It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Centaur Remains???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   

OK, here's a pic I found. The only info it gave is that it is housed in the Jack E. Reese Gallery. What do you guys think? You'll notice that the horse and human bones are different colors so, I would say it's fake. Another clever hoax.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I can't see any photo. Did you post it, or is there a link to the photo?

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
link to pic

I don't know why you can't see it.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
link to pic

I don't know why you can't see it.

Sorry, it must my browser. Thanks for the link.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
yea i can see the pics. never thought about before but it looks they got two rib cages. so i wonder if they have two hearts and sets of lungs. i believe that these could have at one time existed as the results of the mad scientist annunaki experiments. there is far too much evidence of the ancients advanced technologies and wisdoms to deny that they were probably more advanced than us. because we are recently discovering so many things they already knew. like their accurate maps of the solar system and of antartica, math and astrology stuff. but modern science usually seems to deny it and overlook it for somereason.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
well it could be real but i would say someone took remains and pieced them together but wtf was some kook doing with half a human skeloton.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
looks fake to me.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
sorry to ruin the fun...it's only a peice of art. PLaced there to make students, and everyone to think for themselves and to not always take the word of an authority figure

"After further discussion with this student I finally revealed that the display is a work of art, and hence fiction. The centaur (made from the tea stained bones of a pony and a deteriorating human skeleton) was originally constructed by Bill Willers, a Professor of Biology at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh who is also an artist."

web.utk.edu...

"Many students are conditioned to believe the word of authorities, whether they be academic, political, scientific or religious. This work of academic parody functions as a conscious form of self-critique, deconstructing the authority of the library itself."

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Thanks for the info zero. Well, I guess it is a fake. Too bad, it'd be cooler if it were real.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
[edit on 6/18/2004 by panchovilla]

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by panchovilla
zero the whole mf'n' point of your jack-o- lantern quote was to question the established authority. so when you say "sorry to ruin the fun" like you are some "authority", to me, you sound like you have a big piece of sausage in your mouth that you just can't stop smokin'. " a big piece of art to make every one think" maybe you should you take that big piece of sausage out of your mouth and try and figure out what it is that their professor was trying to get them to think about.

"sorry to ruin the fun" quote

your r smokin' something that is for sure

[edit on 6/16/2004 by panchovilla]

I was saying sorry to ruin the fun, because I had credible information that would put a hault to any speculation on the picture. I mean, a piece of art is much less fun then a centaur. Just passing on knowledge, I thought thats what this place was about. Maybe the knowledge was unwanted, maybe some don't want to deny ignorance.

As far as the personal attack, real classy.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
warnings are like shoes for the shoeless.

more shoes. i am in denial of the accepted anti-ignorance.

i believe that all life on earth was biologically engineered. not because i read zach sitch, but because of the diversity of all the life forms and their maintenace of their diversity. this is the evidence i see with my own two eyes and feel within my being. even if evolution is actually factual, i don't believe it is personally, i would still believe that some great mastermind devised a superbly intricate program that has run itself exactly according to plan.

and perhaps way back when there where a much more intelligent race of beings, maybe even people just like us, who more fully understood our biological programs-DNA. and maybe they played around a little and made a half Homo sapien half Ursus arctos or half Homo sapien and half Ovis canadensis. or to is to ponder this as a possibility to accept ignorance?

i made the whole think about culinary cooking, because it seemed like YOUR knowledge of the situation was AUTHORITATIVE with your " sorry to ruin the fun" then you go on to tell about the entire purpose of the story was to make people use their own mind to determine what was the ultimate reality. thank you for sharing your story about the picture; i honestly enjoyed it. but the way you started sounded out of tune with the background info on the pick.

me and several of my friends had a lengthy discussion on "class" last night.

i feel class is sort of like beauty- it is in the eye of the beholder.

i think the native americans where far more classy than some royal pompous king or some "classy" nobleman from back in the day.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Last time I checked I am not an authority figure, I have 'member' under my name like you and mostly everyone else here. If I had 'Moderator' maybe I'd tell you I am an authority figure.

I just provided a link and acouple quotes from Professor Beauvais Lyons at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville . It's his webpage (or atleast it's on his section of the Universitys web page) web.utk.edu... and his information.
Of course it is possible that it is real, and the story about it being a work of art is all a ploy the real purpose could be to get the people to question the authority that is telling them it is only art. That is what they tell you to do, question authority, don't always take their word for it.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Good point zero. Maybe them saying that it's a hoax is a hoax itself. The ole' switcheroo. I wouldn't put it past some wacky professor doing that just so he could get something like this on display. But for now, we're just gonna have to believe that it's fake.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by panchovilla
yea i can see the pics. never thought about before but it looks they got two rib cages. so i wonder if they have two hearts and sets of lungs. i believe that these could have at one time existed as the results of the mad scientist annunaki experiments. there is far too much evidence of the ancients advanced technologies and wisdoms to deny that they were probably more advanced than us. because we are recently discovering so many things they already knew. like their accurate maps of the solar system and of antartica, math and astrology stuff. but modern science usually seems to deny it and overlook it for somereason.

Actually, it wouldnt make much sense having two hearts. But they might have 2 stomachs, just like cows have 4!

And furtheron, I would expect the lungs to be in the upper-torso (The man) because they have to be close to the mouth, and the heart being in the horses stomach because the heart must always be centered in a body. This last part would also mean, probably, that centaurs arent that smart creatures, since their brain are such a long way from the heart.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Interesting, I never thought to speculate on the anatomy of a centaur.....a lot of questions do arise.....

While this is an obvious (and proven it seems) hoax, one must also remember that it'd make SENSE to find a human skeleton with a horse skeleton, with all the wars fought on horseback.

Still, I'd like for them to be real...they are in many cultures' mythology....

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Interesting, I never thought to speculate on the anatomy of a centaur.....a lot of questions do arise.....

While this is an obvious (and proven it seems) hoax, one must also remember that it'd make SENSE to find a human skeleton with a horse skeleton, with all the wars fought on horseback.

Still, I'd like for them to be real...they are in many cultures' mythology....

Hehe... It would be way cooler to have freindly dragons... I love those things!

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
That picture is lame! There is no pelvis, the bones are just lying on top of each other. Also, why two ribcages? Not the best effort ever.

[edit on 21-6-2004 by Zzub]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
Also, why two ribcages? Not the best effort ever.

Ever seen a drawing of a centaur? It has a lower and upper torso, therefore two ribcages.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Well it WAS set up in a gallery. That shoulda' tipped you off from the get-go.
Cool art piece, though.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join