It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Nuclear Facilities attract ufos?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Nuclear Facilties attract ufos

Take a look at this. Related also is the question: If ufos do not exist, why is there an accumulation of (bogus) sightings near nuclear facilities? Does not make sense IMO. Another good argument (even if unsettling...) for the existence of ufos.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Interesting link. I think definately UFO's would be "attracted" to nuclear sites due to the large amounts of energy and radiation. They're also often large enough to be seen from a high altitude. The real question is if the UFO's aren't alien crafts, why is the government flying around the sites? Or is there anything about radiation levels around a nuclear site that would cause a change in the brain to cause these sightings?

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
It's probably a result of the chemicals...they can do strange things to the brain

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Here are a couple theories to play with. Both dealing with the UFO's being something made by Secret Military and not Little Green Men.

1.) The reason is that the Technology to build such craft is known to only a few of the more advanced Governments, who basically use them as a method of spying on each other. The reason that method is used is because these secret government groups are even kept secret from their own known military for the most part as well as being secret from other Nations Military. With that being so, they have the advantage since the common military weapons and so forth cannot catch them or compete with what they can do. That will continue only as long as it's kept secret however, so the continue to keep it that way, and use it as a means of spying on each other and only a very select few understand what is really happening.

2.) They craft which came about from things like the Philadelphia Exp. and Montauk which is when Time Travel was first developed. (So the theory goes anyway.) So what we see as UFO's are really just ourselves from the future or something that have come back study certain areas that may have been the cause of future disasters, such as Nuclear Fallout and War. They in turn have come back to try and change or stop it from happening in the future, thereby changing their own Present where the Earth is all messed up. (Kinda like the 12 Monkey's Plot only without Biological Causing the Problems.) While this is probably the strangest of the two theories, if you have read up on the Phili Experiment and Montauk and all that stuff, this actually has Many, Many eerie and somewhat spooky possibilities of being very possible. A lot of which is backed up by modern theories in Quantum Physics and stuff like that too, which make it even more disturbing. If nothing else, it makes for some good reading, IMO.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I live fairly close to the Sharon Harris Nuclear Power Plant in North Carolina. Probably about 10 minutes as the crow flies. I can see part of it when I go outside. I haven't seen any strange sighting at all. Ever actually. I don't think there is a link between power plants and ufo's.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
kaoscreator,
The report includes military sites were nuclear weapons are stored, as well as nuclear plants for the production of energy. Did you read the report? The increase of ufo sightings between counties with nuclear power vs those without it is a factor of about 2.5. Not enormous but significant IMO. You say you have never noticed anything, but how often do you actually look up in the sky? We tend to rarely look up and rarely for any long period of time. There was a period in the 70's when nuclear weapons bases had lots of ufo activity. There is a good book out there by Terry Hansen called "The Missing Times". The national press gave it practically no coverage.

new topics

top topics

join