It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 Bizarre Cryptids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
This was posted to listverse a couple days ago. Of course there are more bizarre Cryptids. The list has Top 10 Bizarre Cryptids. I would like to see if you fans of mysterious creatures agree. listverse.com...
Also can someone tell me more about Shadow People and Atmospheric Beasts?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Shadow people (also known as shadow figures, shadow beings, shadow men, or shadow folk) are supernatural shadow-like figures of both modern folklore and paranormal popular culture that believers describe as dark humanoid forms or evasive specters that are seen mostly in peripheral vision

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
This was posted to listverse a couple days ago. Of course there are more bizarre Cryptids. The list has Top 10 Bizarre Cryptids. I would like to see if you fans of mysterious creatures agree. listverse.com...
Also can someone tell me more about Shadow People and Atmospheric Beasts?

The Picture of the "Atmospheric Beast" is a ice cristal. Normaly they call this "animal" sky or space serpent.

Some of them seem to be real (flying in earth orbit, filmed by nasa) and others seem to be Balloons.

Then there is "Space Serpen" - more like a ball of ufos, droping light balls etc. (or also just balloons?)

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
The "Pongo" story was pretty cool.
Makes me wonder how many cryptids sightings are just exaggerations of existing animals.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Thanks for that, interesting read - and nicely presented.

I swear when I was about 14 I saw a "shadow person", I was walking down a country road (where I live) and saw what (I thought) was a massive black shape, it would have been about 7ft tall. Obviously I pooped and ran.

It could have been anything but it really filled me with dread. I used to walk back from a friends that way regularly, so was used to the area - really quiet and rural. The only other time I came across something like that I think it actually was a person, but it still gave me that sense of dread. Proper in the gut fear.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Pretty cool Romantic!
I am reading a book called Crypto-terrestrials by Mac Tonnies.

I think it makes sense many species of animal (and humans!) would have decided to go underground during the last great meteor impact. Some most certainly opted to stay there beyond the point where it was safe to exit, and they carefully avoid interaction with us.

Crazy I know, but I really think it's true.

top topics

join