It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why is there still nothing there....at the wtc site

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
hey guys..look i dont want to get into the whole debate about who did 9/11 . its crazy on both sides..i'm not here for that topic.

i read a lot of news and theres plans for a mosque being built nearby, theres an uproar from a lot of republicans.

but my main question is (because its coming on 10 years) ...why hasn't anything been build in its place? am i wrong or is it still just a cordoned off place of wreckage?

I mean at least youd expect a memorial of all the ppl that died that very bad day.. but isnt it just a buncha broken stones atm? i know every anniversary they setup some spotlights but...there were so many models back then of how to replace it, how come nothing has been done there..? its been left as a pile of wreckage. this bugs me, if the gov't had any respect for the lives lost they would have cleaned that place up by now and put something significant, perhaps in memorium.

Does anybody else find this odd? im just saying its rude to all the people that died that day, that , the spot is still ruins of a demolishment.

In essence im still waiting for something to be put there, any sort of building, any sort of memorial wall, but i dont understand why its still rubble.

correct me if im wrong, if you know about any construction in that area let me know but, its pretty disgusting of the american govt to have 10 years and ...leave that area untouched......i dont know what to make of it at all...just being a human, or mayor of the city that would be the first order in priority, put something nice there..

anybody agree?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by depmode101

Well, the current regime doesnt want to legitimize the concept of white or mid level capitalist/affluent / self sufficient as approved victims, that status reserved only for poor people of color and tribal affiliations incompatible with traditional mercan culture.
The other is likely that the private section is broke and in any event there is no demand for more office space, especially one with an automatic target on it.
Yes, mercans are both broke and cowed into submission by its enemies

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

What do you guys live in a cave ?

There isn't an Agenda against White America preventing construction on the WTC site.

This being due to the fact that The new FREEDOM TOWER is currently under construction on the WTC site.

Just GOOGLE "Freedom Tower".

DENY IGNORANCE.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
as a 4th generation new yorker who watched this horrible day unfold from his street corner... it's a disgrace. a pure disgrace

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

I think it is now called the ONE WORLD FREEDOM TOWER.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by tonypazzo
as a 4th generation new yorker who watched this horrible day unfold from his street corner... it's a disgrace. a pure disgrace

You are mistaken, priorities are writ quite large, dear leader demonstrates his sincere concern for his peeps by calling out black terrorist suicide bombers as being victimized by their black leaders as victims of Somali based al queda racism! Inagine the degree of leadership and inclusion by such clear cut racism, gotta be a caucatian in there somewhere) Just think of the gifts we have lost out and the vast numbers of fine intellects wasted by this victimization!!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Don't worry they are are plans to remember this monumental occasion...
Ground Zero Mosque Controversy
(If you could see my face right now you would see incredible shame)

-E-

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
One World Freedom Tower, youre kidding, right? It's a joke, right? Right?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Wow. No he/she's not kidding!
I had no idea either.

www.newsday.com...

The Freedom Tower is out. One World Trade Center is in.

The Port Authority, the agency that owns the building at Ground Zero, said Thursday that the signature skyscraper replacing the Twin Towers destroyed on Sept. 11, 2001, will be more commonly known as One World Trade Center.

seems this world is going to hell in a handbasket

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Found this weird
18th-Century Ship Found at Trade Center Site

On Tuesday morning, workers excavating the site of the underground vehicle security center for the future World Trade Center hit a row of sturdy, upright wood timbers, regularly spaced, sticking out of a briny gray muck flecked with oyster shells.

-E-

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by depmode101
In essence im still waiting for something to be put there, any sort of building, any sort of memorial wall, but i dont understand why its still rubble.

Well this is the image from google earth and it is dated September 30th 2006, that looks like a building site to me and that is almost 4 years ago.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d141f1f44f2e.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm sure someone can pull up a more recent picture from somewhere.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
One friend is elevator mechanic - his company has contract starting in fall
to install elevators/escalators in the new FREEDOM TOWER

Unlike WTC the elevator shafts will be lined with 2 ft of high strenght concrete to prevent shafts from being penetrated and destroyed like on
9/11

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Why bother re-enforcing, no one is going to want to bother hitting that piece of architectural cop out. They need to re-enforce the Sears tower and Empire States building before planes fly into them, which of course leads to the inevitable building collapse/structural failure/demolition.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Insolubrious]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Latest Picture of New WTC 1

They are building but very slowly, this site lets you see many pictures.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

Yeah it's being built at the speed of molasses, the newest finish date was something like 2015. Meanwhile, out in Dubai they built and finished a building the equivalent of two WTC's stacked on top of each other.

It's almost like TPTB equate the WTC site to a open wound that they want everyone to look at or think of and see that the towers are gone. Especially, while we are still fighting in Afghanistan, in this GWOT.

I think it's truly disgusting, they talk about needing to create jobs everyday, why don't they hire a 1000 people down there to knock out all the construction work. Starting with the One World Trade Center.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Insolubrious
Why bother re-enforcing, no one is going to want to bother hitting that piece of architectural cop out. They need to re-enforce the Sears tower and Empire States building before planes fly into them, which of course leads to the inevitable building collapse/structural failure/demolition.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Insolubrious]

Ohhhh yess, it'd remain a prime target to those who wish to demonstrate repeatedly what they consider is obvious mercan impotence.
One would need a 10ft thick reinforced ssolid concrete wall covering the new building for me to consider even going inside to use the bathroom.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
All they need to do is make the building out of the same materials used to make flight 175, since the plane was clearly stronger than the original WTC steel facade. The result would be a much more economical solution with a thinner outer skin, allowing for an extra 10,000 square feet of office space. Who needs structual steel when the fuselage of a passenger plane is much stronger. Well at least according to OCT.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I get what they are trying to do with the design, it's a tribute to the twin towers, having what appears as two buildings (top angled different merging into the bottom to signify 2) combined into one tower. Cool concept, still very bland though.. bit of a shame really.

Personally i feel it would have been better to construct a massive monument with zero office space. It's spitting in the face of the dead to just whack another office building back on top.

I guess the mighty dollar trumps sentiment in the eyes of the developers.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
There is a TON of work going on at the WTC site.

One World Trade is now almost at the 30th floor. Tower 4 is 5 floors high.
The Memorial is 80% complete.

Check the webcam out:

archives.earthcam.com...

(Below is the URL for the webcam WITH interface)
www.earthcam.com...

The first image is automatically updated. So if you don't want the interface to zoom in and stuff, bookmark the first URL. or both....

[edit on 7/18/2010 by Pharyax]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Insolubrious
All they need to do is make the building out of the same materials used to make flight 175, since the plane was clearly stronger than the original WTC steel facade. The result would be a much more economical solution with a thinner outer skin, allowing for an extra 10,000 square feet of office space. Who needs structual steel when the fuselage of a passenger plane is much stronger. Well at least according to OCT.

OH not this BS again the planes went through due to there mass and velocity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join