It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11, What Were Your First Thoughts?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I don’t know if this has been discussed before but I thought it might be quite interesting to have a discussion about it. Basically I am asking everybody on ATS what your first thoughts were on the night of September 11th 2001. That night let’s face we knew nothing all we knew really was what we saw on the TV screens we all probably had a idea about what might have happened but I think it would have been rather foolish for anybody to have said “they knew what was going on” that night.

My initial reaction when i saw the building’s collapse was shock. A bit of background might be helpful. I was still at school and was in class when a teacher ran into our class and told my teacher to turn the news on. Then we sat for a good hour and a half watching the news, the bell went and we all got on the bus home. When on that bus I asked my friend what he thought happened, and then he asked me.

So my initial reaction was to what happened I remember very clearly as being this. I told my friend that I thought it might have been terrorists ora foreign government who hijacked the planes, and then i said “they must have had somebody on the inside”, he laughed at me. What I meant however was not that the US government were in on any conspiracy but rather the perpetrators of the attacks has planted a mole in airport security.

Anyway what was your initial reaction on 9/11, did you suspect a conspiracy right from the starts and if so what was it, or did you think it was an attack by a foreign government, what was your theory that night about what happened. Further to this how does it compare with your current views on 9/11.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by kevinunknown]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

"My God, what the hell is that?" Then I felt depressed and confused. I had no perception of a larger picture, a conspiracy, etc.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
That the PTB had succeeded. I thought it was our government from the get-go. (I thought "Controlled demo" as the buildings fell. Looked exactly the same.)

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
S&F .. very good thread idea

my first thoughs when the planes crashed on both tower :

"terrorist attack" i was stupefied because of the lifes lost in that crash

my thoughs after seeing both towers falling to the ground with some obvious detonations before each floor fall down

"false flag that will lead to war"

if they didnt make the towers fall to the ground .. maybe i would have beleive it

why some israelis were caught filming it, cheering ,chanting?
(google the dancing israelis caught at 9/11)
they were arrested but nothing more
like USS Liberty it will be forgoten and other will be accuse
why did i see all this in the first place .. and still to this date .. some people are still beleiving the official version .... unflipinbeleiveable

[edit on 7/25/2010 by Ben81]

[edit on 7/25/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
when i first saw it i had been working the night-shift the night before, i remember coming downstairs and my house mate telling me to come in the front room and see something.
i went in and sat down, all bleary eyed, half asleep, it took a while for my brain to really process what was going on, i just sat in dis-belief, shock, it felt like a dream/nightmare. at the same time thinking scummy muslim terrorists

i suppose i fell for what the tv programmed into people. didn't question anything, it happened, life went on, that was it really.

i think it was about a year later i got sent to america for a few months training for work. me and a mate got chatting to people and got invited to house parties and all kinds of other madness(friggin loved it, great people, great country!). one night in particular i was stood outside on the porch of this student house(drinking beer from a red plastic cup.lol.) and got chatting to a couple of peeps that bought up 9/11. as soon as i seemed to take a shred of interest in their conspiracy ideas the flood gates opened... after a few minutes of this i was just left thinking "what a load of bollox", "leave me the frig alone", and when they asked me if i believed what they were saying, it was a 100% No!

now i am haunted by the look of relief on everybody elses faces that were around me. i feel guttted that i was such a moron!! i feel really bad for being so narrow minded!!

i think that's a big bit of the driving force for trying to wake others up now i know who the real terrorists are!! the universe works in mysterious ways!lol.

if there's anyone reading this that still believes the official story of 9/11, 7/7, that there is no new world order, the sinking of the s korean battleship, wars... basically the last 2000+ years of "history", including religion, please put your Energy into faith and belief into yourselves and use it to help others. dont waste your Energy putting it into ANYTHING the elites have given us!

the only reason we know its gods words in the bible is because the elite have told us so, the same elite that killed jesus because of his teachings!
christianty and islam were set up to be either side of the arguement, dont be a sheep, leave the flock to be lead to the slaughter house, your sooo much better than all that bollox!!!

i'll put my hands up, i was a retarded moron, i am awake now, can You wake up?

peace out

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
my first thoughts were;

"this is insane... gonna take them awhile before they put that fire out... I wonder when I'll be able to see them again with all these repairs.."

As it was falling;

"Thats not happening....is this real, ...."

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I was at work and didn't see the TV until about 10 min or so after the first attack. I thought, at first, it was just a bad accident with the plane (mechanical failure, control tower mix-up etc). I was watching for several minutes and thought "there's another plane that looks really close to the building." Then it hit the second tower. The feeling was surreal, like a weird dream state. Later when the Pentagon was hit, I thought some country was invading. Strange how I suddenly thought of an older movie called "Red Dawn."

