It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X5th's Hello from Michigan!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Hello, this will be my first thread as well as my introduction posting I’d like to get to know some of you better as time goes on here on ATS! I have been lurking ATS for now a little over a year learning about conspiracies a true or false as well as many other important topics. If you have a moment please feel free to read my introduction it’s much appreciated.

I’m recently 21, to some a baby in this world just after recently graduating from college with my bachelors degree of Digital Arts and design, now working on my Masters of Design Media finishing here in the fall. Being a huge design geek whether it was in 3d, web or print I knew since I was 14 what I wanted to do with my life. It wasn’t until a year and a half into schooling that I realized I had lost all interest in design and felt “burnt out”. It all seemed to have started after one morning waking up with an idea in my head that anti-gravity technology wasn’t so impossible as I once thought it to be. It was quite odd that I had this revelation and unfortunately nothing came of it other than that to help further myself along but I noticed that it because an obsession of mine. Immediately I grabbed my computer and began searching for anything I could find on the topic hoping something would spark my interests. Thus leading me here to ATS and I haven’t left since. I must say I have learned quite a bit while lurking here over the past year and after having little background in the science I am now so deeply admiring it’s hard to see what is going on in my life. Being here now I am completely unaware of why my devotion to design has completely changed to space travel and anti-gravity technology, but I have since learned a great deal about Nikola Tesla and many others that have spoken about such possibilities. Beyond that there is not much more to say on this topic.

Shifting gears a little more to my background, I grew up a decent only child until my teen years from when my parents decided to adopt a brother for me. After my mother having been diagnosed with skin cancer during her pregnancy with me they were unaware if it was because of the pregnancy and asked to avoid another one. Since then we have adopted 4 total into our family. 3 boys, 2 of which biological to each other, and the other biological with his sister, resulting in 4. Since the age of 5 I have had a stutter. When I tell this to most people their response is usually, “Yes I have one too sometimes” but in relation, I always have mine… I went through rigorous speech therapy sessions as a child trying to help me learn to cope with my disability ( I guess you could say) Most of which helping, obviously not solving. From there growing up I learned to laugh along with others who made fun of me, resulting in many friendships from people not being able to get the negative attention they tried to pull from me. I decided to not proactively pursue stopping my stuttering because it’s who I am. Aside from knowing I have a very good sense of humor and a relaxed outlook on life, I am surprisingly feeling lost in this world as most 21 year olds do I would assume. As hard as it is to differentiate myself from most here on this board, I feel as though something is happening in the world, my mind feels so open and free like I am about to receive a message but I am unable to reach it. Where is the Google for my fate? The hardest part I am dealing with in life is where to go next, but as most say just wait an watch.
Feel free if you have any questions to ask.

TL
R aside: Hey everyone! As I finally muster up enough reasoning to join the community and take part in the active conversations here, thanks for having me!

[edit on 14-7-2010 by januaryx5th]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Welcome, Janx5th - and if that's your birthday, it's mine too! I'll bake us a cake next year.

You sound like a perfectly lovely person. It's very nice to make your acquaintance. Always feel free to ask whatever from whomever you feel can help you. People are fairly civil here, barring a few select but you'll know who they are soon enough.

Tell me, is your stutter to the point that you can't speak sometimes or is it not quite so debilitating? I don't know whether you've tried meditation or qigong to help, but I strongly suggest you give it a go if you haven't already. Find a local chapter of the Falun Dafa and go there. It's always completely free and you don't need to participate otherwise if you choose not to. The meditation practice is well worth doing. Qigong generally (there are some 3000 forms) helps with correcting energy flows. Your stutter and all other dis-ease is caused by a disturbance in that flow. Give it a try!

Again, welcome.

CE

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Good to have ya here. I too fell like I am waiting something and we aren't the only ones here, but I guess we will have to wait till then.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Hey there! Thanks for the welcome,

As far as my stutter goes it's not as severe as most would think. I do have means to control it such as speaking in monotone, but I just can't stomach bringing out the Ben Stein in me. I created a plan where I can actually dance around words and come up with replacement words for things that I am trying to say that may be less "blocked" words for lack of a better term. Basically I stutter on M's, P's, D's T's N's... so on, anything that may have long sound which is actually almost every letter in the alphabet! The stutter only seems to come in certain occasions and Never when I sing or jokingly speak with a accent. Sometimes I think about picking up a British accent or Australian accent just to counteract my stutter
. My stutter is not always relevant as I have learned to make it hidden in some instances, but when stress or fear arises it can show such as when I am trying to explain a story to someone. In most cases when this happens my stuttering can overtake the story and take too long, people have become bored or lost in stories due to my stuttering. I have the worst form of blocking where my head shakes to get the words out, I have pulled neck muscles from stuttering before and sometimes even run out of breath and have to breathe before starting again!(sometimes continuing the stutter and getting frustrated) But all in all, I have my good days and my bad days. Most tend to forget I stutter. Regardless I have tried to meditate, It seems like something I would love to get into. I have maybe attempted it 3 - 4 times but constantly forget to do it and feel that I only do it when I need it. For the few times I have never reached a high point but become very relaxed and drifted slightly off into my head. 30 min max. I have read about it and know it's an acquired skill that takes practice and repetition to perfect. I will look to see what I can find with what you have told me as I am deeply interested in meditation. I can only imagine it will help me clear stress as well as helping me as a person find who I am.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by januaryx5th]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by januaryx5th

I personally practice freeform meditation. I started with Shaolin qigong but rarely feel the need to use it anymore as the meditation aspect took over completely and I use it to balance energies. I've healed all manner of illness in my body. I've gone from being a fairly overweight, smoking, drinking office worker to looking nearly as I did when I was 30 (I'm soon 50) - and I'm not done yet! My eyesight is returning: I don't need glasses anymore for anything. So much has changed that it's impossible to deny the power of this thing.

It doesn't have to be qigong. The only important thing is that you learn to harness your consciousness. For whatever reason, meditation came naturally to me. I am lucky, I guess.

And be very grateful that you don't live here in Finland (I'm actually from New Mexico). The letter that cause you problems are the main ones used in this *bloody* language. X_X

top topics

join