It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus the Christ say he would come back with a sword? Super religious person needed.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
If so, what is the meaning of this sword? Is it a metaphor? I thought Jesus said turn the other cheek.

OK this should probably be in the Grey area! hehe Sorry.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Theone2000]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
No, he said, "I came as the lamb and I return as the lion"

This person described the symbolism pretty well, in fact probably better than I could:

avenuetchurchofchrist.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by RecentlyAwaken

This person described the symbolism pretty well, in fact probably better than I could:

Seems like this warning didn't work.
He will never come back, because he never was here - simple logic.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux

Seems like this warning didn't work.
He will never come back, because he never was here - simple logic.

There was a man named Jesus the Christ. I would bet my life on it! Now is the bible writen by man? Yes. no man is perfect.
What if I was the LION! RAAR! hehe

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
This actually means something very important. The sword IS a metaphor yes, because Jesus is proven to be =our sun in our galaxy.

The SUN--(Sagittarius Dwarf galaxy)-(note:NOT the milky way) As far back as 10 000 BC history of mankind have been drawing wonderful carvings and showing respect in different ways of this object. Which is very simple to understand since the sun rises every morning giving warmth and security and saving us from the bitter darkness of night. Without it the cultures of the world understood, the crops would not grow and the life on the planet would simply not survive, and this makes the sun the most adored object of all time.

Stars- The cultures were also very aware of the stars,shining bright on them during the nights. The tracking of the stars learned them to anticipate events and track things like eclipses and full moons over a long period of time. They also made a Catalog of the stars into something we per today call Constellations.

Cross of the Zodiac- The zodiac symbol is well known. It is one of the oldest images in human history. It reflects the sun traveling through its 12 Constellations over the course of the year (365 days,and ofc the 12 months) the 4 seasons,the soltices, and the two equinoxes. The term zodiac relates to the fact that constellations were personified. Meaning that the early civilisations didnt only follow the sun and stars,but personified them,making myths which were following their movements,relationships and experiences. The sun with its lifegiving and saving qualities were personified into a representative of the unseeing creator or god-Gods sun,the light of the world and saviour of humankind. Likewise the 12 constellations represented the places of travel for gods sun. And were given names usually by elements of nature which happened at that period of time. Example: aquarious,the water bearer-who bring the spring rain

