It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS UK: Have your cats been ill?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Just a quick question to UK cat owners: has your cat been ill since the last volcanic eruption?

My Mum has a theory so I told her I would post it for her. I have a cat being sick lots (with some flecks of blood) and she has a cat who had been sick a pinkish colour and she's looking after my cat (never off his food, little gannet) and he's gone under the weather and has no appetite along with her cat. There's visible volcanic ash on her plants outside. I know of a couple of other cat owners say their cats are experiencing the same thing.

Could it be connected?
Does anyone else have sick cats?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I live in the UK and am a cat owner.

I can't say I have noticed anything different about her health although she has been allot more vocal recently which I do find odd as she was never one for "meowing"...

...Not that I'm linking that to recent volcanic activity.

If your cat eats bits of grass and plants in order to bring up fur balls then perhaps volcanic ash may be the cause of it's recent sickness, I would imagine volcanic ash isn't something that cats are designed to ingest.

Sorry to hear about your cats ill-health, I think a visit to the vets is in order.

- bonsaisert

[edit on 21/05/2010 by bonsaisert]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I got 2 cats myself but they both seem ok,i live in the country i say this because my mum has a cat who is ill being sick etc,she lives in the city,the cats been ill for around 3 days now.I will admit i find this odd will be interesting if more people say the same.

Regards to all

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
That sounds plausible. Poor kitties!!!! Has anyone been to a vet with their sick cats? I wish you all the best.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Mine is fine. Still a mangey, noisy and territorial Tom.

Can't say I have noticed any change in his behaviour, apart from him sleeping outside as opposed to in when the weather is warm.

Then again, I am in Berkshire, so I wouldn't expect any ash deposits (and haven't noticed any) this far South.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Cat is fine here as well, no signs of sickness. It gets out and about as well so it is more likely to get sick than a cat that stays in the house. Sleeps 8 hours and for the rest runs around the local area.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by Solomons]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
*Meow Meow!*

"My whiskers need a trim but apart from that I'm fine today."

top topics

join