It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Please!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I was just wondering can someone that has the skills please help me. I really would like a avatar for my profile. I tried doing but i can't it seems. I would really appreciate it if someone could do it for me, since I have gotten no where trying myself. Thanx in advance to those willing to help.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The link below will be of great benefit to you.. please read it, I believe you'll find everything you need to know there;

Have fun!

Johnny

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
media.abovetopsecret.com...&cid=22&c=tutorials&lo=basic&s=mr&t=a&p=1

Have you tried the video tutorial above?

I'm not really good at making avatars up out of nothing but if you have a picture already and something in mind I could probably make it fit for you. I am real lazy though it might take a day or two so try the video if you haven't. My apologies if you have.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I have and since I registered still can't make it happen it is the same tutorial. I wonder could someone be so kind to just do it for me. I don't want to sound like I am totally ignorant here, but I would like one thanx.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Another place to look for pics is to search through your interests on Google images. If you find something you like, right click on the image to get the true width. 160 px wide is perfect.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by snowspirit]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Well picture and all that is not the problem getting the avatar up and on the profile is. It just to the media portal which I cannot sign in.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
This info is basically the same from last year. I posted same issue, which is the same solution it's not working. Some others had the same problems when I raised this question before. Redoudt had answered to help but it was a while ago so ???

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Do you still have the original password ATS gave you? it might work.
It gave me some frustrating grief once I got in there too, the video was slightly different than what actually works.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I had some problems with my avatar but managed to solve them by switching browsers. That might just be my dodgy computer, of course!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
Do you still have the original password ATS gave you? it might work.
It gave me some frustrating grief once I got in there too, the video was slightly different than what actually works.

No I do not have it this should be the same info that I use on here to log in.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by thedarklingthrush

I could supply a picture that would not be a problem. You could at you convenience of course.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Login to BTS and check out the

Member Art forum

There are some very talented members who are always willing to lend a helping hand with creating avatars

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Login to BTS and check out the

Member Art forum

There are some very talented members who are always willing to lend a helping hand with creating avatars

Tghanx Jack I might do that, I sent a message to redoubt maybe when he logs in He might lend his assistance. Thanx to everyone who has replied. I am still not able to make it happen.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ejaylinz
Well picture and all that is not the problem getting the avatar up and on the profile is. It just to the media portal which I cannot sign in.

I could be getting this wrong, but if I remember right the media portal password does not change when you change your password here, so you need your original password.

If you have lost the original ATS-generated password from when you first signed up, I think you can use the "lost password" feature on the ATS sign-in page to generate a new one, which will then work on ATS, BTS, and the Media Portal.

If that doesn't work for you, I think one of the ATS mods/supermods has said in a different thread on this topic that they will help if contacted by u2u - you might try searching for that thread to see. I'll give a quick search too and see if I can turn up who it was

EDIT: Here is what greeneyedleo said to someone with the same problem. Hope that helps.

edit to add link to GEL's response

[edit on 6/8/2010 by americandingbat]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I thought it was pretty easy to do after a couple of mistakes. I've done it twice now and it worked both times, but I still have to carefully take myself through the steps:

From Member Tools select Media Portal Account and log in using your ATS username and password.

Go to "My Home", then under "My Account" in the lower left select Upload / Change Photos.

Click on Upload Photo (upper right).

Click on Browse to locate the image, then click on Upload!

Now you are in your photo gallery and it says "The Image has been added." Click on the image.

Immediately underneath the image is a box that says "Use as ATS Avatar." Select and copy the URL In the box.

Now return to ATS and select ATS Account Settings from Member Tools.

Click in the box that says "Avatar URL" and paste the URL from your image.

Go to the bottom and click on the box that says Submit.

Viola! All done, there is your avatar.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I recently put a basic avatar crafting tutorial in the Member's Art forum in BTS. It will help you make just a regular, basic avatar.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

TheAssoc.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Some Sweety (and I think I know who it was) started a Adopt a new Member forum in MyATS. May have to tune in at watchtowermaya and click on...unless it's also somehere else too. I was told by that there some people on ATS that do Avatars for people. Hope this helps.

Truth, Love and True Light, Maya

reply to post by ejaylinz

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Can I use a real photo 4x6 and crop and upload it some how or someone help me do it that way?

Truth, Love and True Light, Maya

[

i]reply to post by JacKatMtn

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by watchtowermaya

You'll have to upload the pic you want to use first:

member tools -> ATS Account Settings

Then click on "upload avatar."

This will take you to the place where you need to put it (you'll have to log in, use your ATS username and password).

Click on "upload photo." That will take you to a new screen.

Click on "browse" and find the picture on your hard drive and select it, then click "add photo."

That will upload the photo. After it's uploaded, click on it and that will take you to a page with various URL's (for embedding the photo, using it as your avatar, etc.).

Copy the URL in the box marked "Embed on ATS" and paste it into a reply here and I'll see if I or one of the other helpful people here can make it into an avatar for you.

Or you can give cropping a try yourself: basically, load the photo in Photoshop or whatever program you use for editing and crop at a fixed 1:2 ratio, then scale the image to 160 pixels wide, by 320 pixels tall.

TheAssoc.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by TheAssociate]

new topics

top topics

join