It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO expert investigating Colorado Cow mutilations (5/21/10): Update w/ Pics & investigators notes!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Umm Im going with the laser comments, how do they know they are lasers? From those pictures they could easily be very sharp knives - how would that look any different?

It is an intriguing topic though. Also someone mentioned case around the world - are there any stats on that? I've only really heard of cases is the USA.

The predetor theory doesn't quite cut it, i mean is a wolf or something meant to be carrying around a scalpul?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I have posted on several cow and animal mutilation threads, and the one thing that always suprises me , is the amount of people who accept official lines as false, and generaly stupid as this :

Predator animals may have licked up the blood, and many people are just not aware of what carrion insects can do to a body, or its speed of decomposition.

The above statements are full of holes. For a start, farmers and law enforcement officials are MORE than aware of the capabilities of both animals, and forensicaly relavent insect life. If they are stumped over an incident, its because neither from an expiriencial , nor an entomological standpoint , can the incident be adequately explained, or any evidence gathered which might shed light upon it.
Further more, there is no longer any doubt amongst those of us who have looked into these matters , that the lack of physical evidence on the ground is completely inconsistant with any realistic manner in which an animal might be killed by either a predator animal, or indeed a human. Short of blowing off its head from a distance with a hunters rifle, a human cannot kill an animal at close quaters , in rural terrain , without leaving a single mark on the ground, or on plant life in the area. A half decent tracker can follow even the most tenuous trails left by men through rural terrain, so its absolutely ridiculous to suggest that these incidents are caused by insane cults, or lone freaks. And thats before you even begin to consider the cadavers left by these occurances.
Wound patterns, and lack of tool marks, no spilt blood on the ground (animals will NOT lick enough blood off the ground to eliminate blood pools utterly , who ever said that needs to be shot ... whipped first then shot) , no foot prints, vehicle tracks, fibres, skin, hair, no discarded cig butts, drinks cans, food wrappers... nothing but a dead animal. All this adds up to a conclusion which quite frankly , most folks wouldnt believe.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I can only give you praise for that post and a star.

Well done and deserved.

I think that will be used by me in the future in any discussions about animal involvement in these types of cases.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
There are a couple of things that bother me with this post...cow mutilations have def been going on for a very long time and they cant be explained away by predation in most cases, there are very few animals or insects that leave a completly clean crime scene, now after stating that in this case i do not believe that the skin was cut via laser, the cuts look and sound very clean from the descriptions and the pictures but no residual burns under the hide or around the initial cut site, what makes more sense is a sharp blade to make the clean and straight cuts...plus the removal of sexual organs and the toungue describe ritual serial murders that have happened in the past...i just find it hard to believe that in this case although hard to explain is the work of aliens...what would they need cows for anyway!! even if cows are close to humans genetically so are pigs and most apes!! why dont we hear about monkey mutilations or pig mutilations...it just seems hard to swallow, but then again i dont have all the information either just stating my opinion, and with the everexpanding human race if visitors wanted to experiment on something close to humans why dont they take them exclusivly, its not like theres a shortage of humans......unless of course they are studying diseases, that makes a little more sense with the removal of organs and such, but still its hard for me to swallow, my opinion is that this case is not the work of aliens but prob some guy killing cows under the guise of aliens so its easier for him to get away with it, as these investigations are usually looked at for a couple of days then ignored by the police

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by anon72
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Very good question. I would have to say please go to his website-I put in the OP update. I think you answer(s) will be there.

Pretty good documentation of the...uh, "crime scene". I'm kind of curious as to why he keeps referring to "laser like" cuts on the carcass. How would you be able to recognize that unless you had seen cattle cut with lasers?

In the original round in the seventies they were described as looking surgical. Same thing. As a carcass dehydrates the skin stretches making all wounds, even jagged ones look surgical.

There is an excellent study done of the first round of this nonsense out there. I wish I still had it. It was almost madness in Colorado that time, even though the number of Cattle deaths went DOWN and not up.

The first was started by a Veterinarian who thought they were a qualified Forensic Pathologist. The one who checked out that horse. That's like having your Family Doctor do Brain Surgery on you. Normal predation and insect damage was misidentified and then hysteria took over. There were a couple of real mutilation cases by kids pretending to be satan worshipers or some nonsense.

I suspect it's been long enough now that people think its been forgotten so they are getting the hysteria going once more. Then the books, tapes and paid for speeches will start.

All it takes is one person to point out what is normal predation and insect damage to a rancher and then the hysteria starts. It does not help that Veterinarians falsely represent themselves as being qualified to autopsy.

I've been wondering when this myth would pop up again.

[edit on 5/25/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by anon72
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Very good question. I would have to say please go to his website-I put in the OP update. I think you answer(s) will be there.

Pretty good documentation of the...uh, "crime scene". I'm kind of curious as to why he keeps referring to "laser like" cuts on the carcass. How would you be able to recognize that unless you had seen cattle cut with lasers?

In the original round in the seventies they were described as looking surgical. Same thing. As a carcass dehydrates the skin stretches making all wounds, even jagged ones look surgical.

