It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robbed In Albion.; Made an account at last!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Good evening / morning / afternoon to you all!!

I'm Robbed In Albion, a.k.a, Rob. Been a lurker here for a very long time, and thought the time was right to finally make an account! Quite frankly, I don't know why I didn't do it sooner!!

I look forward to contributing to the site, as well as getting to know some of you a bit better; for better or worse.

To get the ball rolling on contributions, if any new members - heck, new or old, want an avatar or something making, just gimme a shout, a link to a base image, a few ideas, and I'll throw something together for you!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Hello Rob, glad to have ya onboard.
Getting to know ats members? More "better" than "worse" by far!
Cya on the boards

Peace

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Welcome! I always wanted an Avatar, if you wan't to make one for me that would be awesome! I was never good at Photoshop.

Something the same color as my back round in color scheme, really simple, maybe a symbol or something. The design is up to you my friend!

ATS is a really fun, mature place. Compared to all the other sites, this one is basically troll free!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I am new here to, and I would love an avatar, anything really would be good. I have been looking around this site for quite a while and decided to join tonight too.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
Hello Rob, glad to have ya onboard.
Getting to know ats members? More "better" than "worse" by far!
Cya on the boards

Peace

Thanks for the welcome!!

Hahaa! Well I've lurked here for a good year and a half now, so I know for a fact there'll be disagreements on topics with some faces that'll be familiar to me!

See you there!

Originally posted by gandhi
Welcome! I always wanted an Avatar, if you wan't to make one for me that would be awesome! I was never good at Photoshop.

Something the same color as my back round in color scheme, really simple, maybe a symbol or something. The design is up to you my friend!

ATS is a really fun, mature place. Compared to all the other sites, this one is basically troll free!

So, white, with something else? And a symbol? What sort of topics interest you? I wouldn't want to do something like throw on a Dharma Wheel if you weren't into anything like that!

And yeah. Like I said, I've been lurking for a very long time, and it astounds me how there's virtually no d-bags on the site!

Originally posted by lightmere
I am new here to, and I would love an avatar, anything really would be good. I have been looking around this site for quite a while and decided to join tonight too.

Again, anything you're particularly interested in? Space? Philisophy? UFOs? Paranormal?

After all, I don't want to make avatars that don't express your personality!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Robbed In Albion.

Welcome aboard Rob. This might help with Gandhi's avatar?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/930ff5d775f8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Well played.
We'll have to see what they think first though. Might not be into that sort of stuff.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Looks good to me!

Hello Robbed in Albion, how exactly did you invent that name?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Looks good to me!

Hello Robbed in Albion, how exactly did you invent that name?

Good day!

Errm. I don't know really.. I was going for something along the lines of something to do with Dharma; this website got quite a lot to do with discovery of the self / discovery in general. But then I thought 'Naah, I'm not a Buddhist and I don't really do that much spirituality stuff'.. So then Albion popped into my head for some reason, which is a reeeeeaaaaaaaaallly old name for England (where I'm from).

From there, it's a bit random. My name's Rob, obviously. I couldn't think of anything that went well with Albion, so I just thought, 'Well, ATS is getting me, so they're getting Robbed',
, and if we unearth some juicy stuff, we're robbing the government of some power, and bring us that much closer to ATS's goal of Denying Ignorance!!!

... This post seemed to go on for a lot longer than I intended...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Wow that is a pretty good name then.

I don't even know how I chose my name but I know it was just a single thought, not in depth like yours.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I don't even know how I chose my name but I know it was just a single thought, not in depth like yours.

Yikes! That first letter is a couple away from having a completely different meaning. You were very lucky

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Thank you.

It took me a while to settle on it. I can't stand creating something with a name that I hate.. I even do it on videogames.. Took me 20 minutes to start playing Oblivion, 'cause I couldn't decide on a character name..

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by Misoir

Yikes! That first letter is a couple away from having a completely different meaning. You were very lucky

Mine, or Misoir's?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I am sorry it took me so long to get back to you I am learning how to use this site and just found you again.. Thank you for wanting to help make me an avatar.. I am interested in many things, Crop circles are cool, I love storms and thunder, also am interested in Ufo's, Space, stars and planets. I am also interested in Paranormal, and many many other things but thats lots for now.I really would not be to picky. I have to say its very nice of you to offer your services. Thanks again and now that I know how to find this again it wont take me so long to reply next time.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Hi again, I wanted to tell you how I came up with my name I thought of light because i was thinking of lightning and then I put mere, because in french that means mother, and i thought they sounded cool together.
Thanks again Rob.

top topics

join