It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flinstone's: Welcome to BedRock! ( Afghanistani Village)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
One slight error, the name of the village is Kandovan, in Iran.

???

can you here the music???

Yabba dabba doo

Flintstones, meet the Flintstones
There the modern stone age family
From the town of Kandovan
There a page right out of history

Let's ride with the family down the street
By the courtesy of Ahmoud's two feet
When you're with the Flintstones
Have a yabba dabba doo time
A dabba doo time
We'll have a gay old time

The Flintstones

Flintstones, meet the Flintstones
There the modern stone age family
From the town of Kandovan
There a page right out of history

Someday, maybe Ahmoud will win the fight
Then the cat will stay out for the night
When you're with the Flintstones
Have a yabba dabba doo time
A dabba doo time
We'll have a Persian old time
We'll have a Iranian old time

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Upon learning this, a sudden question arises within highest circles of Pentagon:

How does one bomb back to stone age that which is already in stone age?

Answer? First, modernize them, and only then, destroy them. That's why they've got electricity and phone just recently, I mean doh?! Some conspiracy theorists you are.

I hope of course that you realize that I'm not being serious.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I think that place is just beautiful
i would love to visit there. I hope it doesnt become too modernised or loose any of its etheral charm.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
There are other places in the world similar, if not even older and more primitive. Places in Greece, Turkey, Iraq, and Ethiopia, all in the same general area of the world have people living in caves like that, although usually that's where monks live not the general public.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Great! Now that it is not a secret there will be a McDonalds, Starbucks and Apple store there within the next 6 months.

Can't have a pure land with zero corporate interst. That is Un-NWO'ian

unfortunately you may be more correct than you know...now that we've got a view and country of origin for this place. someone is gonna whore this place out.

if i owned enough land in georgia, i've always wanted to build a home partially into the bedrock, or a hill on my property.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by ahmonrarh]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Nice what some people can do with swiss cheese rocks!

So if they are bombed would that just make more swiss cheese rocks that they can make housing out of! Just j/k

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I think I want to live there.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Oh man, I love that place! I'd gladly give up my tech to be able to live there. Thanks for the thread OP. Starred and flagged.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

I have never seen any architecture quite like that before! That is my new dream house. Just seeing those three rooms, I was sold.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
I wonder if George Lucas knew about this place...would have made an awesome home city for the "Tusken Raiders/sand people."

Great place indeed.

That what I was thinking. Almost looks like CGI or something you would find on another planet. I kind of fell sorry for these people. There they are minding their own business in there simple lives and a few of there country men start trouble with the rest of the world and they end up paying the price. Why is it that everyone ends up paying for what a few did?
It is alway like that. Take the BP oil spill for example. A few people caused it but millions of people could end up paying for it.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Wow, thank you for sharing, that is awesome! It's a shame that very few places like this still exist, though I'm sure it won't be long until there are none, to include this one. The world is too much of a hurry to move forward, while losing all connections to the past.

--airspoon

[edit on 14-7-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
"The Spice must flow".
Did Frank Herbert know of this place?,I can just imagine stillsuits,sandworms etc.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bettermakings

Cappadocia, Turkey - plan your next vacation, it looks great

www.fairychimney.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Wow. This is mesmerizing. Thanks for posting these pictures. The only drawback that comes to my Westernized mind: is that greenish river running down between the stone steps with the robed person walking up them, their latrine system? Ouch. Otherwise, simply beautiful. I would love to visit there for the experience. Starred and flagged.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

Thanks for the clarification, and the support niteboy82! The place I got the images from was someone off of an imaging service from India who said this village was located in Afghanistan lol.

I guess that goes to show that sometimes we just can't get it all right because the rumor mill has acted to change some things around!

the link you provided to Kandovan was most enlightening, I should perhaps change a few things in the OP to reflect the new information gleened from your help! I can't edit the OP, I guess I could just post it here lol...

[edit: UPDATE! Thanks to niteboy82 for clarification and support!]

Villiage name: Kandovan (Land of Unknown Carvers)

Location: Azarbaizan-e Shargi (East Azarbaijan) Province, Iran (NOT Afghanistan =
=)

Historicity: The village of Kandovan is also part of the Lake Urmia region (also spelt Urmiyeh or Urmiya), the region where the predecessors of the Persians and the Medes first entered recorded history in a 844 BCE Assyrian inscription, and the region that is central to the start of the second phase of Zoroastrian history. The villagers state that the villiage itself is 700 years old, however it is speculated that it is much older than that. Archeological research would need to be conducted in order to ascertain that information, of which none to date has been performed at this village's location.

This method of dwelling makes the residents modern-age cave dwellers or troglodytes. (Troglodyte means cave dweller: somebody living in a cave, especially somebody who belonged to a prehistoric cave-dwelling community. Troglodyte also means somebody living in seclusion.)

The style of the Kandovan settlement has some parallels to a form of settlement mentioned in Zoroastrian scriptures, the Avesta. The first mention and description of a planned Aryan township in the Avesta is the Jamshidi Vara (also see Pamiri houses).

These Dwellings are composed of ancient volcanic deposites of ash and other debris that have congealed into the conical shapes these dwellings are shaped as. (Not Glaciation Rills!)

It's rather an unusual formation to believe the articles claims that these rocks formed the way they claim they did. More geologic understanding is needed IMHO to understand how volcanic ash and other debris can formulate into conical structures...

[edit on 7/14/2010 by Megiddodiddo]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
S&F good find!

I work at a Country Club and have to drive through some housing plans, let me tell you how horrible these houses look. I'm not talking about them being broken down projects or anything like that; what I mean is they have no design, no creativity, and certainly no porch, balcony's, or such a thing to make one stand out form another. Maybe I'm just picky, however this town shows ingenuity, craftsmanship, and creativity. I would much rather live in a town of rocks than a housing plan of square plain houses

Further note:
Where these houses are built is in washington county PA, there used to be a large patch of woods now all houses. Deer, ducks, geese, turkey, beaver, and possums all inhabit this area and can be seen in their yards with no where to go. It is sad to see this happen
In my town of Carnegie you can barely see the houses from ontop of the hills because the houses where built (it seems anyway) with the trees. I don't think that makes since, but what I'm trying to get to is maybe instead of clear cutting the area of woods cut out where the house will go with a yard and leave a large tree or two in the yard, keep some of the patches of woods. Just like we stole the land from the indians we are now stealing from the animals.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
This has got to be on the coolest places I've ever seen. I'd love to go there.
It reminds me of the Anasazi's

upload.wikimedia.org...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I just made a thread about a similar place, hope you enjoy!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
As another member mentioned; it's similar to the town called 'Coober Pedy' in Australia where they mine for Opals.

The weather is extremely hot there so having underground houses makes for great insulation from the elements.

IRM

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Megiddodiddo

It looks like such a simplistic life, but very fulfilling. It just goes to show that we don't really need all the creature comforts that the media tell us we need.

I would live to pay these people a visit and see how they operate on a daily basis, thanks for the share Megiddodiddo

Rabaski

<< 1    3 >>

join