It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious creature biting children

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
www.cnn.com....

I know it's not big foot, or mothman, but it's still kind of interesting

I wonder what it could be, any ideas ATS?

Edit: for some reason my link keeps coming up wrong, I don't know whats wrong with it.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

[fixed source link]

[edit on 3-6-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Your link is a video about an aid boat raising showdown fears.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Holy crap, sorry dude ha ha ha wrong link

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I got the same video...I don't think a boat bit the children

[edit on 3-6-2010 by FBI 33]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Those children might start biting, if they don't get aid, soon! LOL!

Anyway, if this is about bites when the wake up, seen it already. Bats?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Here's your story...

It's probably a Catfish or and Investment Banker from Goldman Sachs or even Sarah Palin biting the ankles of anything alive ....

www.wane.com...

I blame the parents letting their children swim around without a care for nature !!!!
Cheers

PurpleDog UK

PS.............. it's NOT Bats unless they are using snorkels !!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

LOL, that's pretty freakin funny. I do know that years ago, by brother had a school of sunfish decide to pick on one of his nipples one day, while we were swimming in a lake.

So much for the weird, whacky and wild. If fish think it's something to eat, they will go for it!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I went swimming in a lake in Southern Michigan when I was a teenager. I was surprised to find jellyfish the size of my thumbnail there. There were lots of them too. I will second Blanca Rose who was talking about Sunfish biting his brother. It is a good thing those little buggers do not have big teeth.

[edit on 6-3-2010 by groingrinder]

[edit on 6-3-2010 by groingrinder]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Some years back a small lake in Texas was drained because catfish were biting swimmers. There were some serious bites taken out of people.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Ive heard of catfish biting if they get big enough...

Also, I think they found lamprey in a small body of water in California...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Looks like they would want to investigate why the fish are going after kids rather than their own natural food source. Could be signs of a bigger problem.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

It was thought that in the Texas case the fish were attacking people to protect their nesting grounds. Not much info to go on here except that the responsible fish are not breaking the skin as happened in Texas.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Honestly it looks like another kid bit her to me.

The marks don't match any sort of fish.

stereologist, Native US catfish cannot take bites out of people. Believe me I have had my whole arm inside a catfish before. The closest thing they have to teeth are rough patches around inside their mouths

Also catfish don't really like shallow water or large groups of mammals in and around the water where they are swimming in. There's no way a catfish would swim in their and try to feed or nest there or anything.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I have been chased and attacked by one of these whilst I was on holiday in the Maldives last year !!!!!!....

Titan triggerfish
www.bing.com...

These things are VERY territorial whilst guarding nests etc etc and although they are quite large and easy to spot when snorkelling, they come out of no where FAST and try to headbutt and bite you.....

My partner got chased whilst we were snorkelling the reef at Vilu Reef Island, Maldives and I put myself between it and her (my partner I hasten to add).. I was finning on my back looking down onto it as it attacked head on and it took several hits with my fins to deter it........ Sadley for a German tourist nearby who was also snorkelling it took it's anger out on him and bit him on the arm and on his right handside of his body........ although there was enough meat / fat /sausage to prevent serious injury..... Just a bit of blood and Whaleing from him....

www.youtube.com...

They are fearless little buggers !!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
I have been chased and attacked by one of these whilst I was on holiday in the Maldives last year !!!!!!....

That's a salt water fish that lives on reefs in the Pacific ocean

This is a fresh water lake in Southern Indiana.

Come on man we're supposed to be denying ignorance here, pay attention.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by thedarklingthrush

Ooopppss !! Sorry....

Try this link.......

conservationreport.com...

I remeber watching a program about 10 months ago regarding the disapperence of several members of an Indian / Pakistani Village where they were being picked off in the river... First they tought Crocodiles, then Sharks althought they were about 7-800 KM's inland.

Finally they found and caught, I believe a gaint catfish...

What had been happening is that when people had naturally died, they would put the body on a lit Pyr and float it off down the river so as to become one with the earth... What happend is that the Catfish native to that area developed a TASTE for these Burial / burning Pyr's and started to feed off the cadavers... They developed a taste for humans and this then caused then to attack living swimming people...... ALL VERY TRUE...

PurpleDog UK

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

It's a personal story about fish behavior and I thought it quite pertinent to show that even smaller fish can be quite aggressive. Sharks are not the only fish that attack people in the oceans. Fish can be aggressive was the conclusion.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

stereologist, Native US catfish cannot take bites out of people. Believe me I have had my whole arm inside a catfish before. The closest thing they have to teeth are rough patches around inside their mouths

You are wrong. This happened when I lived in Texas. It was in several newspapers at the time.

Also catfish don't really like shallow water or large groups of mammals in and around the water where they are swimming in. There's no way a catfish would swim in their and try to feed or nest there or anything.

Again you are wrong. The place was drained and several large catfish were removed from the lake. The water body was refilled and the problem went away.

As far as the bite mark on the girl it is definitely not from another kid otherwise there would be teeth marks. We see none.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Don't forget the BULL shark...

This operates in both salt water and freshwater and has been known to travel inland quite some distance.....

Quite an amazing creature actually and one of three sharks to be aware of and avoid (?) if you are a human in water........ for ref the other two are Great Whites and Tigers...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
looking at the bite on the girl leg I think she is right a cat fish bite her .
buy the size of the bite less then 18 inches .
cats fish teeth would leave this kind of bite as they are like 80 sand paper so you end up with a rug burn looking bite.
as for brim and most fish you shed skin the fish find this like it and decided to save the wating time and nibble .
brim would make a great expholient for woman lolol
get ride of dead skin have younger looking skin take a swim with brim .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join