It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Day of 9/11 broadcast a broadcaster said we're going into Afghanistan - who was it??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
This is a help request thread...

On the day of 9/11 I was watching the footage at a Ruby Tuesday restaurant that had TVs and lots of people. We all watched in horror and varying emotions.

I heard one of the announcers, I believe it was on CNN, say something like "well I guess we're going into Afghanistan"

I am ONE HUNDRED percent sure of this because I actually made a bit of a spectacle of myself blurting out loudly "Did you guys hear that!!? He said we're going into Afghanistan. How the Hell do we even know who did this yet, let alone if we're gonna attack..."

A lot of people heard it and we discussed the idea and conspiracy theory stuff for a bit.

Does anyone have this on video/youtube link/anything??

(I'm not asking anyone to take my word for this... let's not bother with attacking me eh? I'm just looking for a video clip.)

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
So just sorta bumping this along - I KNOW someone else caught this!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Well....the Taliban were particularly BIG news in 2001...in Afghanistan. Their brutal regime, and imposition of severe Islamic 'law' in the regions they controlled was well covered by media.

Do you not remember this incident, the 'Buddhas of Bamyan'?

Will have to check more of the wayback machine (faulty memory) to see what other conections had been made, in early 2001, about the Islamic extremism, and WHERE it had found the best foothold...and Al Quaida connections, with the Taliban. "Aid and Comfort", for their Muslim 'borthers'....that sort of thing....

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I have all the footage of that day from ABC, CBS, FOX, CNN, BBC, and NBC.

I'm not even going to begin to sit down and watch it all to help you figure it out, if you pin down the network and maybe some type of time reference I'll see what I can find.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Footage is available here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ive watched most of it so you might find it - I think it was on Fox

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Silk

Thanks for that. I don't know the time but I think it was before the buildings fell. I'll mark that thread for later though.

Also, ThaLoccster - I wouldn't sit down and watch it all either! I'm hoping someone has this handy.

new topics

top topics

join