It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Military base outside US?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Does anybody know if the US have any kinds of bases outside Amerika?
I wonder if there any in the netherlands or surounding countries.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I guess one of the closest US military installations would be Rammstein AFB in Germany.

And yeah there's US bases all over the globe.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Cool, i'm going to germany in a few weeks.
Maby take some pictures.....

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Bamberg Germany, my brother was stationed there before he got his orders for Iraq, he sent us some video, it's beautiful.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sebastiaan
Does anybody know if the US have any kinds of bases outside Amerika?

Welcome to ATS sebastiaan.
We have a few in Australia, Pine Gap is the 'main' one. Link and Pic',
www.alicesprings.nt.gov.au...

Sanc'.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Thx sanctum.

I really interested in these subjects from the day
i got my first book about underground bases.
There's also a another tread about Pine Gap,
that there is some unusual activity there.
Do you now anything about that..

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sebastiaan
There's also a another tread about Pine Gap, that there is some unusual activity there.
Do you now anything about that..

No, but i'll take a guess...MAJOR computer upgrade.
Sanc'.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
The UK is covered in US bases; Rendlesham automatically springs to mind, but there are many others

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I lived outside of Wiesbaden Air Base and was not far from Lindsay Air Station...Another base in Germany in the Frankfurt area is Rhein-Main...Then there are little ones throughout like Darmstadt. Ramstein is pretty big. If I remember anymore I will post..

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
They have bases all over their empire - Germany, Britain (Airstrip One:dn
, the middle east...and also in Cuba at Guantanamo Bay.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by minimi
The UK is covered in US bases; Rendlesham automatically springs to mind, but there are many others

Menwith Hill is the one that springs to my inquisitive mind... mainly because I lived near it for a few years.

www.daelnet.co.uk...

I did a quick search for Menwith Hill info here at ATS... and there were some hits... but mostly in the restricted area so poor lit'l new old me couldn't read them.

Anyone care to share?

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   

there are no US bases at Rendlesham and hasnt been for over 10 years, Bentwaters is now a buisness park and Woodbridge is UK MOD and still in use by the Army.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Apologies for my out-of-dateness. There are still other US bases in East Anglia though- Lakenheath, RAF MIldenhall and RAF Feltwell is used by US Space Command.

RAF Feltwell
As part of the US Space Surveillance Network, RAF Feltwell hosts the US 5th Space Surveillance Squadron - which operates under the The US Space Command's 21st Space Wing.

The base is home to part of the USAF Deep Space Tracking System (DSTS) and the Near Space Facility, vital parts of the early warning and missile tracking technology necessary for US Missile Defence.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Menwith Hill, Massive NSA complex near Harrogate on the North Yorkshire moors.
Lots of golfball shaped Rad domes and lots of Military police.

Its part of the Echelon network linked to Pine Gap in Oz and Fort Mead Maryland.

Driven past lots of times never found anywere to stop and have a good look.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Apart from Feltwell,Lakenheath and Mildenhall theres also raf fairford ,and raf Molesworth,Also Welford is also looked after buy the US.

By the way Feltwell is also a traing facility,and a storage facility in all the old WW2 hangers and its got the small
arms ranges for Lakenheath and Mildy.
Its also said there is a "seal " Unit based at Machinrannish ,not sure if thats still true .

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Closest to holland would be Kleine Brogel AFB in belgium, its a base in 2 parts, with belgian and US troops stationed there in seperate parts of the base.

The US also has "some" "warheads" stored there.

The US has more bases outside the US then inside the US really. Last few years, mainly since 9/11, they put up bases in near all the ex USSR country's and upped their troop power in the midle east and the country's around afghanistan.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I was stationed in Bitburg, Germany, which was an airbase, then Bitburg was closed down, and we moved to hanau, 30 minutes east of Frankfurt A.M. Rammsetin and the entire ZKauserslautern military area is the largest base, often, nicknamed little America, because its the largest concentration of Americans in the world outside the US. There is, or was, also Wiesbaden, Heidelberg, Mannheim,(the main military prison for US forces in Europe) Rhein mein in Frankfurt, Giessen, Graffenwoehr, ect. Of course, I left Germany in 96, so for all I know, many of these bases could be shut down already. They had stripped Rhein Mein down to a skeleton base when i was leaving, it sued to be the main airbase in germany, now Rammstein is. there were several base closures when i was there, like Fulda, the Berlin brigade, Bitburg, ect.

Itally has Camp D'arby, dunno if thats still there. We have, or had, naval bases in Rota, Spain, naples Itally, we used to have bases in Turkey.

WE have thousands of troops in South Korea, Marines and Navy all over japan, forces in Australia, Panama, and of course, now we got afghanistan and Iraq. We used to have bases in Holland and Denmark, we still have one or two bases in Britain (I think) one in prtugal, some in iceland (or we did), we used to have a huge military base in the Philipines, but it closed down after Aquila took over), and other permanenet bases as well. So yeah, we be all over the world.

Like i said, its been about 8 years since i left germany and the army, my information may be well out of date.

BTW, I believe we are still in the balkans as well, though for how long I dunno. Obviously, were all over Iraq and Afghanistan, and if we keep this idiot prez in office another term, well be in Syria and Iran.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
one of the moust important bases are in my country. the usa air base in azores, in islad ilha terceira is extremly important because it is in the meadle of the atlanctic ocean. they use it a lot as a "passing refuel point". and the biggest "refuel planes" are always seened there, as the fantastic "galaxies" too, a plane that can transport 900 mans and 3 iron tanks! i went 12 years in the portuguese air force, and we usualy go there in missions. we loved to go there because we was able to shop things at extreme low prices, like TV's sets, cameras, computer parts, and so on.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
worldwide the U.S has 6,702 military installations in total, it was around 30,000 during WW2.

and most bases are in america- over 5,904 in the US, 96 in US territories(puerto rico, etc) and 702 foreign bases.

www.defenselink.mil...

[edit on 13-6-2004 by namehere]

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Excellent link, NH! Surpringly; a lot of this stuff is public domain, still...

<<   2 >>

join