It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Israel and Iran were to go to war.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikebell
why does everyone think its always going to be a nuke war. cant it just be a regular war? why do nukes always come up?

Cause when one side loses they are going down with the ship.

Remember the elite of Iran and Israel have cozzy fall out shelters that are the size of football fields (If not 1000 times larger.) with food air for 100 years. Then when they leave their bunkers, they will just move to a not so badly radiated spot. It's like a game of chess for the elite.

The whole world would be effected with radiation if Iran and Israel blew up the middle east. I myself hope it don't happen and the HOPE U.N jumps in soon. That's all we need is Iran and Israel giving off radiation to every one from their fight.

What do you think will happen.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Theone2000]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikebell
why does everyone think its always going to be a nuke war. cant it just be a regular war? why do nukes always come up?

You ever heard of the "Sampson Option?"

Do a little reading - Isreal will Nuke everything they can - Go out in a blazing option! Scared yet??

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Here's one estimate of Israel's nuclear warhead capabilities:

"Israel is currently believed to possess between 75 and 400 nuclear warheads with the ability to deliver them by intercontinental ballistic missile, aircraft, and submarine."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Theone2000

Its a educated guess. I could imagine them having them in 5 years

Based on what?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by manta78
Here's one estimate of Israel's nuclear warhead capabilities:

"Israel is currently believed to possess between 75 and 400 nuclear warheads with the ability to deliver them by intercontinental ballistic missile, aircraft, and submarine."

en.wikipedia.org...

So do you guys think? Is war between Israel and Iran is inevitable?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze

Its a educated guess. I could imagine them having them in 5 years

Based on what?

www.newser.com...
Sure it would take five to ten years to get the rest of the stuff they needed off the black market, or even from china or Russia to make nukes...but come on they have great scientists working with them. Some from China, Russia and other countries who appose the Israelites.
I'm Just saying THIS should NOT be Russia's, China's, or American's war. If there is going to be a fight let them fight it out without ww3 happening.

The U.S.A. needs to stop being the worlds police. If war happens over there we should stay out of it, as it would cause ww3 if we jumped in.

What say you?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Look man i dont doubt for a second Iran want ICBM capable nukes, over the last ten years Iran has been investing heavily into there Space programme. Now, from an international legal stand point, no one can do a thing about this, why would they?, any nation can invest into a space programme, its just that rockets used for this are basicaly highly efficient long range missles. If a nation where to tell the UN or Nato

"Yeah were pissing half our gdp away on military ballistic programmes"

the international ban hammer comes down on them pretty heavy. If however they funnel money into a "space programme" no one can really do a thing about it, its why North Korea got away with it. America and Russia used there space programmes as covers to do the very same thing, develop long range missles to hit each other. And who can blame them?, if i were Iran i would want ICBMs that could hit Washington with pinpoint accuracy and get as many of them i could, as fast as possible. Any nation with weapons like that does not get invaded, ever.

But my problem is the time frames. Russia cannot hand Iran this technology, to legaly get Iran into a position where it has its own ICBMs it must first start at sqaure one and teach Iran how to do it, all above board. Nuclear material, and weapons grade nuclear material are two very different things and can take decades of research to acheive. There then is the matter of attaching it to something that can reach any great length to pose a threat. I just seriously doubt Iran will have that sort of capability within the next 15, 20 years. Iran simply just does not have the man power, technology or money, this is the sort of technology that can easily bankrupt a nation.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Well, if you are talking a war in with nuclear weapons, it’s anybody’s guess.

Right now, as things stand, Iran is in a difficult situation. Let’s take this scenario into examination; let’s say that Israel decides to go on a midnight bombing run to take out Iran’s nuclear facilities before they can build a nuka-bomb. What’s Iran to do?

Look at a map of the Middle East; Turkey, Iraq and Saudi Arabia all lie between Israel and Iran. There is no common ground border. That means retaliatory air strikes. That also means Iran would have to get fly over permission from at least one of the buffer states, and most likely Syria as well. There doesn’t seem much chance that Turkey or Iraq would allow massive fleets of Iranian planes to invade their airspace. Without that permission, there is no way Iran can get their fighters and bombers to Israel. Checkmate. The Iranians just have to suck on it and stew about it.

But let’s take it further and play the ‘what-if’ game further. So let’s pretend both Iraq and Syria allow Iranian flyovers. What then?

Well, you’ve got a situation in which the Iranian air force is completely inadequate for the job. The numbers estimated for the Iranian air force vary, but at best they can muster a few hundred fighters and few – if any – strategic bombers. Of those few hundred, a significant portion are archaic Soviet and Chinese models.

That means a few hundred subpar airplanes, manned by pilots with subpar training, would be forced to fly at the very limits of endurance for both man and machine. They would be watched and waited for by one of the most highly trained and professional air forces in the world – well rested and armed to the teeth. The few Iranians that might make it through the initial barrage of SAMs and flak would be then faced with a force that is both technologically superior and staffed with better pilots. It would be a turkey shoot. The Jews would lose more planes to accidents and malfunctions than enemy action.

At this point, Iran would be forced to plead to the U.N. for sanctions and b.s. resolutions. Again, checkmate in favor of Israel.

<< 1   >>

join