Horus-- *Egyptian God 3000 BC *Hourus had an enemy called Seth-They would battle everyday until one of them won. Hourus(Light) VS Seth(dark)Every morning Hourus would win against the darkness, and at night Seth would beat the light of hourus and send him into the underworld.( Change from daynight). *Born on Dec.25th. *Born a virgin. *Star in the east (his birth was accompanied by a star in the east). *Adored by 3 kings. *At the age of 12 he was a preacher and a teacher. *At the age of 30 he was baptised by a figure called anaph and started his ministry *Horus had 12 deciples. *Performing miracles,like healing the sick,and walking on water. *Horus was known by many names-"Lamb of God,The Light,Gods Sun,the truth. *After he got betrayed by his friend Typhon he got Crucified. *Buried for 3 days. *Ressurected. --------- Attis *Greece 1200 BC *Born on Dec 25th *Performed miracles *Crucified *Dead for 3 days *Ressurected ..... Krishna *India 900 BC *Born a virgin *Star in the east *Performed miracles with his deciples *Dead 3 days *Ressurected ......... Dyonisis *Greece-500 BC *Born a Virgin *Born on 25th Dec *Performed miracles with his deciples. *Names like"King of kings,gods son,alpha omega Ect" *Ressurected ----- Mithra *Persia-1200 BC *Born a virgin *Born on 25th Dec. *12 Deciples. *Performed miracles. *Dead for 3 days *Ressurected. *Names "the truth ect ect" *Worshipday\restingday sunday ----- Jesus Christ *Born on Dec 25th *Star in the East *3 Kings *Teacher at 12 *At age of 30 baptised and started his ministry. *12 Deciples,performing miracles. *Known as "Alpha and omega,Sun of god,lamb of god ect" *Betrayed by his friend judas. *Dead 3 days *Ressurected *Crucified These are just some of the many million recorded Personifications through religion per today. But why?Why the same attributes? *Birth Sequence-- This is 100% astrological.The star in the east is SIRIUS,the brightest star in the night sky,which on the Dec 24th allignes with the 3 brightest stars on the Orions Belts! These 3 stars are per today called the same as for the ancient times. The 3 Kings. The Sirius star and the 3 kings all point to where the sunrise comes at the Dec 25th="Birth of Gods Sun" atWinter Soltice. *Virgin Mary- The virgin mary is the constellation VIRGO or also known as VIRGO THE VIRGIN,Virgo were also referred to as "The House of Bread". Bethlehem translated means "The house of bread",which is then again referred to VIRGO, a place in the sky and not on earth. There is also something very interresting happening around the DEC 25th or the winter solstice. From the summer solstice to the winter solstice the days become shorter and colder,from a perspective of the northern hemosphere the sun appears to move south and gets smaller. The shortening of the crops and the closer you get into the winter solstice,it represented "DEATH" for the ancient civilisations,it was the death of the SUN.After moving south for 6 months At DEC 22 the sun is at its lowest point in the sky,but then something weird happens. The sun actually STOPS moving south, for 3 days,22-23-24 DEC,and during these 3 days pause the sun reside in the vecinity of the southern crosscrux constellation. After the 3 days pause at DEC 25,the sun moves 1 degree north giving hope for longer days,warmth and spring. And thus it was said. The sun Died on the cross,was dead for 3 days,and then ressurected again giving hope. --- 12 Deciples * This is simply the 12 constellations wich jesus(the sun) travels about with. Ever seen the cross behind jesus head?on pictures? Well its simply the cross of the zodiac. Cause jesus is the sun,the sun of god,the light of the world. John 9:5 *As long as i am in the world I am the light of the world. John 14:3 *And if i go and prepare a place for you,I WILL COME AGAIN,and receive you. As it does every morning.Defending the horrors of darkness.

As a scientist i have worked together with historians and religious historians for many years,and we are coming to understand more and more of what is written in the bible. Did you know that 99% of what is written in the bible is identical in the Egyptian scripts? And that the Koran of the muslims aswell has much of the same information. All the bibles are very important, they are notebooks wich has alot of important info.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Archirvion]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Although no supporter of any religion, I know that in Islam it is said or believed( I seriously do not know which) the last war will be fought with swords and sticks and stones.....like I said some serious muslm can explain better...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Archirvion

Jesus and Lucifer were both the "Bright Morning Stars" Some one explain this!
Why do masons and shriners believe Lucifer is their savior?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoonandStar
Although no supporter of any religion, I know that in Islam it is said or believed( I seriously do not know which) the last war will be fought with swords and sticks and stones.....like I said some serious muslm can explain better...

I think sword, sticks and stones is a metaphor!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Theone2000

well, i am not super-religious - not religious at all, actually - but i do know the bible pretty well.

Jesus said:

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

(Matthew 10:34)

------------------------------

just to clarify:

no, that's not in the bible - at least not as far as Jesus saying such.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

no, that was Albert Einstein, actually.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Jesus will be pissed off. Basicly he is complete. What has been done in israel is finshed and he rolls with the holy spirit. (before he didn't until his death which created the holy ghost/spirit). Now he is mad and angry and kicking ass stomping demons and blowing up governments. (Hopefully). lol I doubt it tho

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

After 40 years of intense research we have 100% proof of that Lucifer is =Lucifer is a Latin word (from the words lucem ferre), literally meaning "light-bearer", which in that language is used as a name for the dawn appearance of the planet Venus, heralding daylight.

