It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to file a FOIA request?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I'm not sure exactly where to start, or if I even should. Finding information on the net wasn't as helpful as I'd hoped. I don't know which agency to petition or where to begin so if anyone could offer some help, it would be great.

I'd like to file a FOIA request into any information recovered by Convar Inc. on damaged hard drives at the World Trade Center on 9/11. Since the information regarding the money transfers hasn't been released, and the people who were behind the transfers had not ties to al qaida then there should be no need to use national security status on the information.

Unless it's been officially released elsewhere, I haven't seen anything in that regards.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Actually just google "freedom of information request".

Also, FOIA does not cover material or information that is privately (non-governmental) held or may violate individual right's to privacy. I can not make a FOI request for your tax return even though it is information held by the government.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a) the FOIA handbook along with instructions on how to submit requests can be found here:

The Freedom of Information Act Handbook

b) they're not going to give you the contents of what was found on recovered hard drives. That information belonged to the tenents of the WTC, not the gov't, and depending on where the hard drives came from, they may and probably do contain private and sensitive information that would be illegal to release (I.E. releasing patient information found on a hard drive from a doctor's office would be a federal HIPAA violation)

new topics

join