It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kagan is now apart of the Supreme Court

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This is now breaking from CNN.

www.cnn.com...

Washington (CNN) -- Elena Kagan was confirmed as the 112th justice to the Supreme Court Thursday and could be sworn into her judicial post by week's end. The vote on the Senate floor was 63-37. Five Republicans in the Senate had signaled their intention to vote for Kagan, meaning conservatives didn't have the strength in numbers to delay the proceedings with a filibuster.

Looks like President Obama has hit a home run with Kagan becoming a new judge in the Supreme Court. Congrats to the Obama administration!!

What are your thoughts on this everyone?

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
OMFG
Now you got trouble.
I don't know what else to say.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
What are your thoughts on this everyone?

I think 63 people voted under the influence.

She's like totally qualified and stuff.

Peace

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
OMFG
Now you got trouble.
I don't know what else to say.

Take it easy! I'm not Kagan. Do you see any fast food around here?
Just a joke

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I think it is one of the worst things to happen yet . She was His defense attorney for all of the birth Certificate lawsuits . When the Birther issue reaches the Supreme Court , he has His ace in the hole now . This is just horrible ! The ship of justice sails farther away from the land of fools .

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
and every judgment she makes will be scrutinized. The rage will grow if she ever has a deciding vote on a second amendment issue.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Just one step closer to the absolute collapse of this nation's founding principles! Just what we needed, an inexperienced activist judge on the Supreme Court.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Cant wait until she pulls a straight in-our-faces lie like Sotomayor did with the 2nd Amendment.

Will she get called out on it? Did Sotomayor?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

no problem RR

my comment wasn't directed at you...
It was a comment on the state of things in the US and the direction they are going....

As an illustration why, consider this quote dug up by the First Amendment Center's David L. Hudson, who found it in a government brief signed by Kagan in United States v Stevens: “Whether a given category of speech enjoys First Amendment protection depends upon a categorical balancing of the value of the speech against its societal costs.”

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

In a move that will shock no one, President Barack Obama nominated a gun-unfriendly attorney to the United States Supreme Court.
Elena Kagan, Obama’s second female Supreme court nominee, was the lawyer for the White House that wrote the Clinton firearms import ban.

nationalgunrights.org...

This woman looks like every patriots nightmare....

ps
dollars to donuts she upholds the right of airport screeners to save and distribute the scans of men women and children

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Danbones]

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
That's Great.

I'm so happy this didn't take forever.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
She looks like little Pete from "The Adventures of Pete & Pete".
That alone creeps me out.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
This woman looks like every patriots nightmare....

She's essentially Janet Reno with more moles. Reno ran things from a Pol Pot playbook. Kagan and Janet Napolitano are from the Reno school of slash and burn.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

six years as the dean of Harvard Law School. In denying military recruiters equal access to Harvard Law students, Ms. Kagan ignored Harvard’s obligations under federal law. Instead, she acted based upon what she thought the law should be. The use of her authority as dean in that way leads me to believe that she would use her authority as a Supreme Court Justice to advance her own policy preferences.”

www.huffingtonpost.com...
see why thirty seven senators voted no...

"Princton Harvard Yale, Bullets Bombs and Banks.- Gerald Celente.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I was just reading this page :

Elena Kagan tied to Obama's birth certificate

(Posted: August 04, 2010
10:55 pm Eastern)

Here's the connection. Kagan served as solicitor general of the United States from March 2009 until May of this year.

In that role, she legally represented the U.S. government in numerous cases coming before the Supreme Court.

A simple search of the high court's own website reveals Kagan's name coming up at least nine times on dockets involving Obama eligibility issues.

What could it mean ?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This guy is REALLY good at stacking the deck...

Obligatory second line...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
So now, in one move, that's yet another Zionist Jew in the Obama fold, and a Judge who doesn't respect the law but acts on what she believes the law should be.

Just the way Chicago mafioso like to operate.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by vulcanwizard
I think it is one of the worst things to happen yet . She was His defense attorney for all of the birth Certificate lawsuits . When the Birther issue reaches the Supreme Court , he has His ace in the hole now . This is just horrible ! The ship of justice sails farther away from the land of fools .

Oh wow! I totally did not know about that relationship.

Things look a bit clearer now...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Chicago Mafioso? What in the world is that supposed to be?
Second line

join