It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Robert Byrd hospitalized in serious condition

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Washington (CNN) -- Sen. Robert Byrd, the 92-year-old Democrat from West Virginia who is the longest-serving Congress member in history, has been hospitalized in serious condition, his office said Sunday. Byrd was admitted to a Washington area hospital last week and his condition is "seriously ill," according to the statement by his office.

Surprised no one posted this yet. I will try to keep everyone updated. He is third in line to become president.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
yeah I seen this AP vid on youtube

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

You know what's weird. Hillary Rodham Clinton is after him line to become President. If Nancy Pelosi leaves soon as well then all she would have to do is take out Biden.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
He has been to the hospital before,
Good Senator Byrd is a Tough Old Bird...

If he goes. God will Bless Him, because he will go knowing that he did the best he could for the good people of West Virginia considering what he had to work with... in D.C.

-----------
Seataka

[edit on 27-6-2010 by seataka]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Not to be mean or anything but how could people keep voting for this man? he is ancient, they had to wheel him to the meetings he did attend and then had to hold the pen in his hand while they signed his name.
He has been a mannequin for the Dems for years, reminded me of A weekend At Bernie's,
srsly, you have lived a looong and fruitful life, die already!

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Just Wondering]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by seataka

*sigh* all of a sudden we have a bunch of /b/tard wannabees in our midsts, this is like the third anon wannabee avatar I have seen today.
I think you guys are missing the whole anon thing, you're proven newfg by the fact that you have a log in name. if you're gonna give yourself a sign in name leave anon out of it.

please stay out of my /b/

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by seataka

If he goes. God will Bless Him, because he will go knowing that he did the best he could for the good people of West Virginia considering what he had to work with... in D.C.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by seataka]

yeah, godbless the old hateful racist .

Byrd joined the Ku Klux Klan when he was 24 in 1942. His local chapter unanimously elected him the top officer of their unit.
According to Byrd, a Klan official told him, "You have a talent for leadership, Bob... The country needs young men like you in the leadership of the nation." Byrd later recalled, "suddenly lights flashed in my mind! Someone important had recognized my abilities! I was only 23 or 24 years old, and the thought of a political career had never really hit me. But strike me that night, it did."
Byrd held the titles Kleagle (recruiter) and Exalted Cyclops.

In 1944, Byrd wrote to segregationist Mississippi Senator Theodore Bilbo:

I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.

good riddance you old evil racist bastard,
burn in hell.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Just Wondering]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Someday we will all be on the road he is on.
I sure hope for his sake that he was a good person.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
RIP Robert (KKK) Byrd

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
"Them that are not busy being born are busy dying"
Bob Dylan

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

You got me going there for a second. Hilliary Clinton is probably waiting for him to pass on so she can be one step closer to the edge!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

Definitely will be a lot of crosses burned down South when he passes. Wonder if he's gonna be buried in his sheet?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

I guess they never got rid of all the Dixiecrats. Dixiecrat favored segregation and were mainly from the south.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Wont loose any sleep over this old fool. His assinine policies have affected millions.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

You got me going there for a second. Hilliary Clinton is probably waiting for him to pass on so she can be one step closer to the edge!

Hilary Clinton will not be one step closer to the edge if Senator Byrd passes on.

She is Secretary of State and will remain fourth in line. The next most senior Senator of the ruling party will become third in line - right now that would be Daniel Inouye (from Hawaii no less - there has to be some sort of conspiracy there with Obama claiming to be born in Hawaii!). Senator Inouye is currently Chairman of the Appropriations Committee.

I hope he recovers, he has a long history of service to his country, regardless of what you might think of his politics.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by babybunnies]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by shai hulud

What we need in Washington is another Kennedy. We need the Kennedy's to clean up the filth in America.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

What we need in Washington is another Kennedy. We need the Kennedy's to clean up the filth in America.

Do you know anything about the Kennedy clan?

I doubt that there has ever been a family more involved in questionable activities and serious scandals as the Kennedys.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'm from WV, and I can honestly say Byrd has done wonderful things for WV. He may have gotten off to a bad start, but he was only 23 when he joined the KKK. He has publicly apologised many times, and also stated that the biggest mistake of his political career was voting against the Equal rights ammendmant in 1964. ok, Maybe he was a racist at some point.
But he also brought over 3 billion dollars in federal contracts to the state, and he was almost solely responsible for fiberoptic cables being built into the intertes when they went in. Which is why a main branch of the CIA is located in Clarksdurge, WV.
Also, in 2002, Byrd voted against the war in Iraq, against George Bush..
So... he made some mistakes, buti Believe he saw the error of his ways.
R.I.P. Senator Robert C. Byrd

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Here's one of my 'favorite' quotes from the racist. May he be judged fairly for who he truly was.

When the Truman administration tried to segregate the army in 1945, Byrd wrote an angry letter to “Mississippi’s segregationist senator Theodore Bilbo, wherein he expressed anger over the Truman administration’s efforts to integrate the U.S. military.” He wrote: “I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side … Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.”

Source.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I know it's a quote, but I believe that Truman actually desegregated the armed forces.

Prior to the end of WWII, the armed forces were segregated.

<<   2 >>

join