It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 in a short essay.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
there is so much info it's overwhelming. articles about this and that, disinfo, lies, debunking and debunking the debunkers.
my interest lies in your personal explanation, problem is, you must do it in a short essay, few paragraphs or so.
no links, maybe a few important quotes, otherwise, just your opinion and speculations of this infamous day.
i'll have to work on mine, but i'm going back to the afghan war and the cia involvement, and how america has always created our own enemies for future conflict.
then move along to the possibilities of a stand down, and how at the very least my own government kicked back and allowed it to happen.
then maybe touch on the building 7 demolition, and a few other things.
otherwise, with all honesty, i can't say a whole lot about the before durring and after of 9/11.
can't say with absolute certainty of the facts.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

my interest lies in your personal explanation, problem is, you must do it in a short essay, few paragraphs or so.

Doesn't look like your "short paragraph" meme is taking off, so how about an (admittedly poor) haiku?

WTC beckons

American prestige displayed

bin Laden frowns

Mind you this is not traditional haiku - rather a modified english modern brand. Easier that way.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
All right, I'll give it a shot. I see three things happening here-

1) the fires heated the steel of oen of the horizonal floor braces unevenly )I.E. one side was heated to a hotter temperature than the other), which caused thermal expansion and warping, until it lost structural integrity and it broke and fell. When it hit the next floor down, the floor brace pulled the main support braces they were attached to sideways, so it too lost it's structural integrity and the entire upper section fell. The entire building fell in a chain reaction.

2) Hordes of self serving jerks smell money to be had, so they come up with all sorts of crackpot "inside job" conspiracy web sites to feed off all the anti-Bush mania. I say this because you just need to take a look at their web sites and you'll see they're a whole shopping mall of books, CDs, t-shirts, hats, you name it.

3) Along come a lot of paranoid people who subscribe to all sorts of conspiracies from the JFK assassination to the moon landing to Israel look at the rubbish these con artists are inventing, and of course start believing there's a conspiracy behind 9/11 too. I say this becuase almost every 9/1 conspiracy theorist I've encountered subscribed to one or more other conspiracies too.

Is that brief enough of an essay?

new topics

join