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
my first thought actually was;
WTF!
followed up by; this is gonna be the end of the world as we know it.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
North Tower - accident
South Tower - inside job
Pentagon - inside job
Shanksville - what the hell is going on?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
my first reaction was my gut dropping to my knees.
I haven't watched the boob tube for years but that day- when I was living in boulder- I noticed how quiet the skies were, usually crowded with denver's traffic. so I switched on the tele and was shocked and traumatized by a too-perfect viewing of the 'terrorist' attack. in all humikity I knew it was a lie from the instant I saw the videos.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Being an avid news freak (meaning I've always got some news channel on) yet that day was a bit quiet for me.. for some reason I didn't have the tv on.

My son came home from picking my daughter up from school saying 'Mum put the news on, America's being attacked!!'

Switching on and the whole event just seemed like something from a Die Hard movie.. actually did think that I was watching a trailer for the latest sequel..

then the first tower went down.. and I too thought the collapse looked almost 'rigged', people running all over covered in dust and debris..

Years on and I've seen numerous accounts here on the net, questioned a lot of things.. I think 9/11 was one of those events in history, that will always be on the minds that saw it unfolding, either on tv or for real. It made me realise how nowhere is safe anymore and how vulnerable the world is.

Thanks for the thread OP, S&F for making me think of something that's been buried for a while.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I was 13, and watched it all on tv throughout the day at school... The general theme broadcasted was that things were going to change, security was going to be tighter.

I was under the impression that security guards, rentacops, and maybe even actual police were going to be more strict/forbidding with me and my bike riding/skateboarding friends. that we wouldn't be allowed to ride in a lot of places any more, or that we'd get hassled for more nonsense.

Those were the only circumstances/laws or 'rights' I was concerned with at the time, and it does sound selfish or stupid now, but I can't say that I was wrong, I just wasn't thinking about the big picture . . .

I also thought about what it would feel like to have a family member in the towers, because I saw one of the older girls I had a crush on running down a hallway screaming, and found out someone in her family was there.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I was working at home and the kids had just come home from school. My daughter came to the study and told me to come down to watch the news.

The first plane had crashed and as we were all watching the second one struck.

My initial thoughts were;

1) sheer horror for the passengers (at that stage I had to fly a lot on business) and for occupants of the buildings.
2) That it was a terrorist attack and
3) That it would give TPTB the excuse they needed
4) Worry that my kids were seeing such horror.

However, when both towers came down along reports of another, instinct kicked in. I'm no architect or demolition expert but having seen previous demolitions... I just couldn't believe that the fires (which I expected would be contained) could do that.

Peace!

[edit on 25-7-2010 by The Wave]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I was 10 at the time, I don’t remember very well my thoughts at that moment but I do recall the images.

I was out with my mom for the most part of the morning – it was a very cloudy and rainy day - and when we returned and entered the living room, all the members of my family were watching the news, shocked. I turned my head to the right to see what was on TV and went numb.

My folks were worried because we have relatives living in the US and I remember I told them not to worry because they live far away from NY (California) – I was just a kid. Then I went to my room, turned on the TV and kept watching the news in despair.

This is all I have from that day…
A few years passed, I found ATS and started doing more research on the subject.

[edit on 25/7/10 by sandri_90]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Well I was twelve years old when the attacks happened. For the first time the sky's were clear over my city. No helicopters or planes. Daily there's numerous planes flying over my home. My class and the other classes turned off the news. Since nothing after the tower's collapsed happened. That's pretty much it.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Hmmm... my first thoughts. Inside job... shock and awe. No... surreal.

For months prior to the attack (almost a year)... I was getting my life in order and preparing to die. And a few weeks before the attack I did some symbolic things that were indicative of where one of the attacks would occur. Mind you... this was all subconscious activity on my part. I just had this feeling of doom and gloom hanging over me.

My boyfriend of many years ago (ex-Navy/RR engineer) had nicknamed me BAT... I always assumed it was because of my ability to dodge/maneuver around things that were blocking my path... like with radar. I never guessed that it might have been my ability to detect things/events looming over the horizon.

Thanks for asking this question. S&F for you, my friend.

[edit on 25/7/2010 by Hedera Helix]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I was in spain & just turned on sky news & saw it unfold..first thoughts were that it's some kind of special effects what if show,then it hit a minute or so later,shock horror mostly.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I had been in class that day, they stopped everything of course. We all went and watched the moniters, some people crying, some getting angry.

I was shocked of course, but I started thinking along the lines of, ok, whats going to get hit next. Trying to figure out some logical targets, and trying to figure out if it was an attack in wave form, or what.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I was shocked as many of us. But when the towers fell, I remember thinking that they fell too damn fast when they shouldn't have fallen AT ALL. Since that day, I don't necessarily call myself a 'Truther', but I do have questions.

But the one thing that sticks in my mind: watching people fall to their deaths. I still get shivers and anger wells up in me.

I'm reading a book right now called Messages: Signs, Visits, and Premonitions from Loves Ones Lost on 9/11 by Bonnie McEneaney.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by The Patriot]

[edit on 25-7-2010 by The Patriot]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
At first a terrorist attack.

But:

What made me ask questions was the Pentagon attack, the amount of time the twin towers took to "collapse" and of course, Building 7 collapsing in the way it did.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join