It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan War Costs More Than 1,000 U.S. Service Members' Lives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Afghanistan War Costs More Than 1,000 U.S. Service Members' Lives

abcnews.go.com

The U.S.-led war in Afghanistan, launched in response to the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, reached a milestone today as reports of one more service member killed in the conflict raised the total number of U.S. military deaths in and around Afghanistan to 1,000.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnas.org
news.yahoo.com

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Now the death toll is reaching 100 if not more...after 9 years you would think that we would have this situation under control...I myself a veteran of foriegn war in Iraq, am extremely pissed off, I thought Obama was working to pull our troop sout of this war that Bush wanted to continue...and now were sending 30,000 more troop sinto afghan territories. Im sorry but im losing more and more faith in our government over these battles. I dont believe we aqctually should have been in this war, all of you on ATS were here for the 9/11 debates and im not gonna rehash thosebut enough is enough!! lets get our brothers and sisters and husbands and wives home to stay and not stay up night after night wondering if there ok. The government needs to release there hold on the middle east and end there addiction to oil, and pull our troops home, this is a pointless war and will just lead to more death on both sides...and for those peolpe that are actually worried about terror attacks worry about china not the middle east....comments are welcome!! let me know what you think please

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 933K5T4R

The War in Afghanistan (2001–present) has caused the deaths of thousands of Afghan civilians directly from insurgent and foreign military action, as well as the deaths of possibly tens of thousands of Afghan civilians indirectly as a consequence of displacement, starvation, disease, exposure, lack of medical treatment, crime and lawlessness resulting from the war.

en.wikipedia.org...

Food for thought

[edit on 29-5-2010 by and14263]

join