It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have the Jews/Israel ever helped anyone?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Math, numbers, calculator, pre-calc, pi, astronomy.... on and on.

That's because they viewed science as glorifying God, as opposed to the western view of it being in conflict with God.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by dalek

I give up, what has Islam done for science?

Algebra. They provided huge mathamatical advances, which allow us today to explore - economics, physics, chemistry etc.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This thread should be re titled to...

"How Anti Semitic can you be?"

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
They help lots of folks get rid of their land.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
So what is this post about? I mean what is your point? Does a country have to be in the position to help people to be a "good or nice" country. Or worthy of our help? You point out that you are an aussie, so. theres alot of progressives in aussie land huh?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This thread has completely disappointed me....

I am not for either side, I am for the truth, and only a few people even tried to hit the target in this thread...

Has Israel ever helped anyone? Many times... I could fill the post, and so could anyone here, if they looked.

Sri Lanka rejects Israel relief delegation
www1.albawaba.com...

How much aid did the Muslim countries send as aid?

Look for yourself... or keep your blinders on.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I don't think Israel can help anyone. They are just a little country over there surrounded by people who hate them and want to kill them. I highly doubt that any country around them would accept their help if they offered it (they know this, too).

Also, your definition of "help" seems to be killing people in foreign countries. Maybe it's good that Israel doesn't abide by your definition of the word "help".

I do not at all agree with the things that the Israeli regime does, but I also recognize one important thing: Israel is a sovereign nation surrounded by Muslims who hate them because of who they are. It is an age old conflict of religion and territory. Everyone wants that crappy plot of dirt for some reason. Israel is there and the only way they are giving it up is with all out war. And I think they are too busy focusing on protecting their country from Islamic militants to even think about providing aid to other countries.

I wish my country would follow that example. Protect our borders from illegal immigrants, fix our own country, and stop bullying those effing countries in the Middle East. Let those a-holes "help" themselves.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

I don't think most here are anti semitic. I think they are just sick of Israel acting like top dog when they have been given the worlds biggest hand outs through money, military, and technology. In return Israel has refused to join the UN, refused to sign a Nuke NPT, claimed the most amount of prejudice of any country out there(and there are some damn whiny countries out there), and continue to rattle it's saber even when the USA via Obama, is starting to back away as a friend.

Personally I think Britain handled it all wrong in 47, they should have put up a big fence that said KEEP OUT, sat on it like a good land tycoon would, and then sell it to UAE if 2012 turns out to be a dud. UAE will turn it into the largest 5 star resort in the world, clean, friendly, all are welcome(for the most part) And Britain can use the profit to buy all the whiny bitches of countries a round of Afternoon Tea.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

i guess if you call harvesting organs to sell on the blackmarket help, then sure they've helped alot.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

another of those "if you criticize israel your antisemitic" sympathizers. believe it or not if you criticize israel your not criticizing God or condemning Him. the gulf between God and israel is so big you can drive australia through it.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
for the record several countries withhold their military from over sea ventures with the exception of relief and aid work Japan is forbidden from sending any personal outside of their country.
Switzerland keeps its people to home as well

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

add nuclear weapons (eintstein,oppenheimer) to it and the banking system (rothchilds)

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I find it racist to lump jews in with Israel, many jews do not support that nations terrorism. plenty of jewish americans serve in our military. good xenophobic topic(I agree with you on Israel, just not lumping an entire race with them)

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I don't care where or who they helped the Jews are God's chosen people.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
God's chosen people wouldn't kill.

I'm pretty sure EVERYONE knows what happens when you break a commandment...

And they've broke many, how can that be a nation of God?

Why would he give us rules if he didn't want us to live by them?

After how many murders do they transition between God's children and Satan's spawn?

I think the number was hit in the 50's though, when the israeli farmers were armed with M16's and they chased all the "swine" off "their" lands.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by At0mZer0]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by claireaudient
I don't care where or who they helped the Jews are God's chosen people.
chosen people of what? if they are the chosen people how come they aren't the only race?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129
reply to post by IandEye

this is a thinly veiled anti-semetic thread.

Whatever you wish to think..To me it is just a question..If that makes it anti-semetic in your eyes it's not my fault although I find it hard to believe a relatively harmless question could be...

Ny post about staying on topic was posted to EVERYONE....Not you..

He didn't accuse the Is-it-real Zionist driven governments of statements. He just followed the money to an interesting question. Have they ever done anything for other than themselves.
I'm hoping that someone names something soon. I can't make this (new antonym) pro-Semite for I have no recollection of any act of generosity.

I only know of self-centerness and violence. I'm about as old as this 'nation' and it's long, tiring brutal existence. I never remember a happy time lasting long with these murderers. Sometimes you just have to face that this religious group and it's fervent adherents are not very moral.

This is the jist of the matter. They are not moral. They are ruthless idealists who are becoming the fascists we have feared and faced before.
We need to disassociate from them. We need to remove us from their affairs. Now, if not sooner.

I see no rancor here, I see honest concerns. This a means of addressing a basic question about the character of this supposed ally.
So far, it's wanting.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

yes! me!

they've taught me what not to do..which is very valuable intel.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Sorry if this points been made already, but I don't have time read the whole thread. One area in which Israel has been a great help to the west is in intelligence.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Three Legs

I thought Judaism (Jews) was a Religion not a Race, so how is this racial? Am I missing something here?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join