It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Military base outside US?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Saw on tv that the U.S also has a secret installation in Macrohamish,Scotland.Sorry if i've misspelled Macrohamish.Anyone ever hear of this place?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
sebastiaan, if you are going to be in germany and want pictures of the base, sad to say it but you can be arrested for taking them, even from off-base. I am stationed at Ramstein, and the SP, the base police, are always on the roads outside the gate. So my advice is not to take the pictures. If you want, email me, my address is in my profile, and I can get you more info on bases out here.

Enjoy Germany!

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Menwith Hill is an interesting place, I drive past there on average 2-3 times a month (travelling with work grrrr)

Ive noticed that the satellite on the site quite often moves between a 45 degree angle and a 'pointing straight up angle' does anyone know why it might do this? possibly for maintainence, or recieving signals from space etc.....

Its also interesting that its signposted as RAF Menwith Hill yet its an American base yeah?

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Most bases outside the US are joint bases. They have a local commander and a US commander, but are listed as local bases. USAF bases are called Air Force Stations instead of bases.

As for the sattelite I'd say they were alternating between sattelites for whatever reason.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I remember visiting Idar Oberstein in Germany (Oberstein is the place where my ancesters came from, the Oversteyns family)

There's a large base near there too, alot of medical facilities.

Its one of those places in Germany where they bring wounded soldiers from Iraq and Afghanistan for primary medical aid.

[edit on 23/7/06 by thematrix]

<< 1   >>

join