There is an excellent study done of the first round of this nonsense out there. I wish I still had it. It was almost madness in Colorado that time, even though the number of Cattle deaths went DOWN and not up.

The first was started by a Veterinarian who thought they were a qualified Forensic Pathologist. The one who checked out that horse. That's like having your Family Doctor do Brain Surgery on you. Normal predation and insect damage was misidentified and then hysteria took over. There were a couple of real mutilation cases by kids pretending to be satan worshipers or some nonsense.

I suspect it's been long enough now that people think its been forgotten so they are getting the hysteria going once more. Then the books, tapes and paid for speeches will start.

All it takes is one person to point out what is normal predation and insect damage to a rancher and then the hysteria starts. It does not help that Veterinarians falsely represent themselves as being qualified to autopsy.

I've been wondering when this myth would pop up again.

[edit on 5/25/2010 by Blaine91555]

Again, no one with experience in the wild or on a farm would "Misidentify Predation" much less a Vet.

Why do people rely on everyone being utterly incompetent to form a viable theory?
Is that the best you can do?

really?
Assuming all these ranchers and farmers missed the very obvious signs of animal predation?

Sorry.. not a chance.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
This is a direct rip of a post I made last month on a similar case, this one involving sheep .

One of the most fascinating things about cases like these, are the apparant tidyness of the kill site, and surrounding area. Lets say I want to go out, kill an animal, take some organs, and flesh right?
Ok so I drive out to the countryside and park up. I scout myself a target meaning I have to travel on foot from the vehicle to my vantage point, leaving tracks and traces inevitably along the way. I have to proceed to the intended victim from the vantage point thus more tracks, more trace, more chance of leaving evidence. But in these cases , there are rarely any discernable tracks or trails left by either a vehicle or feet. The vehicular part will come in later.

Once arrived at the beast I intend to kill, I have to kill the beast, and drain its blood maybe,or remove a portion of its flesh and organs. Ok, so doing this will result in blood loss no matter which way you slice it. Literaly. So if I want to do this without leaving a trace, I have to carry a big waterproof sheet, and some how lay it in a way which would leave no evidence of such a thing, and perform the kill in the centre of that sheet in order to minimise trace blood evidence being left at the scene, in order to create the grisly but amazingly tidy tableau which often arises in these cases. Further more, I would have to make sure that the sheet I use is proof against pucture ripping or tearing, because otherwise a chunk of it may be left at the scene, and in a rural area that would stick out like a sore thumb. And dont forget that I would have to be able to get the animal all the way to the centre of the sheet without disturbing anything under the sheet in any obvious way , in order to produce the same scenes we see in photos, and hear about from reports.

Once the kill has been performed, and the organs, blood , flesh has been harvested, I will need to transport those components away from the scene, and one would assume that if I had a plan for these things, that I would want them to be fresh when I get home or where ever one goes with such things. So Im going to need to have bought with me a ice box or picnic hamper with built in thermal protection. I would then need to carry this box, and the sheet , and the tools I had used back to the vehicle.So . Just to recap... from the vehicle I would have had to have taken, surgical grade tools and instruments to produce the wounds typical of these mutilation cases, a big sheet to prevent blood evidence from being strewn around, and a cold box capable of carrying all the harvested material from the cadaver. I would have had to have performed the tracking, killing, and harvesting of the subject without leaving a trace, and done all that with god knows how heavy and awkward load on my person. Its not physicaly impossible, but if its people doing it, then I want to know where they trained because obviously the classes they passed included Advanced Walking On Air.

Thought this might expand on the points I made already .

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
one thing that we might want to consider as well, and its just a thought mind you...but what if in this case the lack of blood could be cause by the removal of the organs and tongue post-mortem, after the cow has been dead for a while there would be minimal if any spilled blood, if there was it would be easy to clean....

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 933K5T4R

I would be inclined to agree if these were wild animals. Roaming animals after all can go months sometimes without a human comming near them, but farm animals are an asset, part of an investment, and individualy are worth quite a lot of money. This means that best farming practice insists that regular examination, observation , and counting of livestock is paramount to sucessful and prosperous farming. I would be VERY suprised if a farmer of any livestock goes for too many days without seeing a member of his or her herd.
Of course thats how it is in England, I dont know how it is in the states... but I cant imagine that is too much different. Cows need milking, no matter how many you have , thats an every day process as far as I am aware, so I dont see how you could go several days missing thousands of pounds worth of animal and not know about it .
Now , there is another matter to consider. EVEN IF your idea was the case, that still wouldnt explain the total lack of trackable evidence in the kill site. Humans cannot go through a rural area without leaving SOMETHING behind. It doesnt happen, will never happen. Period.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by TrueBrit]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by internazionale
why can`t someone set up a camera to look out for the culprits ? if they are so sure it`s et then i`d chip in a tenner towards a handy cam....not ! big sky tho !!!!

I concur.

If they are losing 4 cattle over the course of 3 weeks...how difficult would it be to get a few cheap cameras and put them up? Limit their grazing area if you can...

