thought I guess, especially if you flip through some of the earlier threads on alien biology (which I suggest you do...just google ATS with that phrase to see what's 'known' about grey biology).

as a comment, the reason earth life (including humans) are mostly water is because life on earth originated in the sea (so far as we know, with lots of evidence pointing to that and not much contraindicating that hypothesis) and thus most of earth biology's basis biochemical toolkit works best -- really, at all -- in a saltwater environment. the land animals more or less carry around mini oceans with them: your bodily fluids are, in some sense, a little replica of a sealike saltwater environment to keep your basic bodily functions working.

thus, continuing our thought experiment a bit, if aliens are really calling us water people it suggests that the development of life on their planet(s) took a radically different path than on ours, which would certainly be interesting. I'll wait for comments from the expert ufologists on this forum to see if there's any further verification of this 'water people' stuff...potentially a very nifty find for its implications.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
This is interesting concept, water people. Makes one wonder about their anatomy and function.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
maybe, depending on where these aliens would come from, they might not have water there, and live on other things, and they might call us water people seeing as we have water on our planet, i know it says it being a major component that makes up our body, but water is pretty major and it makes up ALOT of our planet. there may have been a mistake and it was meaning our planet, not our bodys. and i never knew aliens spoke human.... but that could just be me *ahem*

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
more proof there is life on mars, who needs water or oxygen? lol

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I believe you mean the Sirians, they are supposedly a very nice race of aquatics, similar to the Reptoids but much nicer...

They are also supposed to be alligned with the Nordic Federation.

They are our friends...I guess...

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I believe the "water beings" reference to our species was mentioned by Sgt. Dan Sherman in his book,"Above Black
roject Preserve Destiny".I think that he was supposedly in telepathic communications with the greys as part of a governmental project of two-way communication,and they referred to us as water beings in their communications with him.They also gave him coordinates of abductions,which freaked him out so bad he quit the program.

new topics

top topics

join