It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US military alert level raised in Seoul, 24 stealth fighters jets ready

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Anyone remember the "Gulf of Tonkin incident" ?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN

If it goes we may use nukes.

We all know what that would mean.

Yep FIFA having to get another team to join the World Cup, after all how can N.Korea play when they havn´t got a country left?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
if kim jong il wants to save face ie: his reputation, he may decide to stop cage rattling and launch an all out attack. i am in fear for the people of korea. what it must be like to live there.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

why do you think Obama been rallying troop sto get ready for war!!! there will be a conflict its just a matter of time. the first warning sot has been made, further inaction on behalf of N Korea will i gaurantee you begin a war

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by bicnarok

Originally posted by SWCCFAN

If it goes we may use nukes.

We all know what that would mean.

Yep FIFA having to get another team to join the World Cup, after all how can N.Korea play when they havn´t got a country left?

Thierry Henry can breath a sigh of relief

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The North have held a press conference for international media(!!!)In which the deny sinking the South Korean vessel:

North Korea's military has held a rare news conference to deny any role in the sinking of a South Korean navy vessel.
The North is also repeating warnings of war if skirmishes break out with the South in disputed waters.
North Korea's powerful National Defense Commission took the unusual step of speaking directly to international media Friday with the message that it did not sink a South Korean patrol ship in March.
General Pak Rim-su spoke in Pyongyang on behalf of the North Korean military. He said the South Korean government's fabrication about the Cheonan sinking has created a dire situation on the Korean peninsula, in which war could to break out at any moment.

www1.voanews.com...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The interesting and potentially worrying thing i read yesterday was that Kim Jong Ill has not been seen for over a week now. Usually state media report his movements (looking at powerplants, visiting factories etc.) every couple of days. Now the article said it is unlikely he has died/ is ill because state media always hype up his image at times of weakeness to promote a sense of power when there is a potential problem.

Experts suggest that this post-Cheonan findings silence is highly unusual; noting that after he suffered a stroke the media exaggerated Kim’s activities and promoted his healthy condition for purposes of domestic solidarity.

Link

It could be that perhaps he has gone into hiding because war is about to break out and NK know this or are going to attack.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

He went to China a week or 2 back-maybe he stayed there,knowing what was on the horizon?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Nothing is going to happen. SK is not going to attack first and NK knows they have gone too far this time so aside from the typical war rhetoric, they arent going to do anything either. This whole thing will fizzle out.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Sometimes I think we forget that nukes are NOT JUST THAT EASY TO DEPLOY,you can initiate a devestating and sustained and dominant conventional strategy and not risk a WORLD WAR,but deploy JUST ONE NUKE---and you risk armageddon.

Thats why china is so dangerous right now,if they were smart,with their manpower they would be beating up all the neighborhood weaklings.

The US and SOUTH KOREA,will definately strike N.Korea.

They have a right to.And the World knows it and wont intervene,not at all,America could lose hundreds of thousands of troops and no one would step in.Here in Canada its the same issue,we have several huge allies in the world ,we are like S.korea,the US is our ally,so game on ,or back up.

Canada will support the US in most of its conflicts and when the chips fall you better bet that all of us COUSINS will be having a big family barbeque as we reload.I hope their is no major conflict on the Horizon.

Better ask what the oil slick is hiding or enabling or preventing,because it is part of this.

Dont expect China to always be the BAD GUY either,they might surprise the WORLD and not intervene and might even enable S.Korea.Stranger things have happened.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Politically, yes, welost Viet Nam.
Militariy? Heh, we won that war a few times over.

The point is, I'm certain the US would win if we fought JUST China, or JUST Russia, but if one is attacked would the others not come to their aid? If America gets involved in a third conflict, and it goes nuclear, a world war would certainly ensue, and America would probably lose overseas.

If their armies ever came to our shores, however, no one would make it off the beach.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadioKnecht
There is no way the US is going to engage in yet another war and open a third front. The military is already stretched too thin and pinned down in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Unless you see a re-enactment of the draft, and then all hell breaks loose in US soil, as there's no way people would stand up for that (unless you're an immigrant seeking citizenship).

That would be something, watching Mexicans die for the US flag. Now that's what I would call an irony.

But i digress

...summing up, nothing to see here, folks...move along.

What about penal legions, get all your violent offenders and all the gang members from the overcrowded prisons and herd them into battle.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Greaaaaaaaat! WWIII might break out and we got the worlds greatest community Organizer at the helm! Anyone wish now they would have voted for the WAR HERO instead now?!?! As A former Soldier I know the boys and Gals in the 2ID are at Maximum pucker factor with such inexperience at the position of Commander and Chief

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Remember that the defenders in the South are grossly out numbered

Compared to U.S/SK?.... Meh, I don't think so.

have no hope of resupply and they have no where to retreat to.

As if the North Koreans can retreat into China?.. lol

If anybody thinks that the technological advantage the defenders have in South would do them any good then they need to read up on how the then high tech German military fared in WW2 .

Things have changed... Dramatically. New radar and tracking systems... New jets and bombs... New satellites and cyber attacks.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The posts about the F-117 stealth kinda sum it up - it's WAY in advance of anything that NK has, yet it's already outdated and retired

Yes, NK has an enormous amount of artillery and a huge army - but that would all amount to target practice once air supremacy was established....which would happen with a handful of F-22's in no time.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I think Japan were humbled by the war but they are nation with strong pride and they may be just biding their time...

Someone played red alert 3 too much?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
reply to post by Rentor

The F-22 Raptor and F-35 are more maneuverable than The F-117 nighthawk, so I'd go with an F-22 squadron with several B-2 spirits flattening air defences and then give the nod to the S.Korean airforce to finish off the job.

Good luck to them though with North Korea having 18,000 air defence weapons..

Considering 1 B-2 actually cost more than the Space Shuttle per unit, losing a few of them will be a sting politically.

But then we will never know, with such biased media reporting.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This does not bode well. Somebody either knows something is going to happen, or is trying to provoke it to happen.

They beat the war drums way too much.

Another war will not help the U.S. at all. If it comes to that I know the talk of secession will quadruple so that we don't have to be a part of it.

Goodbye federal income tax too!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

Good point,but I guess the B2s have the ability to fly out of range of any AA weapons,after they had a f-117 shot down in Serbia during the war there.

en.wikipedia.org...

Its all about the effective alltitude of NKs anti aircraft defence I suppose.
But I doubt they could hit a B-2.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
If we can listen and understand what Albert Einstein's perspective on WWIII, then we will not go ahead and start it.

His quote...

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

His perspective that WWIII will be sufficient to push our civilization back to dark age or worst. Unless it already happen during Atlantis era? There are some information that Atlantis may be advance civilization like our era or few decades ahead than our present technologies. However, something has happen to Atlantis that cause devastating to their civilization and nature of our world. After that, the religion has take over and oppresses the theories of science in order to save the civilization from repeat the mistake of the past?

Bottom line, the war against North Korea will be point of no return in Nuclear Holocaust era based on ripple effects with other strong nations. Do we want that? It's time for people of America to wake up and tell our senators to promote our president not to get involve with North Korea war or our senators already corrupted themselves and will not listen us?

[edit on 29-5-2010 by Aslpride]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join