It would certainly be cheaper than losing 4 cattle, that's for sure. And then they might get to the bottom of something...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

thanks for the reply...i guess its just my brain trying to come up with a logical explanation for these cattle mutilations, there is in fact no reason for me to believe that this did not originate from an EBE...since there is no physical evidence of any foul play besides the corpse it does make the case extremely wierd, the only thing that bothers me now is why were no limits set to the herd and cameras placed, or why were no radiation tests done to the immediate area or the corpse, as with many abduction and release stories there are trace amounts of radiation that is left in the area after and abduction or supposed landing...i dont know, im a firm believer in visitors, i truly am, and growing up in Oregon, we have some of the best abduction stories and sighting videos around, i just dont see why they want cows lol kinda funny right....but thank you for the reply i always like peoples opinions especially educated ones....keep up the good work...cheers

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 933K5T4R

Well , in answer to your point about limiting the herds ability to roam, I believe that would be a little obvious. Put it this way , I have never heard of a cow being abducted in plain sight, observed by a person. With that in mind, I would therefore assume (I know assumption is dangerous but in this case theres precious little else one can do) that who or what ever is taking these animals is doing so furtively , and does not want to be seen doing so for whatever reason. Now bare that in mind... When the perpetrator goes scouting for a victim, it will asses the target with stealth in mind, so going for a target which is part of a thickly packed herd makes no sense, and a suffeciently intelligent perp , will assume someone is onto his game if farmers start putting thier herds in tiny little padocks. So the trap is rumbled, and the perpatrator moves on and starts doing it else where.
This sensitivity to being spotted will make photographing it , or trapping the culprit , blasted difficult, more so because of the unfathomable depth of reasoning that might go in to every choice of victim, or in the pattern of visits to a particlar farming community over a certain amount of years. I think if there was anywhere to start it would be with the frequency of visits to each farming state, and each location where a mutilation has occured. If a pattern could be established it might lead us to a better understanding of why the mutilations happen, and if we understand THAT, we have a better chance of learning the true identity of the culprit.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I've been doing a little casual Saturday morning research on cattle mutilations. I am trying to find out where the majority of these mutilations take place. What I'm coming up with so far is that these events mostly take place in North America. So if this is correct, my first question is why do the vast majority happen in one area of the world, the same with crop circles.

In absolute numbers, the United States, the European Union, Brazil, and the People's Republic of China are the world's four largest consumers of beef. On a per capita basis, Argentines eat the most beef at 64.6 kg annually per person; people in the USA eat 40.2 kg annually, while those in the EU eat 16.9 kg
en.wikipedia.org...

I really don't know what the answer is but why are there never any reports of cattle mutilations in countries that don't consume a lot of beef (India for example).

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by taccj9903

Perhaps thats because the locations you listed are places which breed cattle for eating , and or use modern farming methods. Finding a reason for why that would be important to the perpatrators of these mutilations is going to be difficult though. The reason for that is because there are very polarised opinions on the possible motives, and identities of the perpatrators.
One idea that has cropped up is that its Aliens studying our food stuffs, specificaly our livestock. Why they should do that is an interesting question, but answering it would require either staggering arrogance, or access to information which most of us are not privy to .
Another idea is that these mutilations are carried out by the governments of the nations effected by such incidents , although the reasoning behind such activities is beyond my ability to comment accurately on. Plenty of bizzare and unlikely motives have been bandied about over the years as to why a government would do such things, and frankly I have never heard one that fits the bill in my opinion.
Then you have the crazy cultist idea.... I personaly dont think that crazy cultists have a damned clue why they do ANYTHING , so figuring them out is next to impossible.
I think the biggest worry for me, is that people investigating this sort of incident very rarely accept the awesome impossibility of the lack of evidence on the scene. Just that alone suggests protagonists who can defy gravity and forensics on quite a fantastic scale, and this leads me to assume that the perpatrators of these mutilations may not be traveling in a conventional way, and possibly not performing the act of dismemberment of mutilation at the scene where the bodies are found. I wont SAY UFO or aliens... but there arent in my opinion humans who are thorough enough to entirely clean a rural area of evidence of something like this.
Motive is very important , but the only suspects capable of achieving these levels of forensic invisibility are frankly beyond prediction and utterly outside the scope of traditional investigative expirience in my opinion. Pinning down the culprit, and finding out why they do what they do, is akin to asking the wind why it blows.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I dont know anything about cows or farming, but isnt there a GPS system made to track cows ?, also how about using strap on motion cameras (around neck) to record the cows activities during the night. Im not saying do it to every cow, but maybe randomly place them on cows you know tend to stray from pack.

Maybe someone will get lucky and be able to see who is doing this...

I dont think its aliens, if they wanted to examine cows they would have the technology to do it passively. Also, if they want cows why wouldnt they just raise there own damn cows ?

In my mind it can be one of two things:
A) Cults
B) Someone playing a joke

[edit on 5-6-2010 by R3KR]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join