The Satanic pentagram is actually a perfect made drawing between Murcury,mars,sun,venus,earth-

We will go out in public with all new information,but everything at its time
- And i believe a person called David icke is getting abit credit of showing our 40 years research and taking it as its own,not fair anyways.

www.davidicke.com... -- the pentagram is there,and the degrees are correct. The rest of the information on that page i have no comment about, might be right,might be false.

The other words Lucifer is reffered as is also having us concerned, what if venus is a timebomb who might blow up?we dont know yet. Anyway ,hope this helps you understand what Lucifer is.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Well I'll give this one a go...
the texts you're refering to:
Revelation 19:11-16 (New International Version)

11I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. 12His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter."[a] He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:
KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

K well Jesus is the king in this case. I guess this is obvious.. if not ask and I'll try to explain.
So there is a "sharp sword" coming out of his mouth... what would that mean? the bible used this symbolism before in Isaiah

Isaiah 49:2 (New International Version)
He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

So we can say that this "sword" is probably not a real sword but a symbolical one... What else does the bible say about Jesus 2nd coming?

2 Thessalonians 2:1-3
1Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers, 2not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us, saying that the day of the Lord has already come. 3Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for (that day will not come) until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.

2 Thessalonians 2:8
8And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming.

So we can say that the sword spoken of in revelation could represent the authority Jesus has received from his father to rule. In essence this part of revelation describes how Jesus will make sure that th wrongdoings from babylon the great will be brought to light... in reality what we should see happening has already started to happen a little... the catholic church is losing their rep because of the things that have come to light lately... this should get worse and worse over time until TPTB will decide to destroy religion.. that will be the start of the great tribulation..

in conclusion... this sword wont be used in the literal sence of "smiting down enemy's". It symbolizes Jesus authority received from god and the strength and authority his message holds.. The smiting will still take place but not by that sword but by the Iron scepter

[edit on 8-6-2010 by faceoff85]

[edit on 8-6-2010 by faceoff85]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Archirvion
Did you know that 99% of what is written in the bible is identical in the Egyptian scripts?

like what, specifically?

got any examples to share?

And that the Koran of the muslims aswell has much of the same information.

uh, no.

i've read the bible and the q'uran - they are not alike AT ALL.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MoonandStar

Einstein also said that

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Really? Come on guys, do some research. Most scholars religious or not, agree that Jesus was here.

in terms of ancient evidences, writings less than 200 years after events took place are considered very reliable evidences. Further, the vast majority of scholars (Christian and non-Christian) will grant that the Epistles of Paul (at least some of them) were in fact written by Paul in the middle of the first century A.D., less than 40 years after Jesus' death. In terms of ancient manuscript evidence, this is extraordinarily strong proof of the existence of a man named Jesus in Israel in the early first century A.D.

www.gotquestions.org...
That's just one source, there are many.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Originally posted by Archirvion
Did you know that 99% of what is written in the bible is identical in the Egyptian scripts?

like what, specifically?

got any examples to share?

Yes i actually gave you an example, just hope you understand it. You can simply do like we did, not in the same range but at least see for yourself. Take the bible, and put it beside the egyptian scrolls.

uh, no.

Read again perhaps?we have studied this page by page for about 40 years. And alot of muslims also are aware of this. It is a fact,not a idea.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

no, that was Albert Einstein, actually.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

It is also written in the Koran
But Einstein is the one who is famous for it

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

uh, no.

Well actually they do... I havent read the Qu'ran in its entirety but I've spend quite some time with muslims and there are more then a few correlations with biblical story's as well as teachings... however in my opinion this could easily be explained by saying the Prophet had biblical influences when writing the Qu'ran. after all the Qu'ran was written AFTER the bible was finished. also the reason the Qu'ran was written was because in those days people felt like the original Bible had been greatly altered and there was need for a new book.. hence the Qu'ran

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Masons is simply a path i have chosen to walk away from. I am in norway at the moment and my friend showed me a Masons Lodge still up and running and some mystique behind it
--so am digging into the masons and trying 2 find out what they are all about.

<<   2 >>

join